Yoshinobu Yamamoto got $325 million 12 years from Dodgers (+posting fee)

Buehrle>Wood

2 hours ago, SoCalChiSox said:

BAL doesn't really have the ability to match the NYY move for move anyway. I wouldn't necessarily hate a NYM signing, it makes LAD more desperate because their staff is still garbage and is banking on the health of a porcelain doll. It also makes a number of other teams including NYY and BOS more desperate too. 

I really want BOS to be in on Cease. If we could pry two LHS from them it would be great.

Baltimore certainly doesn't have the same spending power, but with improved Yankees and Red Sox teams, the O's aren't waltzing to the AL East title again either. They need pitching, and they don't have places to play *all* of those prized prospects. Something has to give.

31 minutes ago, Whisox05 said:

From what I've seen he wants to be a Yankee it's just an issue of showing Cashman the other offers and seeing whether they will match or come close.

IMO Cohen will present a contract superior to Gerrit Cole's in an attempt to create an awkward situation for NYY where this new guy will have to be making more than their in house Cy Young winner and he's betting NYY won't go that far.

1 hour ago, SoCalChiSox said:

From what I've seen he wants to be a Yankee it's just an issue of showing Cashman the other offers and seeing whether they will match or come close.

IMO Cohen will present a contract superior to Gerrit Cole's in an attempt to create an awkward situation for NYY where this new guy will have to be making more than their in house Cy Young winner and he's betting NYY won't go that far.

I still say Dodgers. Doubt this guy will pass up playing with his old teammate.

26 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Has told many he doesn't want to be in Ohtani's shadow...Yankees remain likeliest choice.

Huh well I guess that makes sense but all he’d have to do is pitch his fucking ass off and win some championships - then he’ll have his own shadow regardless of who’s by his side.

25 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

This dude really needs to sign…he’s holding up the entire off-season.  Hopefully that happens by tomorrow so there is a possibility of other action before Christmas.

When’s the last time as many as SIX teams were bidding $300+ million for the same foreign pitcher on the open market?

2 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

I heard he doesn’t want to live in Ohtanis shadow. I think he winds up with the Mets. They can pay him whatever, and he is the ace. He wouldn’t be the ace on the Yankees.

I hope it's true and forces the dodgers to look elsewhere for pitching. It will drive up the market for Cease. 

19 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

I heard he doesn’t want to live in Ohtanis shadow. I think he winds up with the Mets. They can pay him whatever, and he is the ace. He wouldn’t be the ace on the Yankees.

Mets would be the perfect landing spot as far as the Sox/Cease trade are concerned. I hope it happens.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I want the Yankees to sign him to a 10/$330M deal so the Orioles panic a bit and so come 2026 the Yankees have $60M/year locked up in two oft-injured pitchers.

Seems the O's are gonna need such motivation before they relent. NYY looking like the favorite bodes well for us.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I don’t see how they’d be better than the Yankees?

The Mets were an expensive dumpster fire last season. They are hardly a threat to LAD, let alone putting pressure on them to add Cease. Yamamoto going to Queens hardly helps the Sox.

• Like 1

• Balta1701 changed the title to Yoshinobu Yamamoto got $325 million 12 years from Dodgers (+posting fee)