Cease To Padres per Passan

Chicago White Sox

3 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

Hard Pass

Not interested in acquiring...Mateo's strictly a utility player, a better version of Leury.

Mullins has been all over the board, at times looking like an MVP caliber player and at others like he will never stay healthy enough or consistent enough to hold down a role.

Basically the O's version of Jazz Chisholm.  

Of course, they only have control over him for arbitration years 2/3, which is precisely when the Rays would be parting ways (exception here might be Arozarena, who's too central to their team's identity.)

4 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Not interested in acquiring...Mateo's strictly a utility player, a better version of Leury.

Mullins has been all over the board, at times looking like an MVP caliber player and at others like he will never stay healthy enough or consistent enough to hold down a role.

Agree on Mateo but not Mullins.  I don’t want to spend much time on it because there’s no way we’re trading him this offseason.  But he’s been very healthy the last couple of years before this one and has been worth 5.9, 3.8 and 2.8 rWAR (in 116 games this year).   He’s a very good player and fun to watch.  And O’s fans will watch him this year and be happy about it.  

25 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Hate to tell you this: I’m old.  Old enough to experience the Orioles winning the Series three times.  Old enough to have watched the Baltimore Colts win the Super Bowl.  And I went to Duke BEFORE Coach K was there and I’ve seen them win 5 NCAA championships.  So, I do know exactly what it’s like.  And I’m telling you, I’d rather have been a Rays fan over the last 16 years than a Royals fan, even though the Royals won a WS once in that time and Tampa has fallen short repeatedly.  Because the Royals have had way too many seasons in that stretch where they’ve been utterly irrelevant, and that’s the worst feeling there is.   

Like I said, I know not all fans feel that way.  But I do.  The baseball season lasts six months and I want to enjoy that half a year every year more than I want one trophy.  

To each their own

6 hours ago, Quin said:

@bmags will appreciate the approach I'm taking with building these packages

Just imagine if Theo changes extra innings to being decided by what team can reach the highest shelf

14 minutes ago, YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! said:

Rosenthal mentioned the Yankees, Orioles, Red Sox, Cardinals, and Dodgers as potential options.

Yep....he also mentioned we are staying "open minded" on the composition of the return and it doesnt necessarily have to be pitching heavy. That was encouraging to read. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, SoCalChiSox said:

Yep....he also mentioned we are staying "open minded" on the composition of the return and it doesnt necessarily have to be pitching heavy. That was encouraging to read. 

Absolutely amazing news.  There is still hope for a savage yet.

• Love 3

13 minutes ago, SoCalChiSox said:

Music to my ears if true.  

27 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Absolutely amazing news.  There is still hope for a savage yet.

Definitely.  I hope it’s true because it will likely ensure that Getz gets the best offer of prospects rather than say trying to get the best pitching-heavy offer from a team that may not have the best pitching prospects over bats.

As far as the Cardinals go, am I nuts to think that their top prospects don’t look very appealing and/or are too far from the majors?

Edited by WhiteSox2023
  • Like 1

The Dodgers absolutely have a big move left, if not 2-3 moves.  Plenty of near-ready prospects they can give up.  They’re a team that has always made sense for Cease, as reliability is something they lack for this year’s rotation.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, fathom said:

Also, another lucky guess by James and Harold about the Yankees interest

If you're going to give credit for when Rosenthal and Harold both say the same thing , does Harold mentioning the Mets and Rosenthal saying the full list of suitors is unknown while not mentioning the Mets mean Harold knows more than Rosenthal about it ?

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

6 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

That Rosenthal article should make everyone here feel much better and Orioles fans feel very nervous.

Not at all.

In fact, the confirmation that pitching doesn’t have to come back brings me more optimism.

Edited by Sports Guy
  • Paper Bag 1

• Heads22 changed the title to Cease To Padres per Passan
  • Heads22 locked and unlocked this topic
  • Heads22 pinned this topic
  • Heads22 unpinned this topic