GT 3/30: DET @ SOX, 1:10 pm CDT, NBCSC

3 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Really hoping Lee starts tomorrow.

It seems painfully obvious that Getz will need to take Maldonado out Old Yeller style at some point and likely before the All Star break.  I wanted to believe that there was some part of Martin’s game that was still there like “pitcher handling” but not sure that even matters when the dude looks like Kung Fu Panda after a week long dumpling bender.  Hopefully Lee gets a shot while Stassi and can give Pedro a compelling reason to use his bestie Maldonado as little as possible.

• Haha 5

Just now, EloyJenkins said:

Why is Vaughn just not good. I dont get it. 

Because he was on the Rick Hahn f*** everyone’s development plan

• Like 1
  • Fire 1

The Sox can have decent offense if they go with this lineup consistently.

1. LF Benintendi (L)
  2. 3B Moncada (S)
  3. CF Robert Junior (R)
  4. DH Jimenez (R)
  5. RF Colas (L)
  6. 1B Vaughn (R)
  7. SS Shewmake (L)
  8. C Lee (R)
  9. 2B Lopez (L)

But Colas fifth to break up L/R through the rest of the lineup, 

• Fire 1

1 minute ago, CentralChamps21 said:

Oddly enough, the Sox have yet to have a runner on 2nd base this season.

That'll be Jay Cuda's post tomorrow. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1

1 minute ago, baseball_gal_aly said:

He looked terrible for the first few PAs. 

Gamethreads are for in the moment reactions, I can’t stand when people come in hours later and try to s%*# on posts from earlier in the game. 

• Like 1
  • Fire 2

1 minute ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Eh, RH didn't turn one of the quickest bats in college baseball into whatever he's doing now.

He has aluminum bat power.  A lot of the homers he hit the opposite way at Cal land at the warning track now.  I’m not sure what the numbers were like last year, but he just can’t hit RHP sliders it seems.

• Fire 1

1 minute ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Shoemake looks smooth as f*** at SS. Strong arm, good movements.

It helps that he doesn't swing like a sloth at the plate. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, T R U said:

Did you just ghost this thread waiting for something positive to happen so you could come throw around some lessons? f*** off buddy. 

No I saw someone say something stupid about how a short sample size shouldn't be used and used an even smaller sample size to say it.

Then you scream obscenity at me like I'm the bad guy when I show u how stupid you are.

You wanna s%*# on me being positive from game to game or s%*# on your team in the game thread go ahead but I'll call out idiocy , impatience and immaturity any time I want to.

• Like 4
  • Fire 1
  • TLR 1
  • Paper Bag 1

1 minute ago, fathom said:

He has aluminum bat power.  A lot of the homers he hit the opposite way at Cal land at the warning track now.  I’m not sure what the numbers were like last year, but he just can’t hit RHP sliders it seems.

He got 55 games in the minors and whatever they did in 2020. He may not have wood power but he definitely was done no favors by white Sox development. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

No I saw someone say something stupid about how a short sample size shouldn't be used and used an even smaller sample size to say it.

Then you scream obscenity at me like I'm the bad guy when I show u how stupid you are.

You wanna s%*# on me being positive from game to game or s%*# on your team in the game thread go ahead but I'll call out idiocy , impatience and immaturity any time I want to.

4 innings, 3 runs, 9 base runners, no Ks. Let me know when it’s been an acceptable length to question Soroka please. 

• Quin locked this topic