Cease To Padres per Passan

Chicago White Sox

The biggest problem with firing Grifol so soon is that their entire philosophy of promoting 2014-2015 Royals' Way with all the front office additions starts to collapse if they actually have to admit Pedro is absolutely the wrong choice for the organization...especially the "building a winning culture" aspect.

Just like never admitting publicly they're in a rebuild.  It's idiotic...to insult your fans with these spring training lineups day after day and continue to hem and haw about "retooling."

Edited by caulfield12
  • Thanks 1
  • Paper Bag 1

2 hours ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

Jack Brickhouse? The….. Cubs? It’s the Cubs, isn’t it?!

Just like Harry Caray, Jack Brickhouse was the primary White Sox announcer, including for the 1959 American League Pennant tean,

https://chicagobaseballmuseum.org/brickhouse-soxs-best-friend-20-years-tv-beyond/

“A lot of Sox fans of a certain generation feel that Jack was simply just another shill-announcer for the Cubs because they actually never heard him broadcast a White Sox game,” said Sox historian Mark Liptak, a contributor to the Chicago Baseball Museum.

12 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Just like never admitting publicly they're in a rebuild.  It's idiotic...to insult your fans with these spring training lineups day after day and continue to hem and haw about "retooling."

I don't feel insulted. I know what's going on, and don't need an old baseball man to tell me what I already know. 

3 hours ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

The strategy is so pathetically obvious, I can’t believe people beg these supposed “insiders” for any morsel of news that they more than likely don’t have.  They throw out some short vague bullshit that will only ever make them look like they have sources but it never includes enough details that they will ever be truly wrong.

I'm still wondering how all of then literally still have "inside info" even though pretty much the entire front office has been purged. Are they mice who live on the walls of the Sox offices or is it JR or Brooks Boyer who are the leakers.

Thinking now, probably Brooks. He was awfully chummy with fans early in his tenure and probably made a few friends along the way.

Edited by Southwest Sider
  • TLR 1

Yankees fans are delusional on what Cease would cost.  One dude on Pinstripe Alley said he wouldn’t give up any of their top 10 prospects, but would consider anyone else in the farm.  May need to go recruit some friendly New Yorkers to get some real discussion going here.

3 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Yankees fans are delusional on what Cease would cost.  One dude on Pinstripe Alley said he wouldn’t give up any of their top 10 prospects, but would consider anyone else in the farm.  May need to go recruit some friendly New Yorkers to get some real discussion going here.

The Yankees sure do seem to think Spencer Jones will be the next Mantle / Judge so it doesn’t seem like they will give him up.  I think they would sign or trade for another starter before giving him up if Getz demands him.

2 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

The Yankees sure do seem to think Spencer Jones will be the next Mantle / Judge so it doesn’t seem like they will give him up.  I think they would sign or trade for another starter before giving him up if Getz demands him.

Especially since the heavy rumor is Soto will go to Mets after this year 

1 hour ago, caulfield12 said:

The biggest problem with firing Grifol so soon is that their entire philosophy of promoting 2014-2015 Royals' Way with all the front office additions starts to collapse if they actually have to admit Pedro is absolutely the wrong choice for the organization...especially the "building a winning culture" aspect.

Since when has this particular Sox organization cared if they insulted the fans or not?

• TLR 1

11 minutes ago, fathom said:

Rosenthal saying it’s the Rangers that are serious about getting him.  Would Duran, Leiter and Porter be enough?

Rosenthal is saying that’s what we are looking for.

Sounds like Getz may be lowering his demands some too and that the Padres are also in the mix alongside the Rangers & Yankees.

• Heads22 changed the title to Cease To Padres per Passan
  • Heads22 pinned this topic
  • Heads22 unpinned this topic