It’s official - Getz named SVP & GM

NCsoxfan

29 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

I’m not even kidding this site should draft a letter to send to the commissioner about forcing him to sell, put that s%*# online and have everyone sign it as a petition, and just keep embarrassing this dude every year until he is gone via choice or via shedding the mortal coil

Unfortunately that will be as useless as that Sell JR Sell billboard. 

Just a tone deaf response by JR..

Been a Sox fan for a long time. Been through a lot of losing seasons. Why does this year seem to be the worst? Why do I care as much as I do? I certainly seem to care more than I did years ago.

The Sox used to lose and I would shrug and say, hey, we suck but it’s baseball and it’s fun. This year is just an embarrassment on some many levels.

Edited by soxfaninfl
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, caulfield12 said:

Because Haber was even less well prepared and respected...

I believe the entire interview process was Heads Getz, Tails Haber.

8 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Cows at least have the sense to cross to the other side of the road.  At least usually.

b3dzLmpwZw

• Like 1

Now is the time you make a point White Sox fans.  Enough with the Twitter warriors.   Make it hurt.  DO NOT INVEST ANOTHER SINGLE DOLLAR FOR FUTURE TICKETS.   Especially you season ticket holders, you can make it hurt.  I dumped mine at renewal this time last year, DO THE SAME!🤬

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

20 minutes ago, HOFHurt35 said:

This. 

Twitter, my text threads, the Score acting like this is some sort of shocking breaking news.    This was already expected 2 weeks ago.   It sucks, move on.

Until Reinsdorf sells or dies,  only "YES" men will get high profile jobs on this team.  They couldn't control Ozzie's mouth, so he got canned.    That would be the last hire (a person with a pulse) like that. 

I agree with everything except Ozzie got canned because of his mouth.  Ozzie quit on the team.  Ozzie took a different job.  Ozzie is a whole different problem.  

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, chetkincaid said:

That would achieve NOTHING. Those old rich guys don't care what fans think.

The only thing they understand is money. And the only think we can do to affect change is boycotting the games and merchandise. I wouldn't spend a dime on this team. I'd rather go see the Schaumburg Boomers or Kane County Cougars before I give any money to the White Sox.

Nothing has achieved anything but I just want to list out all his bullshit and put it out there.  I’m not expecting it to affect anything but it would be cathartic lol

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Vote4Pedro said:

There will be no press conference. You guys really think Jerry is going to get up in front of the microphone and speak to the media to introduce him? 

Brooks or Reifert could do it. There will be a press conference. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Milkman delivers said:

The better question is if they’ll take questions. And if so, will anyone have the balls to ask a tough one.

Right, I assume there will be questions, but I doubt there are any tough ones asked. Although I don't really know what other questions there are at this point? Also, it doesn't really matter at this point. The tough questions make for good talking points for a day. With the way Jerry keeps people, let's all be honest...the odds HEAVILY favor this is the last GM he'll have. So people are pissed about it...what's it going to change? 

I have an issue with Chris Getz's title. Giving him the GM title as the lead decision maker is a mistake imo. It doesn't let you poach from other orgs. If he were given the title of President of Baseball OPS, you could then hire a GM from somewhere and inflate the title to get another smart person in the org. Carter Hawkins isn't in charge of baseball ops but the Cubs were able to take him by elevating his title essentially. It's happened all over the sport. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Status of Grifol will be the main question 

And the easy answer is "We're going to look at everything in the offseason, but I really like the energy and passion Pedro has brought to the team, blah blah blah" 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

I have an issue with Chris Getz's title. Giving him the GM title as the lead decision maker is a mistake imo. It doesn't let you poach from other orgs. If he were given the title of President of Baseball OPS, you could then hire a GM from somewhere and inflate the title to get another smart person in the org. Carter Hawkins isn't in charge of baseball ops but the Cubs were able to take him by elevating his title essentially. It's happened all over the sport. 

It's a positive in Jerry's mind. He created the EVP position not for strategic planning or organization management but rather as a result of the blowup of Ozzie vs. Kenny in 2012 and to keep "his son" and his friend's son on the payroll.

Also, Jerry has no interest of poaching anyone from any external organization as the Chris Getz hire proves, and also has no interest in other teams poaching his staff, as proved by the blocking of Kenny and Rick and likely others to pursue external opportunities.

Someone needs to challenge baseball's anti-trust exemption to break these unfair labor rules. People should be able to get a job with any organization they are qualified, be it a minor league player trying to avoid Jerry's mandated covid jab, or a front office person looking to leave a toxic organization like the White Sox.

• Like 1

• bmags unpinned this topic