2/27 LA Ohtanis vs Chicago KCs

almagest

5 minutes ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

Assuming Crochet is sent to the minors to stretch out, is there anyway we can gain BACK a year of control?

If he is optioned and spends most of the season in the minors, yes they would gain an extra year of control. I have the feeling that they will stretch him out in the bigs though.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

If he is optioned and spends most of the season in the minors, yes they would gain an extra year of control. I have the feeling that they will stretch him out in the bigs though.

I’d hope they would at least manage some of the workload in the minors where you could skip him and ease him in better before coming up later

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

Assuming Crochet is sent to the minors to stretch out, is there anyway we can gain BACK a year of control?

Yes, but since he reached his third year and first arbitration hearing, he is eligible to at minimum an arbitration award every single year from now on. He still has all three option years available per FanGraphs.

20 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

They stated earlier if they are going the starter route he would likely work a few months to gain workload before being called up. Seems like the most likely scenario if they do attempt to stretch him out.

25 minutes ago, Autumn Dreamin said:

Our $2 million player > their $2 million player? 

Ohtani gets $2M in cash each of the ten years of his contract, before getting $68M deferred payments after he flees California once the contract is over. It works to $47M in present value, assuming current interest rates.

And he just went yard.

Edited by South Side Hit Men

• Heads22 pinned this topic
  • Quin unpinned this topic