Cease To Padres per Passan

Chicago White Sox

29 minutes ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

Not my favorite package. Really hope BAL steps up but those prospect hugging losers seem unwilling to fully go for it.

I don't understand why they're holding guys like Kjerstad and Ortiz when they're blocked. Makes no sense. 

Also, the Sox might want pitching back for Cease which is why they're more interested in Smith-Shawver and Waldrep. 

Edited by baseball_gal_aly

51 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Any version of “this guy isn’t worth as much as you think” becomes a personal “you hate success!” - a classic White Sox move. Probably exactly how they created the Yes Man setup that defined the last GM.

You literally just convinced yourself there is no market for Cease but a crap Braves offer and that Getz has gotten every single major MLB insider (including Rosenthal who doesn’t get used very often) to claim the market for Cease is intense because they all gain from this non-exclusive info for…reasons.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

You literally just convinced yourself there is no market for Cease but a crap Braves offer and that Getz has gotten every single major MLB insider (including Rosenthal who doesn’t get used very often) to claim the market for Cease is intense because they all gain from this non-exclusive info for…reasons.

In about three days, one of two things will happen - either you’ll be right and bragging about Cease’s great return…or I will point out that we are past the winter meetings and that if any of these great deals were actually there they would have been made by now. I can almost say that right now, but sometimes it does make sense to wait until the Winter Meetings to see how the market shapes up, but almost never later. You will try to pretend that Getz has so many great offers he can’t decide and that will make sense to you for…reasons. 

But of course, I will be the bad fan for pointing that out. 

• TLR 1

7 minutes ago, SoCalChiSox said:

I highly doubt those two pitchers and Grissom will be the best overall offer. 

If BAL wants to hold onto Cowser fine, give me Hjerstad, Norby/Ortiz and Hall/Povich/Bradfield.

I'll take that any day over Atlanta.

We already got alot of pitching, we need position players. 

I don’t agree that they have “a lot” of pitching, but yeah that Braves offer is underwhelming.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, SoCalChiSox said:

I highly doubt those two pitchers and Grissom will be the best overall offer. 

If BAL wants to hold onto Cowser fine, give me Hjerstad, Norby/Ortiz and Hall/Povich/Bradfield.

I'll take that any day over Atlanta.

We already got alot of pitching, we need position players. 

Sox don't have enough pitching IMO. They need everything. Eder and Nastrini aren't as good as Smith-Shawver and Waldrep. 

Schultz is still 2+ years away. 

Edited by baseball_gal_aly
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

In about three days, one of two things will happen - either you’ll be right and bragging about Cease’s great return…or I will point out that we are past the winter meetings and that if any of these great deals were actually there they would have been made by now. I can almost say that right now, but sometimes it does make sense to wait until the Winter Meetings to see how the market shapes up, but almost never later. You will try to pretend that Getz has so many great offers he can’t decide and that will make sense to you for…reasons. 

But of course, I will be the bad fan for pointing that out. 

Why does he have to make a trade during the Winter Meetings?  As much as I’d love to see a deal take place this week, that doesn’t mean he won’t be able to make an impactful deal after the meetings.  In fact, if we’re being realistic, we shouldn’t a deal until after Yamamoto, Snell, & Montgomery sign.

I’m not sure I follow your logic here.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, baseball_gal_aly said:

Sox don't have enough pitching IMO. They need everything. Eder and Nastrini aren't as good as Smith-Shawver and Waldrep. 

We have done nothing but trade for pitching. You got 4 pitchers. Im not saying they are great or anything but those are the guys you got...so now develop them. 

We need position players now. We need 2 plug and play players at RF and 2B.

To me, it's hard to say we need to get SIX pitchers before we get even one legit position players.

Get some fucking savage bats already I've been screaming about this forever.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

They don’t have enough. Nowhere near enough.

