Cease To Padres per Passan

Chicago White Sox

17 minutes ago, SoCalChiSox said:

Dammit....LAD and NYY just made a trade and Vivas going to NYY. I wanted him as like a third piece in an LAD Cease trade. 

If the Dodgers were willing to part with him so easily for 40 man space we should have done something. 

15 minutes ago, fathom said:

Sweeney is a pretty good prospect 

Sweeney is a legitimate prospect and does not require being added to the 40 man roster

Dodgers needed to free up two 40 man spots for Ohtani and Kelly, so this helps them with that

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

His bat has disappeared.

Brutal season offensively for Cartaya in AA. Still only 22, he is a reasonable bet to bounce back and is still young for level. 

Some of the luster certainly wears off after posting a wRC+ of 71 in AA though. I think he may be viewed as too risky to headline a major trade right now.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

He could be a third piece in a deal for sure.

Assuming MLB rankings are reasonably accurate, the Dodgers don't have an elite prospect and really none in that next category either.  Their top is #43.  And their prospects are older.  I don't expect an elite prospect for Cease, but I would think we'd need some volume from the Dodgers for it to work, especially if they hold back their #1 and #2, as teams want to do.

Edited by GreenSox

I wonder if as @CaliSoxFanViaSWside mentioned the Sox don't want Busch because he's bat only and maybe they want Lux (we were rumored to want him before) to play 2B for now since Busch doesn't have the glove for it and also as insurance in case Montgomery has to move to 3B soon and this is LAD way of getting a prospect with a 2024 ETA to quickly backfill Lux's spot in a trade?

If LAD offered Lux (2B/SS), Pages (RF) and a SP, I feel Getz would accept it. 

In this hypothetical, there is significant risk in the fact we are getting two guys coming off  legit injuries but they'd prolly be unavailable otherwise. 

Edited by SoCalChiSox

3 minutes ago, SoCalChiSox said:

I wonder if as @CaliSoxFanViaSWside mentioned the Sox don't want Busch because he's bat only and maybe they want Lux (we were rumored to want him before) to play 2B for now since Busch doesn't have the glove for it and also as insurance in case Montgomery has to move to 3B soon and this is LAD way of getting a prospect with a 2024 ETA to quickly backfill Lux's spot in a trade?

If LAD offered Lux (2B/SS), Pages (RF) and a SP, I feel Getz would accept it. 

Lux and Pages each come with injury concerns that would make that a pretty questionable deal

Lux only has three remaining seasons of control as well

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, steveno89 said:

Lux and Pages each come with injury concerns that would make that a pretty questionable deal

Lux only has three remaining seasons of control as well

I like Lux if the Sox are looking for a package maybe a bit light on the top 50 prospect size, but much deeper in terms of the overall prospect count and quality of talent. Make it the type of move where you are light on top 50 guys but you get a lot more Top 150-200 level guys.  A guy like Lux is kind of the equivalent - in the sense that he has the upside of a Top 50 guy, but injuries and other stuff obviously drives up his risk.  

You also obviously get less years of control for Lux.  

1 minute ago, Chisoxfn said:

I like Lux if the Sox are looking for a package maybe a bit light on the top 50 prospect size, but much deeper in terms of the overall prospect count and quality of talent. Make it the type of move where you are light on top 50 guys but you get a lot more Top 150-200 level guys.  

Lux only has 4 years of control though, right? 

18 minutes ago, Texsox said:

I'm always in favor of numbers over potential with young players. 

Not sure I would be a fan if the Sox opted for a quantity over quality package for Cease

He is your best chance to return potential premium pieces outside of dealing Robert

• Like 2

1 hour ago, steveno89 said:

Brutal season offensively for Cartaya in AA. Still only 22, he is a reasonable bet to bounce back and is still young for level. 

Some of the luster certainly wears off after posting a wRC+ of 71 in AA though. I think he may be viewed as too risky to headline a major trade right now.

I'll take him as a 3rd piece 

• Thanks 1

• Heads22 changed the title to Cease To Padres per Passan
  • Heads22 locked and unlocked this topic
  • Heads22 pinned this topic
  • Heads22 unpinned this topic