Cease To Padres per Passan

Chicago White Sox

1 minute ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

I’m surprised @Sports Guyor @Rolle Tide haven’t opined on the BP top 101 list just released Re: Nicky Ortiz. They had a lot to say about him a couple weeks ago and more recently were laughing on their message board at the idea that Ortiz had fallen out of the top 100. 🤔 

Nah, they’re busy saying how delusional we all are on their site 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

I’m surprised @Sports Guyor @Rolle Tide haven’t opined on the BP top 101 list just released Re: Nicky Ortiz. They had a lot to say about him a couple weeks ago and more recently were laughing on their message board at the idea that Ortiz had fallen out of the top 100. 🤔 

At this point, Joey Madrigal would have to be the THIRD piece in a BAL deal...

3 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Do you expect Mr. Four-Run-Save to admit he was wrong?

• Haha 4
  • Fire 1

1 minute ago, fathom said:

The irony is next offseason after they win less than 88 games in 2024, miss the playoffs, AND fall out of the top 5 farm system rankings (aka follow the White Sox recent rebuild path).

• Haha 1

I never saw the O's and Sox matching up on a trade and I still don't.  The Sox want two high impact players and the O's want to deal from their mid-tier depth and I don't see either budging from those positions.  The Sox best options are the Yankees or Dodgers and if neither of them step up now (i think one will) the Sox will wait until the deadline.  Getz has drawn a line in the sand and he's not going to take what he considers a light return.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

I never saw the O's and Sox matching up on a trade and I still don't.  The Sox want two high impact players and the O's want to deal from their mid-tier depth and I don't see either budging from those positions.  The Sox best options are the Yankees or Dodgers and if neither of them step up now (i think one will) the Sox will wait until the deadline.  Getz has drawn a line in the sand and he's not going to take what he considers a light return.  

Good.

The Dodgers don't really match up well anymore, so we need to focus on NYY. 

6 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

Good. I've always been on the side of holding him until the deadline if we don't get strong offers.  I'm a risk taker

• Fire 1

Just now, bmags said:

Negotiating with a single bidder, that'll go well.

I'm not saying negotiate only with them, I'm saying that's the prime target and use the others as stalking horses unless someone out of left field gets desperate (STL, SFG, SD, BOS?)

17 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

The irony is next offseason after they win less than 88 games in 2024, miss the playoffs, AND fall out of the top 5 farm system rankings (aka follow the White Sox recent rebuild path).

Rosenthal even said someone from the Orioles told him that if they don’t get Cease now, they probably won’t win a bidding war at the deadline for him.

15 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

I'd bet on him being here on opening day if this is true. I don't think they're getting two high impact guys from anyone. Getz might have overplayed this unfortunately. He could get it at the deadline if everything goes right but that's not a risk I feel good taking. 

Why have the DBacks stopped coming up this offseason?  They could still use Cease.  Coming a WS appearance.  Was talk about them being wiling to include Lawler last deadline. They have other interesting prospects.  

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

I'd bet on him being here on opening day if this is true. I don't think they're getting two high impact guys from anyone. Getz might have overplayed this unfortunately. He could get it at the deadline if everything goes right but that's not a risk I feel good taking. 

We'll see how the rest of the off season plays out but things can get a little dicey for both especially if Snell ends up on a rival.  Another 4th place season for the Yanks and Cashman won't have to worry about trading away Jones because he will be out of a job.  

Just now, Harold's Leg Lift said:

We'll see how the rest of the off season plays out but things can get a little dicey for both especially if Snell ends up on a rival.  Another 4th place season for the Yanks and Cashman won't have to worry about trading away Jones because he will be out of a job.  

Jones is the key to everything, IMO.

Steinbrenner would rather move Jones than pay Snell 200+ million, IMO and they can save face by saying there's "no room" for him in the OF with Judge, Dominguez and Soto there (and they can say they "intend" on keeping Soto after the season).

BTW, where was Jones and Hampton in the BP newly released Top 100?

If one guy is in the 50s and the other guy is towards the backend, this is not an unreasonable ask at all.

9 minutes ago, SoCalChiSox said:

Jones is the key to everything, IMO.

Steinbrenner would rather move Jones than pay Snell 200+ million, IMO and they can save face by saying there's "no room" for him in the OF with Judge, Dominguez and Soto there (and they can say they "intend" on keeping Soto after the season).

BTW, where was Jones and Hampton in the BP newly released Top 100?

If one guy is in the 50s and the other guy is towards the backend, this is not an unreasonable ask at all.

Jones top 40, Hampton top 60. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

I don't think that's overplaying it, I think that's exactly what he should have done - set a high price but recognize he has control and a pitcher that is pretty reliable on health, so he can wait unless some team gets desperate. But also recognize that most teams are unlikely to make desperation moves at this point.

1 hour ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

I’m surprised @Sports Guyor @Rolle Tide haven’t opined on the BP top 101 list just released, Joey Ortiz. They had a lot to say about him a couple weeks ago and more recently were laughing on their message board at the idea that Ortiz had fallen out of the top 100. 🤔 

I don’t personally subscribe to BP or BA. Was Joey Ortiz in their previous top 101. I’m waiting to see MLBs updated list. 

• TLR 1

29 minutes ago, Nardiwashere said:

Haha... How many times did we hear "Elias doesn't have to add a third player to the deal because no other interested team has a prospect ranked as highly as Cowser or Kjersted"

We trade Cease to ourselves for Montgomery and Schultz.

It's like the Mewtwo cloning glitch in Pokemon Blue.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

• Heads22 changed the title to Cease To Padres per Passan
  • Heads22 locked and unlocked this topic
  • Heads22 pinned this topic
  • Heads22 unpinned this topic