4/2: Sox vs. Braves @ 640CT - Crochet v. Reylo (weather permitting)

59 minutes ago, CentralChamps21 said:

If they were club level seats and included parking close to the stadium, I'd do it for $200.

When and if they play tonight maybe Jerry will invite up to his private suite the 6 people who show up.

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

He’s the dumbest manager of all time 

He knows this isn't going to get any easier right? The grumblings about his ineptitude are only going to grow as we move forward. 

• Like 2
  • Paper Bag 1

4 minutes ago, fathom said:

He’s the dumbest manager of all time 

OK hear me out here: WHY THE f*** is the 1st base coach reviewing OUR OF positioning? Please, for the love of god, tell me has looking at Atlanta's, please.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1

6 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

OK hear me out here: WHY THE f*** is the 1st base coach reviewing OUR OF positioning? Please, for the love of god, tell me has looking at Atlanta's, please.

Thats a weird thing to be mad about. A lot of coaches on a lot of teams have several things they do. He isn’t a 1st base coach and that’s it. You can argue about results, but it’s not that weird. 

He was taking a s%*# anyway. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Tell me why he is doing it and not someone who actually remains in the dug out every inning like Montoyo, etc.?  Or the actual outfield coach and not someone more specialized throughout his career with infield play?

Let me guess...Royals' Way is the same method they had relief upon in KC?

Edited by caulfield12
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, PaleAleSox said:

Thats a weird thing to be mad about. A lot of coaches on a lot of teams have several things they do. He isn’t a 1st base coach and that’s it. You can argue about results, but it’s not that weird. 

He was taking a s%*# anyway. 

Eh, I'm sorry, given how horrific our base running has been going on forever I'm going to ask our coaches to focus on stuff that actively makes the team better. The 1st and 3rd base coaches need to be focusing on creating runs through smart baserunning, not looking out our OF positioning, there's a million non field guys for that.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Eh, I'm sorry, given how horrific our base running has been going on forever I'm going to ask our coaches to focus on stuff that actively makes the team better. The 1st and 3rd base coaches need to be focusing on creating runs through smart baserunning, not looking out our OF positioning, there's a million non field guys for that.

Are there though? Maybe the White Sox have to have coaches wear multiple hats because they don't staff appropriately. It would not surprise me in the least. 

5 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Tell me why he is doing it and not someone who actually remains in the dug out every inning like Montoyo, etc.?  Or the actual outfield coach and not someone more specialized throughout his career with infield play?

Bourgeois came up as an infielder, but spent the bulk of his time in the OF. 

2 minutes ago, Paulie4Pres said:

Are there though? Maybe the White Sox have to have coaches wear multiple hats because they don't staff appropriately. It would not surprise me in the least. 

It is trivial to Google "first base and outfield coach" and find that it is one of the most common combination of coaching responsibilities out there. And yes, that is how Bourgeois role was described when he was hired.

• Like 2

Just now, Autumn Dreamin said:

It is trivial to Google "first base and outfield coach" and find that it is one of the most common combination of coaching responsibilities out there. And yes, that is how Bourgeois role was described when he was hired.

I don't care if the dude won 20 gold gloves. Get your ass out of the fucking dugout on time. Literally never seen that. The Atlanta announcers were saying it was LL s%*#. And they are right.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chitownsportsfan said:

I don't care if the dude won 20 gold gloves. Get your ass out of the fucking dugout on time. Literally never seen that. The Atlanta announcers were saying it was LL s%*#. And they are right.

Cool, fine, I'm not arguing that. I'm just pointing out that having a guy whose job is to coach first base and OF isn't an organizational failing.

You can be mad about him being lost in the dugout without manufacturing outrage about the fact that his job just, like, exists. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Autumn Dreamin said:

Cool, fine, I'm not arguing that. I'm just pointing out that having a guy whose job is to coach first base and OF isn't an organizational failing.

You can be mad about him being lost in the dugout without manufacturing outrage about the fact that his job just, like, exists. 

Having the first base coach looking at an ipad when he's supposed to be on the field is an organizational failing. One that I don't think has ever happened in one of the hundreds of thousands of innings I've watched over the course of 30 plus years as a fan.

You're right, I should have googled the overlap before ripping them. FFS this is where we are at as fans?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Autumn Dreamin said:

I really couldn't give two shits about any of their coaches or their responsibilities. It's just fucking embarrassing that the game is starting and nobody, including himself, realized he needed to be on the fucking field. 

• Like 1

Hey, I finally get to sit down and watch a game this evening. I must say, this team is not making me want to keep YouTubeTV more than 1 month.

• Like 1

He was not reviewing outfield positioning and anyone with half a brain knows that. The issue here is not where was he, the issue is that Pedro had no idea we were lacking a coach and no idea how to handle it outside of "anyone grab a helmet!" This organization, top to bottom, struggles with basic day to day operations the way no other franchise does. 

• Like 2