They also don’t have enough positional prospects that we can hope will be first division regulars.  We’re literally talking about Montgomery, Ramos, & Quero.  After that you’re looking at Gonzalez, a bunch of high variance guys (Popeye, Veras, etc), and couple younger prospects a few years out (Burrowes, Wilkow, etc).

4 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

They also don’t have enough positional prospects that we can hope will be first division regulars.  We’re literally talking about Montgomery, Ramos, & Quero.  After that you’re looking at Gonzalez, a bunch of high variance guys (Popeye, Veras, etc), and couple younger prospects a few years out (Burrowes, Wilkow, etc).

They don’t have anywhere near enough of any position, fielding or pitching.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Timmy U said:

I love seein names in trade rumors like Waldron and Bradford that the Sox passed up in the draft so they could grab Jacob Gonzalez.. D’oh!

Yeah, think I said yesterday but almost every team we are matched up with I end up hovering over their 2023 first round pick longingly.

10 minutes ago, bmags said:

Anyway if we are doing bat-first players I’d take Grissom over Busch.

At Gwinnett (not PCL) this year he had a BB rate of 12%, nearly had equal walks to Ks.

He had 30+ doubles as well. 

In AAA, only 8 HRs and also high BABIP.

Also right handed. 

No. 

Full stop

19 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

They don’t have anywhere near enough of any position, fielding or pitching.

Agreed.  I just think I see a path of we luck into a competent pitching staff with the mix of minor leaguers we have and a few free agents.  I don’t think we can luck into useful positional guys unfortunately.

• Fire 1

6 minutes ago, SoCalChiSox said:

In AAA, only 8 HRs and also high BABIP.

Also right handed. 

No. 

Full stop

Had 19 home runs across three levels the year before. He hit .320…of course he had high BABIP.  He’s always had high BABIP.

When healthy I like our chances with a core of Moncada, Benintendi, Robert, Eloy, Vaughn.  IMO DeJong is a fine bridge to Montgomery, and I think Lopez will get lots of playing time as super-sub.  Cease should / will be traded to whichever team fills two of the three remaining RF, 2nd base, and catcher positions with good but perhaps blocked players.  They should be ML ready not future hope and dream type players.  This assumes of course that JR was serious about competing this year.  Finish the Cease trade with however many serviceable arms make the deal work.  Use free agency for that position still needing improvement and a couple of arms.  Personally, I feel we improved by the subtraction of Grandal, Anderson, and Bummer.  The pitchers we lost were nothing to write home about either.  It's not the 27' Yanks but this squad would compete for a playoff spot IMO.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, poppysox said:

When healthy I like our chances with a core of Moncada, Benintendi, Robert, Eloy, Vaughn.  IMO DeJong is a fine bridge to Montgomery, and I think Lopez will get lots of playing time as super-sub.  Cease should / will be traded to whichever team fills two of the three remaining RF, 2nd base, and catcher positions with good but perhaps blocked players.  They should be ML ready not future hope and dream type players.  This assumes of course that JR was serious about competing this year.  Finish the Cease trade with however many serviceable arms make the deal work.  Use free agency for that position still needing improvement and a couple of arms.  Personally, I feel we improved by the subtraction of Grandal, Anderson, and Bummer.  The pitchers we lost were nothing to write home about either.  It's not the 27' Yanks but this squad would compete for a playoff spot IMO.

How many years in a row are we going to say when healthy for Moncada and Eloy and then act shocked when they don’t stay healthy? This team even if they are healthy have zero pitching and that core last year couldn’t contend. This team must get a haul for Cease to accelerate the rebuild, but outside of that they are going nowhere fast unless they open the check book but we all know JR isn’t about to spend half a billion to fix all the issues they have.

• Love 1

19 minutes ago, poppysox said:

They’re gonna be a 100 loss team

• Like 4

• Heads22 changed the title to Cease To Padres per Passan
  • Heads22 locked and unlocked this topic
  • Heads22 pinned this topic
  • Heads22 unpinned this topic