Cease To Padres per Passan

Chicago White Sox

3 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

It really lacks any sense of reality.

Wow, dude needs to stop boozing late at night while playing his Xbox.  Meanwhile, these same educated fans are ripping every Cease trade offer that is discussed here over on their board.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ron883 said:

@Rolle Tide's trade idea on the O's board

Orioles get Cease and Robert 

Padres get Hays/Mullins, Mountcastle, Urias, and Baumann

White Sox …. Cowser, Ortiz, Snelling/Lesko, Zavala, Bradfield Jr., Thorpe, Norby. 

If you took Mullins out of it...they wouldn't even assume the contracts on Hays Mountcastle and Urias if you gave them away with no talent leaving SD.

Zero need for Urias.

The other guys you could find a 1B DH corner guy on the FA market...and/or trade without giving up a single Top 6 prospect in the Padres' system.

They would much rather have Mateo for PR and defense.  That would embarrass Preller because he used to be SD property.

Edited by caulfield12

Orioles predicted for three of next World Series....

https://www.mlb.com/news/predicting-world-series-winners-through-2033

This can't possibly backfire.

"Chicago's reported demand is high. ESPN's Jesse Rogers wrote Wednesday that the club is looking for multiple high-end prospects and some "fill-ins" in return. Rogers listed the Yankees, Cubs and Reds as three teams that could pry Cease away from the Windy City, and Rosenthal included the Red Sox, Giants and Rangers among the clubs most in need of starting pitching."

Edited by caulfield12

Cease Robert Kopech Santos for ... Mullins (flipped eventually) Mayo Basallo Kjerstad Westburg and two best O's minor league pitchers.

Orioles become immediate World Series favorites.

White Sox mitigate risk of Cease/Robert blowing up before they can be traded...especially Cease with a potential second TJ and with just two years remaining on his deal.

This might be one case where they can open up more O's prospects than they could with one alone...90 times out of 100 you would prefer to trade Robert and Cease individually.

Or you can substitute Holliday for Mayo Basallo and KJERSTAD.

Personally, I do think it would be safer to take those three guys over one Holliday...there would be just as many if not more scouts arguing the value of seven years of one Holliday vs. the much higher bust potential of the 

Santos provides needed insurance for Kimbrel.

Edited by caulfield12
  • Paper Bag 1

8 hours ago, ron883 said:

@Rolle Tide's trade idea on the O's board

Orioles get Cease and Robert 

Padres get Hays/Mullins, Mountcastle, Urias, and Baumann

White Sox …. Cowser, Ortiz, Snelling/Lesko, Zavala, Bradfield Jr., Thorpe, Norby. 

So the only significant prospect the O’s give up is Cowser and get Cease and Robert 😂 

Edited by Bob Sacamano
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

So the only significant prospect the O’s give up is Cowser and get Cease and Robert 😂 

Yeah if they don't want to give up Mayo for Cease, they don't want to start the Cease-Robert talks.

• Thanks 2
  • Fire 1

38 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Cease Robert Kopech Santos for ... Mullins (flipped eventually) Mayo Basallo Kjerstad Westburg and two best O's minor league pitchers.

Orioles become immediate World Series favorites.

White Sox mitigate risk of Cease/Robert blowing up before they can be traded...especially Cease with a potential second TJ and with just two years remaining on his deal.

This might be one case where they can open up more O's prospects than they could with one alone...90 times out of 100 you would prefer to trade Robert and Cease individually.

Or you can substitute Holliday for Mayo Basallo and KJERSTAD.

Personally, I do think it would be safer to take those three guys over one Holliday...there would be just as many if not more scouts arguing the value of seven years of one Holliday vs. the much higher bust potential of the 

Santos provides needed insurance for Kimbrel.

That's an easy no for me.

47 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

I’m sure the Padres don’t mind trading a bunch of top prospects to get the Orioles’ sloppy seconds and help them land two stars in the deal!

Final offer to the O’s for me would be Kjerstad, Westburg, & Baumeister.  The O’s keep their top three studs, future stars Ortiz & Norby to solve 2B, and all their advanced pitching prospects.  Sox address RF & 2B immediately and get an arm with mid rotation ceiling.  Win win for both sides.  Go seal the deal Getz!

35 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Final offer to the O’s for me would be Kjerstad, Westburg, & Baumeister.  The O’s keep their top three studs, future stars Ortiz & Norby to solve 2B, and all their advanced pitching prospects.  Sox address RF & 2B immediately and get an arm with mid rotation ceiling.  Win win for both sides.  Go seal the deal Getz!

I wonder if Getz agrees but is dragging it out to see if he can get more. I guess we will see.

51 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

If that's there final offer (which it's fine), I would hold out to see if New York puts in an offer with Jones, Hampton and a Lombard/Arias type guy.

Edited by Squirmin' for Yermin
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Baumeister or Baumann?

What are the chances that the Sox have a deal offered to them that they would accept, but are waiting on Snell and Montgomery to see if there is a desperation offer from a team out there before accepting?

Not saying they have an agreement with a team, but where they can, for example, call the Orioles or Yankees and say "we accept the offer of (insert offer here) from our previous discussions."

Because right now, with Cease, they have:

Cease

Fedde

Kopech

Soroka

Flexen

Touki (decent in limited time here, DFA candidate I guess)

Scholtens (decent last year in limited time, also DFA candidate when more space is needed I guess due to age and wanting younger options)

Shuster (has options so good depth to go back and forth between MLB and MiLB)

Woodford (MiLB deal)

Kuhl (MiLB deal)

And then guys whos should be slated to start in Charlotte where the guys above don't really have enough room to also make starts (but I guess can pitch in relief):

Eder

Mena

Nastrini

Burke

Thompson

It's a lot of options for innings. Just not good options haha

Edited by Bob Sacamano

1 hour ago, Bob Sacamano said:

I wish. Getting tired of talking about the same thing for days, weeks and now months.

The offseason has been boring AF and I'm very ready for actual big league baseball to start happening... Feb 13 can't get here soon enough...

5 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

"Chicago's reported demand is high. ESPN's Jesse Rogers wrote Wednesday that the club is looking for multiple high-end prospects and some "fill-ins" in return. Rogers listed the Yankees, Cubs and Reds as three teams that could pry Cease away from the Windy City, and Rosenthal included the Red Sox, Giants and Rangers among the clubs most in need of starting pitching."

Just thought I'd highlight that without context.

• Heads22 changed the title to Cease To Padres per Passan
  • Heads22 locked and unlocked this topic
  • Heads22 pinned this topic
  • Heads22 unpinned this topic