Jose Rodriguez Traded to Phillies for $

ChiSox59

5 minutes ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

He’s barely a top 30 prospect at multiple outlets. There was significant regression on his plate discipline. They didn’t lose him for nothing. They traded him for cash which is what MLB determined he was worth 

My guy this is no place for clear rational thoughts.  The inmates are running the asylum.  

• Like 2

I would like to have seen him play, just to be able to judge for myself to see if he could play at the MLB level.  There were plenty of opportunities, both this year and last year to give him a shot.  But they chose to play all those other guys.  We all know their names.

17 minutes ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

What did he f*** up? 

He’s barely a top 30 prospect at multiple outlets. There was significant regression on his plate discipline. They didn’t lose him for nothing. They traded him for cash which is what MLB determined he was worth 

Good lord dude, a guy like Rodriguez should be worth more to the white Sox than cash or a bunch of old ass never wases they kept over him.

Everyone else is right and you are wrong. If it was June, I’d get it. It’s 7 games into the season.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1
  • TLR 1
  • Paper Bag 1

Consistent, embarrassing arguments that we shouldn’t make a big deal about the small, dumb decisions because we should, what, save our energy for the bigger, harder decisions they’ll inevitably f*** up? I have enough energy; yall dont need to worry.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, bmags said:

Good lord dude, a guy like Rodriguez should be worth more to the white Sox than cash or a bunch of old ass never wases they kept over him.

Everyone else is right and you are wrong. If it was June, I’d get it. It’s 7 games into the season.

He was mentioned numerous times after Ramos and Sosa and was at one point in the high teens or low twenties as a prospect.

We either believe in Getz’s OR outside perceptions that there was strong and steady progress in our second and third tier prospects or we don’t.

In the end, it only matters if they make it or not with another organization.

The revisionist history always becomes guys like Sosa Colas Rodriguez and Mena were never really legit prospects once they leave the Sox…and we blame Merkin or Boyer for overhyping them when you could only write so many stories about Robert, Hendriks and Burger last year. 

21 minutes ago, oldsox said:

I would like to have seen him play, just to be able to judge for myself to see if he could play at the MLB level.  There were plenty of opportunities, both this year and last year to give him a shot.  But they chose to play all those other guys.  We all know their names.

He needs another year of development in the minors. This is the downside of signing 17 year olds. You have to protect before them before they are actually ready

Edited by 4OCS
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

He was mentioned numerous times after Ramos and Sosa and was at one point in the high teens or low twenties as a prospect.

We either believe in Getz’s OR outside perceptions that there was strong and steady progress in our second and third tier prospects or we don’t.

The revisionist history always becomes guys like Sosa Colas Rodriguez and Mena were never really legit prospects once they leave the Sox…and we blame Merkin or Boyer for overhyping them when you could only write so many stories about Robert, Hendriks and Burger last year. 

He’s Both not a very good prospect and a better player to prioritize than this pathetic list of veterans that have not even buoyed Getz sinking ship remotely.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, bmags said:

Again, the league just told you what he’s worth. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

He was for sure. Last year was rough. He’s on the 40-man and the Sox chose Sosa and Shewmake over him. He wasn’t overhyped. He just regressed at the higher levels of the minors. 

8 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

And what do you think the league thinks Leone & Shaw are worth?

Nothing and I’m quite sure they’ll also be discarded shortly. Which relievers in the org would you like to see in Chicago instead right now? 

5 minutes ago, Quin said:

The league also repeatedly told everyone that Clevinger is worth nothing 

Ok. I wouldn’t have signed Clevinger because it seems pointless. Don’t really think he’s relevant to Rodriguez discussion 

• Like 1

Well, this is the same organization that spent months talking about possibly moving Burger to 2nd.

Or we simply pick "average to above average" defenders in their decline stages who can't hit a lick.

If everyone thinks it's unwatchable right now, just wait until a time when both Robert AND Crochet are out.

I even wrote a thread last year about the lack of exciting hitters on the team that would motivate fans to watch/listen or even show up in person.

