Cease To Padres per Passan

Chicago White Sox

26 minutes ago, DirtySox said:

I wonder why we aren't seeing Bradfield's name in any proposals. Seems like an ideal target in a trade package.

I’d love him. I just think he’s too much for a third piece and not enough for a 2nd piece.

maybe a “quantity offer” of westburg, bradfield, beavers and horvath would work.

if they don’t wanna deal one of the OF.

5 hours ago, WestEddy said:

No, I guess the "not being honest" and "give me some of what you're smoking" comments just rubbed me the wrong way. 

And I don't even consider recognizing that 2024 could contain more wins than 2023 to be all that positive. My point is that NOT being negative gets one jumped on. 

Lots of stuff gets you jumped on, LOL. Balta is the king of being jumped on . I've had my fair share too but I get proved right often enough that it doesn't phase me much . There isn't any right or wrong in how optimistic or pessimistic one can feel when it comes to your favorite sports team.

Hey if someone says they want some of what you're smoking look at it this way. They want to be optimistic too and if what you're smoking can do it  , they will take that high to feel good.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

You guys wanted a first baseman for Cease? 

I’ve said all along I want the best players, regardless of position or righty/lefty.  They have so many holes, I don’t think anyone is actually blocked (since we don’t know where Montgomery will play).

5 hours ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Well, we know that the owner in this case is neutering his GM.  Hahn was obviously not the best GM but it was also obvious he wanted to do more than Jerry let him.

I think that makes him an even worse GM than many thought. He was with the Sox for how many years? And he still couldn't operate within Jerry's budget or rules or whatever you want to call it. I hate how Getz was handed the position, but I am hopeful that he at least can operate within the restrictions Jerry imposes. We really won't know for at least another year or so though because this roster is largely still the leftovers from Hahn and KW.

3 hours ago, fathom said:

I’ve said all along I want the best players, regardless of position or righty/lefty.  They have so many holes, I don’t think anyone is actually blocked (since we don’t know where Montgomery will play).

But now you are sweating a 1B/DH that went to  the Cubs for much less then Cease?

If Busch doesn’t hit for the Cubs in the majors almost immediately, he’s done.  He can’t play defense.

How does Busch have anything to do with Colson Montgomery playing either SS or 3B?  Busch couldn’t play either of those positions.

But regardless of this reasoning, Busch is the guy you wanted in return for Cease, when the Sox aren’t going to be ready to compete for anything in the next couple years at the very least?

Edited by WhiteSox2023

2 hours ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

But now you are sweating a 1B/DH that went to  the Cubs for much less then Cease?

If Busch doesn’t hit for the Cubs in the majors almost immediately, he’s done.  He can’t play defense.

How does Busch have anything to do with Colson Montgomery playing either SS or 3B?  Busch couldn’t play either of those positions.

But regardless of this reasoning, Busch is the guy you wanted in return for Cease, when the Sox aren’t going to be ready to compete for anything in the next couple years at the very least?

They simply need a cheap/young DH/1B who can hit better than Jimenez and Sheets, .850-.900 and ideally non platoon or at least LH…that seems relatively simple.

But he should never be the key piece to any trade, for Cease and certainly not Robert.

Always better to start from the middle of the diamond and push out rather than starting with corners in mind.

3 hours ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

No, I said Busch and someone like Sheehan or Stone and another prospect instead of settling for a lesser package from the Orioles, if they refuse to give up their guys.

10 hours ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

I think Cease is the Opening Day starter before Getz takes a light return. 

Are you predicting light return based on your projection of how he'll look, or the front office not get fair market value, or a combination of both? 

7 hours ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Balta is the king of being jumped on . 

The real King of getting jumped on enters room. 

And don't tell have vapes up north? Smoking? That's like from the I don't care about stats I just want to see the guy era. 

38 minutes ago, fathom said:

No, I said Busch and someone like Sheehan or Stone and another prospect instead of settling for a lesser package from the Orioles, if they refuse to give up their guys.

The Dodgers weren't willing to add a high end pitcher along with Busch.  Maybe now that Busch is off the table they can offer something that looks a little different.  

4 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

The Dodgers weren't willing to add a high end pitcher along with Busch.  Maybe now that Busch is off the table they can offer something that looks a little different.  

Is it speculation or are the Dodgers actually still in the mix?

50 minutes ago, Texsox said:

Are you predicting light return based on your projection of how he'll look, or the front office not get fair market value, or a combination of both? 

I think you misread. 

he’s saying it’s more likely cease sticks around and starts the season with the team than it is he takes a light return. 

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Pale Sox said:

I think you misread. 

he’s saying it’s more likely cease sticks around and starts the season with the team than it is he takes a light return. 

Thank you. I have a MA in reading s%*# and totally misread the post. Lol 

I took it to mean a mid season trade for less than the blockbuster were hoping for. 

I for one am happy the Sox didn’t trade for Michael Busch. Would have been a very underwhelming primary offensive piece. I’d prefer both of Bradfield / Beavers honestly. While I wouldn’t love a quantity deal for Cease but Westburg + Beavers + Bradfield + a pitcher would be interesting and could age really well. But certainly not ready to pull the trigger on something like that. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Yeah, he was actually good.  It’s too bad the trade return for him looks so bad now.  They couldn’t even trust Korey Lee to be a backup catcher apparently.

8 holds and 4 blown saves is a low bar for your rating of good.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

Now that Busch is Ferris, perhaps the Dodgers can offer a different Busch  and Ferris.

I also wouldn't mind an old-fashioned baseball trade; Boston comes to mind.  Not overly confident that the Sox can ever build this thing from the ground up (lack of infrastructure, international investment, etc.)

Edited by GreenSox

1 hour ago, ChiSox59 said:

I for one am happy the Sox didn’t trade for Michael Busch. Would have been a very underwhelming primary offensive piece. I’d prefer both of Bradfield / Beavers honestly. While I wouldn’t love a quantity deal for Cease but Westburg + Beavers + Bradfield + a pitcher would be interesting and could age really well. But certainly not ready to pull the trigger on something like that. 

I'm with you. Even if it's a lesser quality hitter, if he add defense it's a better acquisition. 

• Heads22 changed the title to Cease To Padres per Passan
  • Heads22 locked and unlocked this topic
  • Heads22 pinned this topic
  • Heads22 unpinned this topic