Cease To Padres per Passan

Chicago White Sox

32 minutes ago, Baron said:

Maybe I'm the only one but I have no problem with what Getz is doing.

First there's definitely an epidemic of non aggressive GMs in major league baseball. Even the aggressive ones *cough cough* Atlanta are making very minimally impactful moves. Maybe they can't meet the sales price for Cease. So what? Who's fault is that? We have the market cornered with the best asset available with 2 years in his contract. If these teams want to trade for Chris Sale with his arm about to fall off all the power to them. They'll have to answer to their owners why they got bounced out of the playoffs in the first round. Keep the asking price high because the prices for non impactful pitchers is high too. Let them make the mistakes and wait for the desperation to set it. May take it to the trade deadline. 

Yep...Gio getting almost 20 million for 2 years say all you need to know about Cease and his value.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, poppysox said:

Does anyone know if Cowser has a right fielder's arm.  I know his range is good since he is primarily a Center Fielder.

Statcast has him at a tick under 92nd percentile among outfielders who made at least 50 throws. He touched 99 m.p.h. on his hardest throw last year.

Getz is going to screw this up.   Every team is going to find a starter and we will be left with Cease on. 95+ loss team.   

4 hours ago, Timmy U said:

I think he has a shot to be Boston's starting 2b. At the very least, they'll move him between IF and OF to replace k*** Hernandez.

14 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

There’s no way Getz wants a 29 year old starter who is already arbitration eligible, or a headlining 2B prospect with a questionable glove, as the top return in a Cease trade.

I’m not disagreeing with you, but as a factual matter, Wells is not arbitration eligible.  He’s been a very good pitcher for the O’s but seems to develop arm fatigue in the second half every year.   That’s why he can’t really be a headliner at this point, but he could be a steal as an additional piece. 

4 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I’m not disagreeing with you, but as a factual matter, Wells is not arbitration eligible.  He’s been a very good pitcher for the O’s but seems to develop arm fatigue in the second half every year.   That’s why he can’t really be a headliner at this point, but he could be a steal as an additional piece. 

Why would the White Sox possibly want Wells?

Just like the Bummer trade...the Orioles will push back guys on the bottom 10 of the big league roster they don't want to pay full freight.

Would rather have Santander or Mullins to flip and/or solidify outfield defense compared to Sheets...if they have already given upon on Colas.

Not that anyone cares that a single fan is done with the White Sox but I am. A kid who sat in the upper deck in old comiskey wondering if Ivan Calderon could hit one up there. A kid who got to leave grade school early to see the first game at new comiskey! Who cherished his big hurt autographed card/ball he got at Sox fest. A kid who got to play on the field with other little leaguers!

Who was bummed when the blue jays knocked them out of the playoffs. Who sat in the RF bleachers during the all star when Loaiza started. A college student who couldn’t watch the games but frustratingly followed them get beat by Minnesota late in the year in the early 2000s. Young adult who cherished my favorite team of all time, the 05 white Sox win the WS! An adult who emailed Rick Hahn before the “mired in mediocrity” press conference saying they were mired in mediocrity (coincidence?). An adult who has followed along the last decade but has lost interest due to Jerry’s incompetence and apathy.

Again nobody cares when a single fan loses interest for good, but sayonara! You all are fun fans who are devoted and knowledgeable. I just can’t do it.

• Like 3
  • Fire 1

• Heads22 changed the title to Cease To Padres per Passan
  • Heads22 locked and unlocked this topic
  • Heads22 pinned this topic
  • Heads22 unpinned this topic