Cease To Padres per Passan

Chicago White Sox

44 minutes ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

Yeah, if you're dealing with the Red Sox, their only headliner is Anthony imo. Anthony and Teel would be really nice.

Imo that would be great and you can layer trade Quero for pitching or 2B or whatever else we need. 

Cease is 40 SV....the other two combined are around 57-58 I think but in this market it's a reasonable ask....we could throw in something, I dunno what they want or need...im not going to say Santos as I don't want Lip Man to jump down my throat.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

Yeah, if you're dealing with the Red Sox, their only headliner is Anthony imo. Anthony and Teel would be really nice.

In any deal. I want a quality SP in first or 2nd pick. I like Teel as a 2nd but then I want a pitcher as the headliner.  Having said that, not sure Boston has a SP headliner. 

53 minutes ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

Would love to see SD and BOS involved in the Cease bidding 

Either could create a nice package 

24 minutes ago, SoCalChiSox said:

Imo that would be great and you can layer trade Quero for pitching or 2B or whatever else we need. 

Cease is 40 SV....the other two combined are around 57-58 I think but in this market it's a reasonable ask....we could throw in something, I dunno what they want or need...im not going to say Santos as I don't want Lip Man to jump down my throat.

I think that $40M surplus value is too low.  IMO, he’s a 4 win pitcher and worst case scenario you’re looking at (8 x $9M) - $20M = $52M.  Throw in the strong possibility of a QO compensation pick when he leaves and the general scarcity of quality SP and I think you’re looking at $60M easily in expected surplus value.

8 minutes ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

I'm the opposite actually.  I want batters (all else being equal)

Yea, give me position players as well. Pitching everything else being equal, is just more prone to injury risk and sudden changes in true talent.

Try and build a decent core around Colson and whoever comes back in the Cease trade and figure out the pitching once that is hopefully accomplished.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I think that $40M surplus value is too low.  IMO, he’s a 4 win pitcher and worst case scenario you’re looking at (8 x $9M) - $20M = $52M.  Throw in the strong possibility of a QO compensation pick when he leaves and the general scarcity of quality SP and I think you’re looking at $60M easily in expected surplus value.

At 60m it's a fair straight up deal.

If Getz could get Anthony and Teel for Cease it would be a huge coup.

43 minutes ago, SCCWS said:

In any deal. I want a quality SP in first or 2nd pick. I like Teel as a 2nd but then I want a pitcher as the headliner.  Having said that, not sure Boston has a SP headliner. 

Yordanny Monegro RHP would be a must for me as a third or fourth piece in a Case to Boston deal 

He is coming off a terrific season 

Him and Perales are the best arms in the Red sox system 

13 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I also agree that the Baseball trade values website is low on Cease's surplus value in this environment. Often it greatly overestimates how valuable a prospect is vs. a proven MLB talent. So many prospects bust and deliver little, if any, value. Short of injury, you largely know that Cease will give you really solid 30+ starts for two seasons with #1/2 starter upside.

When Seth Lugo ate age 34 is getting 3/$45 million, Cease's age 28 and 29 seasons for 2/$25 million plus potential qualifying offer compensation is a steal

Yamamoto/Snell/Montgomery are all going to cash in on massive deals

I laugh when I see Orioles fans thinking Joey Ortiz and Cade Povich can headline a deal

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, SoCalChiSox said:

I know they aren't going to deal Robert but if we went all in we could get a haul from BOS for Robert and Cease.  

SP Bello

RF Anthony

CF Rafaela

C Teel

2B Yorke

The only team that could afford Robert are the Orioles.  And that would mean them trading Holiday

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, SoCalChiSox said:

I know they aren't going to deal Robert but if we went all in we could get a haul from BOS for Robert and Cease.  

SP Bello

RF Anthony

CF Rafaela

C Teel

2B Yorke

I would not accept that offer from Boston either

It is not realistic for Robert and Cease to be dealt in the same trade, I am not sure there is a farm in the MLB that would A) Have what the Sox would want and B) Be willing to absolutely gut their farm 

You essentially have to keep Robert for another season or two, no chance you could get fair value in return for four years of prime control. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Donny Lucy's Avocado Farm said:

I miss the days of Soxtalk when the 69-page threads were about players that the Sox were rumored to be acquiring and not 69-page threads about players the Sox were selling off. 

I hope they keep Cease to open the season unless they are blown away by an offer. There should be no desperation to sell unless the price is right.

This doesn’t seem to be a good offseason to sell a SP with a dozen or so pitchers still available in FA that teams don’t need to lose prospects to acquire. 

What hurts more is the death of the Padres owner which ends their spending ways, and the Mets scaling back as well, limiting aggressive teams to just a few.

I’ve always thought there was a close to zero chance the Orioles would want Cease because their cheap ass owner would be concerned with paying $20M plus over the next two years, let alone giving up any prospects for him. They added dick at the trade deadline despite record profits last year and a solid fan attendance. Just a disgraceful franchise, worse than the Sox IMO.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Donny Lucy's Avocado Farm said:

I miss the days of Soxtalk when the 69-page threads were about players that the Sox were rumored to be acquiring and not 69-page threads about players the Sox were selling off. 

Look where it got us....

• Heads22 changed the title to Cease To Padres per Passan
  • Heads22 locked and unlocked this topic
  • Heads22 pinned this topic
  • Heads22 unpinned this topic