4/15/24 - KC @ CWS, 7:40 PM Eastern

Just now, Quin said:

Deserves every penny of that $4M.

After all, we've been told ad nauseum that it was Grandal holding the team back and that once he was gone, any catcher would be an upgrade.

It very well could have been true with Grandal, but they added the one guy who is just as bad and washed up

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, fathom said:

Lopez is another guy that I will never understand how they thought his hitting style would work at this park.  He could barely hit at KC with their giant outfield.  The decision making exhibited by Getz this past offseason should terrify people.

A little dramatic.

• Paper Bag 1

1 minute ago, fathom said:

It very well could have been true with Grandal, but they added the one guy who is just as bad and washed up

Grandal at least put up a good 2020 and good (albeit injured) 2021. 

Let me show you the video that sums up Maldonado's seasons before signing with the Sox:

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, fathom said:

I know you’re a fan, but what would you say he’s done well?

He's changing the organization bottom to top.   It's not going to show up on the big league team yet.  This organization was a dumpster fire.  It's going to take some time.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Paper Bag 2

4 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

He's changing the organization bottom to top.   It's not going to show up on the big league team yet.  This organization was a dumpster fire.  It's going to take some time.  

Getz is a huge part of the problem, he is not qualified in any way to be a GM. He is a laughing stock in MLB circles.

Edited by Soxfest
  • Fire 3

2 minutes ago, Capn12 said:

34 runs scored, in 15.6 games.

The Sox are last in baseball in homers. 2nd to last in slugging. Last in barrels. 2nd to last in hits, only the Twins have less hits, but they have almost twice the amount of homers. This team can't hit and they have no power. It's the ultimate snooze fest. 

• Paper Bag 1

19 minutes ago, fathom said:

Lopez is another guy that I will never understand how they thought his hitting style would work at this park.  He could barely hit at KC with their giant outfield.  The decision making exhibited by Getz this past offseason should terrify people.

The guy is terrible and they are paying $4.3 million for him.

4 minutes ago, pcq said:

Andrew Gone. 

He's getting $3.25 Million this year, arb-eligible next 2 years.  Non=tender is possible. Send him down for a month, see if he snaps out of it.  He looks done.