But that's exactly where we ARE right now with Burger traded away and Robert, Jr., seemingly injured YET again.

Seriously, we would have a hard time beating Norfolk more than 50% of the time with the 14th largest payroll in baseball.  Without Robert/Crochet, it would probably tip to 45/55% or even 40/60% against the Sox and in favor of the Tides/Orioles' prospects.

That's borderline unbelievable.

Edited by caulfield12

1 minute ago, caulfield12 said:

Well, this is the same organization that spent months talking about possibly moving Burger to 2nd.

Or we simply pick "average to above average" defenders in their decline stages who can't hit a lick.

If everyone thinks it's unwatchable right now, just wait until a time when both Robert AND Crochet are out.

I even wrote a thread last year about the lack of exciting hitters on the team that would excite fans.

That's exactly where we ARE right now with Burger traded away and Robert, Jr., seemingly injured YET again.

Seriously, we would have a hard time beating Norfolk more than 50% of the time with the 14th largest payroll in baseball.  Without Robert/Crochet, it would probably tip to 45/55% or even 40/60% against the Sox and in favor of the Tides/Orioles' prospects.

That's borderline unbelievable.

It’s the same organization but it’s different people in charge of it. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

He was for sure. Last year was rough. He’s on the 40-man and the Sox chose Sosa and Shewmake over him. He wasn’t overhyped. He just regressed at the higher levels of the minors. 

Nothing and I’m quite sure they’ll also be discarded shortly. Which relievers in the org would you like to see in Chicago instead right now? 

Ok. I wouldn’t have signed Clevinger because it seems pointless. Don’t really think he’s relevant to Rodriguez discussion 

I only brought up Clevinger since they DFA'd Rodriguez to sign him.

I guess he'd have been next for Grossman, although who knows with this FO.

If Philly would rather have him than their own cash, there’s no reason the Sox shouldn’t feel the same about keeping him. 22 years old, how many 22 year olds are still in the Sox system that are complete garbage. At least the guy  actually has a few tools

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Chick Mercedes said:

If Philly would rather have him than their own cash, there’s no reason the Sox shouldn’t feel the same about keeping him. 22 years old, how many 22 year olds are still in the Sox system that are complete garbage. At least the guy  actually has a few tools

But how else will the Sox pay for Kevin Pillar or Martin Maldonado, two very necessary players for a rebuilding team?

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Chick Mercedes said:

And those guys don’t require 40-man spots 

46 minutes ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

It is relevant because we lost Rodriguez to get Clevinger.  

43 minutes ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

Honestly, pretty much anyone else, even some of the non 40 man guys at AAA.  I’d also rather throw Alex Speas to the wolves than give any innings to either of these guys (and yes, it would probably be a disaster).  Also, why did we trade for Horn if he’s not ready to contribute?  And what has Josimer Cousin done to warrant a 40 man spot at the moment?  Does his ceiling really warrant a spot when we’re forced to cut young talent to make room to pitch garbage innings for the major league team?

And I while I’m picking on Leone & Shaw because they are very old and bad, there are plenty of old & bad position players as well.  The infield group has a ton of guys who won’t be here next year and/or are just bad.  Carrying both Pillar & Grossman seems like a complete waste of limited roster spots.  

I’m not going to lose sleep over trading Popeye for cash, but the way this 40 man is being managed is highly questionable.  Most of thought the veterans they added like DeJong were meant to be cheap placeholders who would be cut when young guys started pushing for roles.  The problem is we are now adding more and more of them to turn a steaming pile of s%*# into just a flaming piece of s%*#.  I simply don’t get the logic of what Getz is doing here.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

21 minutes ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

Right but if it wasn’t Clevinger, it would’ve been to add Keller or Grossman or someone else 

Shaw (or any of the old dudes in the pen) and Sheets (because we already have four outfielders, so either Sheets serves no role or there is no point to call up Grossman).

Getz is making moves that a GM makes in MLB: The Show because he recognizes names.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1