3/18 Guardians @ Sox - Thorpe toes the rubber

2 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

God that Guardian's logo is horrible. Should have just went with the Spiders.

I actually like that logo, but agree they should have gone with Spiders too

5 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

God that Guardian's logo is horrible. Should have just went with the Spiders.

I mean, it is Cleveland. Better than the last one, but still bottom tier compared to other sports logos.

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

It's good to throw Sheets out in RF for our new prize's first start.  Will give Thorpe a good idea just how strong our D can be behind him..

i truly believe he's your opening day starter.  Or at least your first game against a rhp starter

29 minutes ago, Timmy U said:

i truly believe he's your opening day starter.  Or at least your first game against a rhp starter

I like most people here did not want Sheets in RF, but I think you have to find somewhere to put his bat. He has been the best bat in spring training. 

And you can't say spring training means nothing when everyone want Nastrini starting and Crochet is our opening day starter. Spring has to mean something. 

• Like 1
  • TLR 1

2 minutes ago, vilehoopster said:

I like most people here did not want Sheets in RF, but I think you have to find somewhere to put his bat. He has been the best bat in spring training. 

And you can't say spring training means nothing when everyone want Nastrini starting and Crochet is our opening day starter. Spring has to mean something. 

His glove might actually be better than his bat, which is saying something because his glove is about as awful as it gets.  His OPS+ last year was freaking 63!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Timmy U said:

I was told that the Sox front office and analytics people were telling Grifol to start Sheets in RF this spring.  Regardless of whose decision it was/is, if Sheets receives a chunk of starts in RF, the Sox are as stupid as we think they are.

• TLR 1

19 minutes ago, vilehoopster said:

His bat is crap and has declined over his three years with the Sox, but you are going to trust 41 Spring Training at bats?  Take a look at his stats.

https://www.baseball-reference.com/players/s/sheetga01.shtml

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

I was told that the Sox front office and analytics people were telling Grifol to start Sheets in RF this spring.  Regardless of whose decision it was/is, if Sheets receives a chunk of starts in RF, the Sox are as stupid as we think they are.

3-B525308-BD96-446-C-A991-D2273-EF1-DFBF

• TLR 2

46 minutes ago, vilehoopster said:

He's a really bad hitter.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1