GT 8/28: SOX @ BAL, 6:05 pm, If a team wins two in a row . . .

6 minutes ago, T R U said:

Not playing the As anymore, these guys are just atrocious all over

Grayson Rodriguez came into the season as one of the top pitching prospects in the game...so this is NOT unexpected.

He's been a bit more inconsistent than predicted, but there have never been questions about his stuff.

He really hasn't done anything bad tonight, but I hate watching Vaughn play 1st as much as watching Kopech pitch. I'm not kidding now, but

there is no way Eloy could be as bad as AV at 1B with about one weeks experience.

3 hours ago, Big Hurtin said:

No, because a winning streak starts at 3 games.

Not around here. All streaks start with a loss. Just like taking a krap, scratching your neck or eating a hot dog. 

1 hour ago, zisk said:

He really hasn't done anything bad tonight, but I hate watching Vaughn play 1st as much as watching Kopech pitch. I'm not kidding now, but

there is no way Eloy could be as bad as AV at 1B with about one weeks experience.

Can Eloy handle the rigors of first base for more than a few weeks without breaking down? He’s had trouble remaining on the field this season as a DH.

Consecutive games missed by season (2+):

2023: 8, 21, 4, 2, 4

2022: 2, 65, 4

2021: 99, 4, 2

2020: 2, 3

2019: 3, 21, 11, 2, 2

1 hour ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

No idea why Colas would throw to 3rd there. Just throw the ball to 2nd base. He let the trailing runner get to second and both runners score on a soft single.

Great diving catch by Robert to get the 1st out.

Colas is an incredibly dumb defender

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Colas is an incredibly dumb defender

He fits right in with this "baseball-stupid" organization which wouldn't know how to execute fundamentals if they bit them on the ass.

Regarding Kopech, I know because the Sox aren't going to go out and sign/trade for four starting pitchers next year that he's going to stay in the rotation but this guy is not a starter.

He could make a solid relief pitcher though but naturally the Sox won't try that approach. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Regarding Kopech, I know because the Sox aren't going to go out and sign/trade for four starting pitchers next year that he's going to stay in the rotation but this guy is not a starter.

He could make a solid relief pitcher though but naturally the Sox won't try that approach. 

Just go with the 6-man rotation or 7-man where every starter pitches two innings, Let's face it Sox have had no pitchers in the modern era worth a flip after 5 innings max. Kopech can go all out two innings along with the rest of the guys on the "staff" next year. No reason to trot these guys out 5-6 innings when THEY ARE INCAPABLE of 5-6 innings of excellence. Except mabe Clevinger. He's done pretty well. Way better than Cease and Kopech. Cease would be another stellar 2 inning guy. I hate modern baseball but if it's here, it's here. Tell me my idea blows. It does not!

Edited by greg775
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, kwill said:

Boys this maybe the last gane I watch this year. 

bullpen is just brutal 

a.) I haven't watched a game in a while. That's a first for this lifelong fan. Sox should be worried. If I'm not watching, very very few are watching.

b.) As it has been for years. Sox relievers blow chunks so to speak.

38 minutes ago, greg775 said:

a.) I haven't watched a game in a while. That's a first for this lifelong fan. Sox should be worried. If I'm not watching, very very few are watching.

b.) As it has been for years. Sox relievers blow chunks so to speak.

I listened to many games starting in late April (beyond Clevinger games which I do not follow), and was excited after the Tuesday firings. That ended the following morning when Boob said Getz is their frontrunner. If someone less qualified than Kenny or Rick take over, I'll just wait until Jerry is gone before following closely again, assuming I still care. If they hire someone credible from beyond the organization, I will resume following the team and give it a chance.

They sucked me in this weekend with the shooting and White Sox/Jerry Reinsdorf way of handling it (incompetence, minimal transparency or concern for fans, non credible communication, national embarrassment). Not much else to follow at this stage until the announcement.

I hated the way they treated Kopech from the start. They made him out to be the team's savior before he threw one pitch at the major league level. Years later, he still doesn't know how to pitch. If he is still in the rotation next season, you know more losing is on the way. Back to the rebuild. How about that new stadium?

5 hours ago, Highland said:

I hated the way they treated Kopech from the start. They made him out to be the team's savior before he threw one pitch at the major league level. Years later, he still doesn't know how to pitch. If he is still in the rotation next season, you know more losing is on the way. Back to the rebuild. How about that new stadium?

We know that already.

6 hours ago, Highland said:

At that point he was consistently pumping 99+ with a very sharp slider. The upside was very real. This version of him is a shell of what he used to be, add in his refusal to have a 3rd off speed pitch like a changeup and this is what you get.