ST Thread

pcq

4 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

And the carnage begins already. 😆

Nerve decompression on the shoulder not a common one. Probably suprascapular nerve. That will be interesting to watch.

An older guy about my age turned left on his bike as I faced him wearing a Minnesota Twins hat. I haven’t gotten into a physical altercation since I was a teenager, but for a brief second thought about clocking him and knocking his hat off. 😁

White Sox Beisbol in under 24 hours and counting. Either watching in Bridgeport or North Side Sox friendly Bob Inn near Diversey Bowl if I’m lazy.

Edited by South Side Hit Men

3 minutes ago, ptatc said:

Nerve decompression on the shoulder not a common one. Probably suprascapular nerve. That will be interesting to watch.

Because he's a rule 5, given his injury that probably means the Sox are stuck with him, can't see any reason Boston would want him back if the Sox offered which is permissible for rule 5 picks. 

Looks like someone on the Sox "vaunted" (LOL) medical, training and conditioning staffs missed another one when advising Getz on him since I assume Getz wanted some info before making the selection.  

Edited by Lip Man 1

2 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Because he's a rule 5, given his injury that probably means the Sox are stuck with him, can't see any reason Boston would want him back if the Sox offered which is permissible for rule 5 picks. 

Looks like someone on the Sox "vaunted" (LOL) medical, training and conditioning staffs missed another one when advising Getz on him.  

Not necessarily. I'm sure they about the surgery and if he is hoping to be ready for opening day, he must be pretty far along in his rehab so they have a good idea about his recovery.

You really do hate everything about this team, don't you.

• Like 3
  • Fire 2

Just now, ptatc said:

Not necessarily. I'm sure they about the surgery and if he is hoping to be ready for opening day, he must be pretty far along in his rehab so they have a good idea about his recovery.

The tweet said they hope he can begin a throwing program around the end of spring training. Ergo that means he won't be ready for opening day will he? 

All I hate is consistent losing, and incompetent, dysfunctional and inept ownership and the front office. 

5 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

The tweet said they hope he can begin a throwing program around the end of spring training. Ergo that means he won't be ready for opening day will he? 

All I hate is consistent losing, and incompetent, dysfunctional and inept ownership and the front office. 

Ya gotta admit though, this is better than winning 85 games and missing out on the playoffs and impact talent in the draft. (obviously a lot depends on them NOT picking busts) 

Edited by baseball_gal_aly

10 minutes ago, ptatc said:

You're crossing up the two different guys. The guy with the leg strain is the one who might be ready by opening day. No schedule given for the guy having surgery.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

I saw it as a good thing, where they can put him on the 60-day IL, evaluate him in Charlotte on a rehab assignment, and stow him jut long enough on the MLB roster to keep him. 

Every single news item doesn't need to be the white sox messing up at every single level spectacularly. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, WestEddy said:

Every single news item doesn't need to be the white sox messing up at every single level spectacularly. 

This is Lip's schtick though. Loving to be miserable and loving to whine about the White Sox without adding any value to discussions.

Edited by DirtySox
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

2 hours ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Exactly, so if they hope that's the case it means it's close enough and his rehab has progressed enough that they can start looking at a prognosis. So even if it doesn't happen by then they know they are close. They don't mean that they hope he will ever throw again, uts a timeline.

Edited by ptatc

1 hour ago, WestEddy said:

I saw it as a good thing, where they can put him on the 60-day IL, evaluate him in Charlotte on a rehab assignment, and stow him jut long enough on the MLB roster to keep him. 

They can also put him on the 15 day and keep him for flexibility in the event he won't need the full 60 days. This is what the Sox did with Liam. Shane just needs to be on the active roster for 90 of the 187 calendar days in a season and earn the ML minimum.

2 hours ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Looks like someone on the Sox "vaunted" (LOL) medical, training and conditioning staffs missed another one when advising Getz on him since I assume Getz wanted some info before making the selection.  

https://www.mlb.com/glossary/transactions/rule-5-draft

That is not how this works. The worst case scenario would be Jerry losing the $100K paid in December to Boston.

If a player was injured to the point they wouldn't be active for 90 calendar days, the Sox can place him on outright waivers. At that point, any of the 29 other teams including Boston can claim him and pay the MLB minimum the rest of the season, That team would be subject to the same rules as the Sox (must be active for a total of 90 days).

If he clears waivers, Boston gets a second shot at claiming him for their ML system by returning $50,000 of the $100,000 to Jerry. If Boston also passes on this, then the Sox can keep him and outright him to Charlotte like any other player who clears waivers and remain in the White Sox organization

The Sox can also trade him, but again, Shane would be subject to the 90 day active rule to the receiving team, except for a trade with Boston, who would reacquire his full rights and outright him to Pawtucket Worcester.

Edited by South Side Hit Men
Boston's AAA team moved to Worcester in 2021.
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, ptatc said:

Thus would be a good way to work on his starter prep routine while keeping the innings in check. As the starter for one or two innings.

Crochet: I'm a starter.

Sox: he's preparing like a starter.

Question: How many innings will he expect to pitch as a starter?

Sox: 70 or so across 20-25 starts.

2024 MLB baseball folks!

7 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Crochet: I'm a starter.

Sox: he's preparing like a starter.

Question: How many innings will he expect to pitch as a starter?

Sox: 70 or so across 20-25 starts.

2024 MLB baseball folks!

That's life in the MLB now.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, DirtySox said:

This is Lip's schtick though. Loving to be miserable and loving to whine about the White Sox without adding any value to discussions.

Since 2007, 11 losing seasons, five winning ones and a .500 season. Three playoff appearances. Playoff record in those three appearances is 3-8. Seven playoff appearances in the past 43 years, among the worst in baseball

Knock yourself out enjoying this sir! 😉

32 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Since 2007, 11 losing seasons, five winning ones and a .500 season. Three playoff appearances. Playoff record in those three appearances is 3-8. Seven playoff appearances in the past 43 years, among the worst in baseball

Knock yourself out enjoying this sir! 😉

I will, it's baseball.

• Like 1