Cease To Padres per Passan

Chicago White Sox

Morosi for the win.....

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2024/03/padres-finalizing-deal-for-dylan-cease.html

The Padres are finalizing a trade for White Sox’s staff ace Dylan Cease, reports Jeff Passan of ESPN (on X). The return isn’t clear. MLB.com’s Jon Morosi reported this morning that San Diego and Chicago had recently discussed Cease.

1 minute ago, Dick Allen said:

Wow. Pressure is on. If this trade flops, this team may be awful for a long, long time.

They might be awful for a long time even if this trade doesn't flop or if they don't make this trade.

• Like 1

It's a good system. Assuming you can't get Salas or their other untouchable guy (I forget), I'm actually okay with a volume approach here. Part of the Sox failure has always been to fail to understand the VOLUME of talent you need in a system to actually sustain a competitive window. Maybe that's something Getz sees and want to finally change.

1 minute ago, Eminor3rd said:

It's a good system. Assuming you can't get Salas or their other untouchable guy (I forget), I'm actually okay with a volume approach here. Part of the Sox failure has always been to fail to understand the VOLUME of talent you need in a system to actually sustain a competitive window. Maybe that's something Getz sees and want to finally change.

Yeah I’ve stopped paying attention to their prospects but is the SS they took a few years ago untouchable? Jackson Merrill or whatever

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hogan873 said:

Any guesses on the return?

I'm guessing Salas was untouchable, and Merrill looks like he might make the roster, so they kinda need him. I would think one of the top three pitchers HAS to be the headliner (Snelling, Thorpe, Lesko), and we could maybe dream that we got two of them.

• Like 1

• Heads22 unpinned this topic