Cease To Padres per Passan

Chicago White Sox

16 minutes ago, fathom said:

Nightengale gives a Cease trade a 90 pct chance of happening.  Nothing close though, as he thinks Sox will get two of a teams’s top 10 prospects.  He also mentioned they’re definitely lowering payroll after the attendance disaster last year.

This was from soxtalk podcast 

The risk of a catastrophic injury outweighs the value of attempting to increase his value waiting on a trade deadline bump up…remember, despite Quintana being so shaky the year of his trade, his previously established value was enough to get a solid haul and what looked like highway robbery, and the same would likely to be true if Cease was still much closer to 2023 than 2022 form statistically…as long as he got his fastball back up into the high 90s more consistently, there would be the belief out there the right pitching coach could still fix him after they got him away from such a dysfunctional organization.

The Sox just seem to have messed up the character assessments on Moncada Jimenez and Kopech…an area where there’s never really been a question about Dylan’s work ethic and commitment to his craft like those other three guys.  

Edited by caulfield12

8 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

Lmao Boob.  Yea we know the payroll is being lowered.  Everyone isn’t dumb 

I had lunch with Jerry recently and he told me that you cannot spend a quarter when you are only bringing in a nickel....then he slid the lunch check over to me.

• Haha 5

26 minutes ago, fathom said:

Nightengale gives a Cease trade a 90 pct chance of happening.  Nothing close though, as he thinks Sox will get two of a teams’s top 10 prospects.  He also mentioned they’re definitely lowering payroll after the attendance disaster last year.

This was from soxtalk podcast 

My God the attendance was a disaster because of his own dedication to loyalty resulting in the worst front office in the game. How can he possibly be this dumb? 

Great. More prospects to watch. Can't wait til this rebuild fails and we start over in 2028.

Just now, TheBooneLoganEra said:

My God the attendance was a disaster because of his own dedication to loyalty resulting in the worst front office in the game. How can he possibly be this dumb? 

Great. More prospects to watch. Can't wait til this rebuild fails and we start over in 2028.

and after next year, we will hear payroll has to be cut because no one in their right mind will want to watch the 2024 Sox play

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, TheBooneLoganEra said:

Because he makes money on this team without lifting a fucking finger and he doesn’t care 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

This whole thing goes to prove there was some sort of pissing contest in that front office.

Why fire them when he did and then put Getz in there and go on some idiotic rant about competing next year and not wanting to give the next guy time learn the system.

I'd have given him more credit if he just said, "I like Chris, I know he is inexperieinced but this thing is a mess and I trust he can build the organization we need."  I handed the keys to Kenny and Rick and they drove it off a cliff. 

I really wonder if there was ever a conversation about spending on things Tampa does to keep the payroll low and win or if Rick and KW took the funding and wasted it on the Leury Garcia's of the world.

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

I absolutely believe he has such contempt for the fan base after they s%*# on his bff Tony

That’s part of it but I fully believe he found his sweet spot of making money, with minimal effort put forth, back in the 90s and all he has done is changed the cast around him a little bit

1 hour ago, Quin said:

The fun thing is, if Cease had repeated 2022, we'd be talking about a godfather package

His down year — that still had a 3.7 WAR, 33 starts, 214 strikeouts, and 3.7 FIP — is gonna get a random considering he still has two year's control and pedigree.

Exactly, I don’t understand people who are saying he’s not worth more than a top 65 prospect. Top 25-30 at minimum to start 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

That’s part of it but I fully believe he found his sweet spot of making money, with minimal effort put forth, back in the 90s and all he has done is changed the cast around him a little bit

I seem to remember hearing that before they got good...the putrid Houston Astros team that lost well over 100 games and had awful attendance was one of the most profitable teams for a season of all time.

Feels like at least three "final call, we are going to trade him" leaks now.  

I don't fully understand moving him before FAs sign unless there is a grand plan to really try and compete in 2024 and it is necessary to have the pieces in place before Getz goes FA shopping (lol).  

11 hours ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Nah talking about Outman doesn’t. The childish attitude of “I was right all along” without offering any sort of deal the Dodgers would be interested from a year ago is what triggers me.

Edit: what are you 12? Be better.

Seems like you’re the kid in the sandbox to me. 

40 minutes ago, wegner said:

I seem to remember hearing that before they got good...the putrid Houston Astros team that lost well over 100 games and had awful attendance was one of the most profitable teams for a season of all time.

We love to reward owner bad behavior 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Rey21 said:

Exactly, I don’t understand people who are saying he’s not worth more than a top 65 prospect. Top 25-30 at minimum to start 

2 months of a struggling Giolito returned a backend top 100 prospect.  The logic that Cease returns a similar headliner is just having blinders on. 

• Like 3

Cease to Baltimore makes too much sense. The O's have so many position players in their deep system, and they are prime WS contenders. Hopefully they miss out on the expensive SP FA class and get desperate for Cease. I'm sure if NY or TB get involved in the Cease sweepstakes, they'll pounce.

My respect for Getz would grow if he can net 2 of their top 6 guys for Cease. 

3 minutes ago, GreatScott82 said:

Cease to Baltimore makes too much sense. The O's have so many position players in their deep system, and they are prime WS contenders. Hopefully they miss out on the expensive SP FA class and get desperate for Cease. I'm sure if NY or TB get involved in the Cease sweepstakes, they'll pounce.

My respect for Getz would grow if he can net 2 of their top 6 guys for Cease. 

Baltimore is the best fit, and perhaps landing  two rotation options in Soroka and Schuster make a position player heavy return on Cease more likely.  Prior to that deal, Sox almost would have HAD to take back pitching in a Cease trade.  Have slightly more flexibility on that now.  O's just don't have any SP to trade. 

• Like 1

• Heads22 changed the title to Cease To Padres per Passan
  • Heads22 locked and unlocked this topic
  • Heads22 pinned this topic
  • Heads22 unpinned this topic