3/16 - Giants @ Sox, and Sox @ Mariners

8 minutes ago, Quin said:

I honestly saw the lineup and asked myself "who the f*** is Jake Woodford?"

He's gotten a number of multiple innings looks.

Might be the replacement for Toussaint and another backup starting pitcher as well.

Btw, not sure they could give away tickets to watch that lineup other than Moncada and Vaughn...

Edited by caulfield12

38 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

DVS of the Sun Times asked Pedro about this yesterday and was told he is "OK."

Take that as you will.

I wouldn’t trust Pedro if he was asked to name the color of dirt.

• Haha 2

IIRC in Eloy's last game, he fouled a ball at the plate that sounded like it bounced up and caught him in the junk. He finished the AB after walking it off for a while, but maybe he's got some swelling in a sensitive spot.

I imagine they don't see a lot of harm done in him missing a handful of spring ABs with an extra day or two off. He's obviously got his timing at the plate and it's not like he needs field reps to DH.

But they also might not want to come out and say his balls are bruised or whatever, lol. He's playing tomorrow.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Autumn Dreamin said:

Moncada took a Luis Castillo pitch to the top of his back foot. Didn't look fun, but he's staying in the game.

Fathom would have enjoyed his slowly limping to first like he'd been shot.

Woodford getting hit pretty hard...quite loud Mariners crowd compared to much less enthusiastic Sox fans this spring.

• Paper Bag 1

Another run scores because Vaughn is too short at first and can't make quick readjustments to bad throws.

4-0 already.  Two run homer by Canzone.

At this rate Keller will get the last spot out of the pen.

Edited by caulfield12

2 hours ago, Autumn Dreamin said:

IIRC in Eloy's last game, he fouled a ball at the plate that sounded like it bounced up and caught him in the junk. He finished the AB after walking it off for a while, but maybe he's got some swelling in a sensitive spot.

I imagine they don't see a lot of harm done in him missing a handful of spring ABs with an extra day or two off. He's obviously got his timing at the plate and it's not like he needs field reps to DH.

But they also might not want to come out and say his balls are bruised or whatever, lol. He's playing tomorrow.

He is a literal magnet for injuries. If an injury is possible, Eloy will find a way to make it happen.

They need to make the documentary "1,000 ways to injure yourself on a baseball field." Eloy will be the poster child for the project.

• Haha 1

I'd like to believe the utility infielder battle is between Remillard and Danny Mendick. Shewmake's only sticking around because he's on the 40-man. 

Does anybody know if the Mariners' lineup is more opening day-geared than the Giants'? Joey Bart is a red flag of "B team" for me. That being said, Kuhl seems to be having a better day than Woodford. Thorpe may make the opening day roster, yet. 

• TLR 1

I had cut the cord late last year....just signed up for YouTube TV to catch March Madness and what do you know....Sox Spring Training on my TV

1 minute ago, wegner said:

Kopech with a clean inning out of the pen. Fell behind the 1st 2 hitters but came back to get them out. Just gotta throw strikes Michael.

Hitting 100 on the stadium gun apparently.

Edited by Autumn Dreamin
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, wegner said:

Kopech with a clean inning out of the pen. Fell behind the 1st 2 hitters but came back to get them out. Just gotta throw strikes Michael.

really good stuff with tons of movement. if i were the sox, i'd make him start taking zoloft immediately. what a space case.

• Hawk 1

1 minute ago, zisk said:

really good stuff with tons of movement. if i were the sox, i'd make him start taking zoloft immediately. what a space case.

There have been some outstanding closers who were, let's say different. He's got great stuff. Million dollar arm.....