Cease To Padres per Passan

Chicago White Sox

The longer the Yankees remain quiet on Cole, the more I’m convinced they are trying to wrap up a deal for some sort of SP.  However, that could just as easily be for Snell though, just impossible to say without knowing how adverse Steinbrenner is adverse to paying more tax.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Baron said:

Maybe it's because I have PTSD but i'm waiting for the cold water tweet. 

Agreed, but the Sox discussing a deal with Lorenzen has to be a good sign. Only thing that really hurts if they trade him now rather mid-summer is my O63.5 wins bet haha

1 minute ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Agreed, but the Sox discussing a deal with Lorenzen has to be a good sign. Only thing that really hurts if they trade him now rather mid-summer is my O63.5 wins bet haha

Yes it is. Plus the fact that Getz was telling Cease about the rumors earlier in the day is a good sign too. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

I think the Yankees are still interested but Spencer Jones being included is an absolute no go for them.

They should go after Arias. I love the Yankees fit more than any other team. Multiple good packages.

• Like 1
  • Fire 1

5 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

The longer the Yankees remain quiet on Cole, the more I’m convinced they are trying to wrap up a deal for some sort of SP.  However, that could just as easily be for Snell though, just impossible to say without knowing how adverse Steinbrenner is adverse to paying more tax.

The curious angle to this IMO is that we have three Boras clients at play here, and the two FA have been linked to clubs supposedly hot after Cease. Makes me wonder if Boras a driving force behind some of the rumored interest. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Doubling the likely terrible Snell deal?

He won't do well in NYC.

40 minutes ago, fathom said:

I get the sense the Yankees interest was a leak to Bob to try and get the Rangers/Padres to budge.  It doesn’t sound like NY is interested.

Didn't they have a ton of scouts at his last start though? That doesn't seem to me like a team with no interest.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Baron said:

I’d prefer a cold water tweet than that garbage Tex proposal in Rosenthal’s article. Duran, Porter and Lieter is a tuuuurrrribbblllleee

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

I’d prefer a cold water tweet than that garbage Tex proposal in Rosenthal’s article. Duran, Porter and Lieter is a tuuuurrrribbblllleee

I would be floored if Getz played hardball all winter holding out and then trades Cease to Texas for a 25 year old utility player and two SP prospects with one of them being pretty underwhelming so far and turning 24 in a month.

I mean, that can't be real right. Feels like they could have made a deal like that months ago if that's what they wanted in return.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, fathom said:

I get the sense the Yankees interest was a leak to Bob to try and get the Rangers/Padres to budge.  It doesn’t sound like NY is interested.

The Yankees made an offer but it didn't include any of their high impact players.  For some reason they think they can acquire Cease with a collection of their low tier guys. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DirtySox said:

I hope the Sox get close with SD or the Yankees and Getz goes back to the Rangers with a "for Langford he's yours" last chance Hail Mary.

Other than that, yuck on a TEX package. 

This is where I am.  If we don't get Wolcott as a headliner, or like a 6 player deal loaded with 4 other top 10 players (non-Carter, Langford, Wolcott), I am not interested in a 3 player deal from TX.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

I love the idea of sending Cease to the Padres along with Eloy. What kind of package could you expect then?

I hope its the Padres, they have some really nice players in their system and it goes pretty deep too. That would be my ideal trade partner.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

This is where I am.  If we don't get Wolcott as a headliner, or like a 6 player deal loaded with 4 other top 10 players (non-Carter, Langford, Wolcott), I am not interested in a 3 player deal from TX.

Hello my opinion on dylan trade I have a feeling preller will strike again,he's perfect pitching at petco a pitchers park,we will thrieve there my gut feeling

1 hour ago, Baron said:

It would be an odd time to get a major deal done, but then again, you still have major free agents available and we are closing to opening day than we are pitchers and catchers reporting.

If it gets done, it needs to be a home run.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ChiSox59 said:

Yeah, unless it is like a 5-6 player deal loaded with some of their Latin signings in the back or something.  The headliners in this deal would be something not worthy of Cease.

15 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Wow, it's plausible? I mean, that's the kind of bold statement that really puts one's credibility on the line.

He lost all credibility when he said Ohtani was on a flight to Toronto and he wasn't.

• Heads22 changed the title to Cease To Padres per Passan
  • Heads22 pinned this topic
  • Heads22 unpinned this topic