Is it wrong to want the Sox to embarrass themselves?

reiks12

Born in August of 1959 I like to tell my kids that the siren's the mayor turned on when the Sox won the pennant woke me up.  I became an avid Sox fan in 1970 and have followed them ever since through mostly bad times but at least it was baseball.

This video is how I feel about the team now, and I will do my best to not subject my self to this BS excuse of a baseball team until things get better, which may be awhile.  I'll continue to get updates from SoxTalk but I'm basically done with this team until I see something to change my current outlook which is bleak.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, wegner said:

I have far too much Sox gear and wear it all the time on errands, walks, etc. I have no shame. I just switch hats when they lose....and I'm running out of hats....will be sporting a Birmingham Barons cap today to see if it has any luck.

Didn't work....moving on to my Charlotte Knights cap this evening. Good luck Mr Cannon.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Thinking a bit more about this question,  the real point isn't embarrassment. It really goes to forcing enough embarrassment to actually force substantive change of the organization from top to bottom.  If we don't achieve that level of embarrassment,  this group will continue to fly under the radar with business as usual, pretendingthis was all a part of the plan.  That's why I want this to burn.  Let a new forest grow up in its ashes. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

So AJP said he no longer works for the White Sox because he criticized their player development.  I am drawing a blank on this.  Can anyone share this story?

There is no story on this.  AJ is the only source.  The Sox haven't said anything, and I am sure they won't.  All of these "inside source" guys will probably be back soon with clever rewords of exactly what AJ just said they try to pass of as new information.

31 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

There is no story on this.  AJ is the only source.  The Sox haven't said anything, and I am sure they won't.  All of these "inside source" guys will probably be back soon with clever rewords of exactly what AJ just said they try to pass of as new information.

Thanks.  All I seem to remember was AJ working for the Sox as a “team ambassador”, which is usually just a fluff position.

Just now, Dick Allen said:

What I don't get is they apparently have no idea AJP is going to tell everyone and anyone exactly what happened. They can't be THAT clueless, can they?

Which is also the perfect example of why AJ is working for Fox instead of an actual organization.

22 hours ago, chitownsportsfan said:

I see Sox hats around town maybe once a week or so. I'll ask most of them in passing if they are Sox fans. 90% of the time all I hear is "I just like the hat".

I have a bunch of hats that I wear most days.  I may start using this, its less embarrassing than the truth.

• Paper Bag 1

8 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

What I don't get is they apparently have no idea AJP is going to tell everyone and anyone exactly what happened. They can't be THAT clueless, can they?

I think that fact has already been proven.  Yes they are only out for the $$$$$$ and could care less about developing a team to actually win ball games.

19 minutes ago, Snopek said:

Love AJ's dismissal of Schultz because he hasn't "heard much about him." 

AJ, you're allowed to look stuff up.

He seemed flustered while he was talking TBH.  His talk of the prospects was extremely weak, with some really obvious things to talk about.  He targeted a couple of the guys who have had success instead of the pile of ones who flat out busted.  With all of the failed #1 picks, Shultz and Montgomery he targets? 

• Like 1

According to the story I read this morning the AJ interview was with Garfien on his latest podcast. Story said Chuck was clearly uncomfortable with the way AJ was ripping the organization.  

37 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

According to the story I read this morning the AJ interview was with Garfien on his latest podcast. Story said Chuck was clearly uncomfortable with the way AJ was ripping the organization.  

Chuck's paycheck depends on a certain tone whereas AJ's does not I'd imagine. 

12 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Chuck's paycheck depends on a certain tone whereas AJ's does not I'd imagine. 

I've stopped listening to him, but does Chuck only really blame players that would be, let's say "JR/Getz approved" for bashing?

1 hour ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Criticizing the guys signing your check is never a great move if you want to stay there.