Cease To Padres per Passan

Chicago White Sox

14 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Just wanted to update you guys…that guy Husker fan is saying that the Os told him they wouldn’t include him in a deal for Cease but apparently he has heard that the Os are talking to a different team and that Cease could be in that deal…he said it’s a team that has been one of the best organizations in the sport for a while, which makes me think Houston and Valdez but who knows.

Anyway, just wanted to tell you guys. Again, we have zero idea if the guy is credible or not. He likely has some ties to Povich but not sure how much past that it gets.

I read that guys post and I am confused.

He's saying the team told Povich he won't be traded but Chicago is insisting on Povich being included.

Then he talks about another trade which I agree sounds like HOU. 

IMO, this is stupid. If they've agreed on the top two pieces, and if we are insisting on a particular third piece thats kind of what i infer from that, I find it hard to believe that BAL is going to say no to a third piece just because they told a kid he wouldn't be moved. 

I'm glad we are insisting on Povich as the 3rd piece tho. They need to show JR more pitching in order to justify the top pieces being positional. 

1 minute ago, SoCalChiSox said:

He's saying the team told Povich he won't be traded but Chicago is insisting on Povich being included.

IMO, this is stupid. If they've agreed on the top two pieces, and if we are insisting on a particular third piece thats kind of what i infer from that, I find it hard to believe that BAL is going to say no to a third piece just because they told a kid he wouldn't be moved. 

I'm glad we are insisting on Povich as the 3rd piece tho. They need to show JR more pitching in order to justify the top pieces being positional. 

I’m pretty sure he meant to say…

While Povich would not be included in a trade for Cease, he could be included in a trade to Houston for Valdez.

1 hour ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

I still don't understand how we have not heard rumors regarding the Yankees yet.  They need a guy like Cease.  cheap and effective with TOR potential.

Did you hear any rumors about Bummer and Atlanta? I’m sure the Yankees, Red Sox, and multiple others are talking to Getz about Cease. 

Edited by Rey21

2 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

While Povich would not be included in a trade for Cease, he could be included in a trade to Houston for Valdez.

Yea that’s how I’m reading it too.

He is saying he will be the one eating crow (going Back to him saying he wouldn’t be dealt) but he wasn’t clear about that at first and going back to his previous over the top posts, everyone would have felt he was saying that about the board, not him.

1 minute ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

But that makes zero sense. That dude is saying you guys will eat crow because I told you Povich won't be moved, except that he might be to HOU but not CWS?

I thought he wasn't getting moved regardless what happened?

Did the Astros agree to throw in a gas card from Occidental Petroleum so Elias could drive to work for free and now he's willing to break his word to this kid?

This is all bullshit.

If he's willing to move him to HOU he's willing to move him to CWS. 

8 minutes ago, SoCalChiSox said:

I would find it very shocking for a team to proactively tell a prospect that they won’t be traded.  If this dude is making that claim, then I’d say his credibility is highly in question.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

The Os have no pitching?  Huh? Bradish was 4th in CY voting last year. Rodriguez was one of the better pitchers in baseball after the AS break and was the best pitching prospect in the sport. We will see how Means bounces back but he has been solid in his career. Kremer is a very solid back end starter.  The BP was one of the best in the game and they have some prospects that could come up and help soon.

The board we post on has enjoyed reading this site. The people here are cordial and there is good, intelligent baseball conversation….and then you came in and changed that.

Nah I didn't change that, its just how it is. The majority of people on this board can barely get along with each other, now we got some Orioles fans in here to let us know what our players should be worth and how great their prospects are.

Im not interested in arguing with you about it because it will never lead to anything. I have my opinions and you have yours, nothing will change that unless Cease does get traded to the Orioles and then we can say "See I told ya so".

Nothing personal against you, but both major sports teams message boards I frequent its always the same s%*# when fans from other teams come in to try and engage in discussions.

• Like 3
  • Fire 1

3 minutes ago, T R U said:

Nah I didn't change that, its just how it is. The majority of people on this board can barely get along with each other, now we got some Orioles fans in here to let us know what our players should be worth and how great their prospects are.

Im not interested in arguing with you about it because it will never lead to anything. I have my opinions and you have yours, nothing will change that unless Cease does get traded to the Orioles and then we can say "See I told ya so".

Nothing personal against you, but both major sports teams message boards I frequent its always the same s%*# when fans from other teams come in to try and engage in discussions.

No one ever thinks their team’s best players might regress and/or that their prospects won’t pan out.  It happened to us from 19-21, and I see a lot of similarities with what the Orioles fans are saying.  I like the Orioles team and hope they perform well, but the AL East is only going to keep getting better.

• Like 2

So the O's are going to their minor leaguers and telling them what deals they are and are not going to be involved in.  Ummm.....ok.

Speaking of Houston, if Elias is running his rebuild like the Astros did they made their big pitcher acquisition (Gerrit Cole) going into year four of their window.  Year four of the O's window will be next off season.  

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I would find it very shocking for a team to proactively tell a prospect that they won’t be traded.  If this dude is making that claim, then I’d say his credibility is highly in question.

This was my reaction as well.  Nor would he be learning the details of a potential trade.  So, I’m skeptical, though interested in what this guy is saying.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

For funsies

CHW receives - Cowser, Ortiz and Beavers

HOU receives - Cease, +

BAL receives - Valdez

If Beavers is the third piece, I prefer Hjerstad as the first piece. There's less of a problem in Hjerstad ending up a bat first 1B if you're still getting a "real" OF in the deal.

But if Cowser was the lead piece, Povich makes more sense as 3rd piece.

16 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

The Os aren’t trading Cowser/Kjerstad AND Beavers.

They have too many guys coming off the books the next 1-2 years and a lot of are OFers.

Agree.  I think Mac Horvath would theoretically make more sense for both sides given 3B seems to be pretty accounted for you guys.  And he’s a guy who could transition to the OF if given the time in our system.

Edited by Chicago White Sox

52 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

So the O's are going to their minor leaguers and telling them what deals they are and are not going to be involved in.  Ummm.....ok.

Speaking of Houston, if Elias is running his rebuild like the Astros did they made their big pitcher acquisition (Gerrit Cole) going into year four of their window.  Year four of the O's window will be next off season.  

Well Verlander at the deadline prior. I have never believed they were in a hurry (also they had a bit more found money in their rotation than orioles have)

54 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Total waste of that arm…might as well trade him to us so he can fully live up to his potential.

I don’t know where he’ll end up, but it looks like his bat will play no matter where we put him.  I don’t really care if his arm is wasted at 1B if that’s the best defensive alignment for the O’s, which it may be.  

• Heads22 changed the title to Cease To Padres per Passan
  • Heads22 locked and unlocked this topic
  • Heads22 pinned this topic
  • Heads22 unpinned this topic