Cease To Padres per Passan

Chicago White Sox

49 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

Why the f*** would Getz take Madrigal back in trade? Isn’t he trying to improve the future outlook of this team?

To see if we can goad Benetti into calling him "Nicky Two Strikes" from the Tigers' booth?

• Haha 2

43 minutes ago, WestEddy said:

On an Orioles' board that is similar to this, a person named "interloper" says:

And on Twitter, there's a lot of "Just go out and trade for Cease, already" from various other teams' fans. I think Cease will be traded, and I believe he will bring back a Chris Sale type deal (2 top 100, 2 middling prospects). 

https://forum.orioleshangout.com/forum/2-orioles-talk/

Sale returned an MLB-ready blue chip prospectg that was widely top prospect in the game, and a legit top 30 type.  Moncada obviously didn't pan out to his lofty projections, but let's not just call him a "top 100" prospect.  That would be like O's trading Holliday + Kjerstad/Mayo and two filler pieces.  

• Like 3
  • Fire 1

5 minutes ago, joejoesox said:

did he really say that? 

I don't remember the exact quote but I thought he said something strongly suggesting Eloy was gone. 

I do remember him saying something recently tho about how there was interest in eloy but it had to "make sense for both sides".

Maybe they will use that as an excuse if there's no deal but it will be awkward and I think Harold or fathom or someone said they want him out due to work ethic stuff

1 hour ago, WestEddy said:

And on Twitter, there's a lot of "Just go out and trade for Cease, already" from various other teams' fans. I think Cease will be traded, and I believe he will bring back a Chris Sale type deal (2 top 100, 2 middling prospects). 

If he does, that would mean that Boston severely underpaid for Sale* or Baltimore has severely overpaid for Cease.

Sox did sell Sale low, although the level of severity is debatable. 

1 hour ago, WestEddy said:

It's worrying how long Chicago is waiting on Cease. That makes me think either they never really intended to trade him and are just fishing for a super lopsided deal and wasting everyone's time, or that there's a current bidding war for him and we will either get outbid or pay way too much. 

Kind of an odd post by the Orioles board person. Like, yeah, the bidding war taking time and then a team either getting outbid or paying too much is basically how trades work. And you're not even gonna consider that the hold up could be due to the rest of the SP marker moving slow?

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Snopek said:

Kind of an odd post by the Orioles board person. Like, yeah, the bidding war taking time and then a team either getting outbid or paying too much is basically how trades work. And you're not even gonna consider that the hold up could be due to the rest of the SP marker moving slow?

Is this that guy's first offseason? These things tend to go slowly and then all at once. Someone has to "set" the market usually and then there's a flurry of deals. Other times it doesn't go like this and a potential deal just simmers and simmers and simmers before getting done once the pressure of getting the roster set by late February arrives in late winter.

The offseason has just started. Nobody wants to rush a deal just for the sake of getting something done.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Snopek said:

They can hold on to their positional prospects.  thats fine.  They will also likely make first round exits for a while until they draft or acquire ToR pitching. This idea of we will give you junk and you will give us your cost controlled pitcher for a few years for free isnt going to work.  

24 minutes ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

just a guess?

Yes, I think the Dodgers are driving a big chunk of the SP market and it seems like with Ohtani locked up we’re starting to see a greater sense of urgency.  I’m not expecting a trade or anything today, but I believe we’ll start hearing more leaks & rumors as teams begin making more serious offers.

1 hour ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

I bet once Yamamoto signs, Cease rumors will pickup as I would think many teams would be scared to give what Snell is asking for

Yamamoto, Snell and Montgomery are highly likely to get enormous contracts in this market

Even the second and third tier of free agent SP is going to get paid handsomely

Sox just need to continue to be patient and let the dominos fall

If I am a club trying to win the World Series, Cease is extremely appealing for such reasonable money that allows us to spend elsewhere

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SoCalChiSox said:

I want to see BOS and SD getting name dropped more. 

Padres fit because they’re not going to make any more commitments longer than 2 or possibly three years into the future in all likelihood with ownership changes more than likely on the horizon.

But Preller has been burned so many times adding vets for youth that he’s going to be much more gunshy this time around.

New Boston GM has to do something big to establish his own identity and remain relevant in that division…

48 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Padres fit because they’re not going to make any more commitments longer than 2 or possibly three years into the future in all likelihood with ownership changes more than likely on the horizon.

But Preller has been burned so many times adding vets for youth that he’s going to be much more gunshy this time around.

New Boston GM has to do something big to establish his own identity and remain relevant in that division…

I want Roman Anthony as the headliner and either Rafaela or Teel as 2nd piece. 

• Heads22 changed the title to Cease To Padres per Passan
  • Heads22 locked and unlocked this topic
  • Heads22 pinned this topic
  • Heads22 unpinned this topic