Friday 4/19/24 Sox@Phillies GameThread

27 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

It’s a SSS, but Menas era is so far is pretty misleading. Nearing a 1.4 whip and walking a batter in 65% of your innings pitched terribly sustainable for success. Mena may become a serviceable back end SP, but I think it was a fine gamble and do think Fletcher will be solid piece for the Sox. 

Good call.  5.7 bb/9 is rough.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My gosh. Another shutout. I was in the car for the 9th inning and the Phils' announcers were 'funny.' They were not too high on the 7-0 win mentioning one could say the Phils were helped "by the competition tonight." Meaning the totally inept White Sox. So many hitters who have no chance. You know things are bad when Sheets, Vaughn and Eloy are our main guns. Wowsie.

32 minutes ago, greg775 said:

My gosh. Another shutout. I was in the car for the 9th inning and the Phils' announcers were 'funny.' They were not too high on the 7-0 win mentioning one could say the Phils were helped "by the competition tonight." Meaning the totally inept White Sox. So many hitters who have no chance. You know things are bad when Sheets, Vaughn and Eloy are our main guns. Wowsie.

Thats incredibly rude of them.

• Haha 1

Given their inability to score runs, is it a bad idea to literally get someone on, bunt someone over and use two outs to try and manufacture one run? Then again they need people to get on without an out or get on period… Every single game I turn on the at bats are brutal. I think I saw a swing by Fletcher where he was way late with his swing last night. At least when DeJong is up I feel better about him actually getting a hit worth a damn.

11 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

Remember when Getz was hired because according to Jerry us fans deserved a quick turnaround?

And that because he was old he needed a quick turnaround?

Who thinks batting Eloy second last night was a good move by Grifool?

I mean he's not hitting a lick .095 to be exact, chases balls outside the strike zone, doesn't know how to move runners over and he has no baseball IQ when it comes to running the bases.

Eloy is a pinch hitter at this point until he proves otherwise.

• Haha 2

34 minutes ago, A-Train to 35th said:

I mean he's not hitting a lick .095 to be exact, chases balls outside the strike zone, doesn't know how to move runners over and he has no baseball IQ when it comes to running the bases.

The Sox lineup had seven guys with OPSs under .600, including 5 under .500.  Someone with awful stats is going to be slotted somewhere important when your entire team sucks. 

• Like 2
  • Paper Bag 1

48 minutes ago, A-Train to 35th said:

I don’t think Eloy should bat 2nd, but he’s the best hitter on this current team by a country mile. He should absolutely play everyday he is able. I would bat him 3rd and just leave him there until Robert is back. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

I don’t think Eloy should bat 2nd, but he’s the best hitter on this current team by a country mile. He should absolutely play everyday he is able. I would bat him 3rd and just leave him there until Robert is back. 

Unless Eloy gets hurt again.......................

1 hour ago, A-Train to 35th said:

Send Vaughn down, play Sheets at 1B, and leave Eloy at DH.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Milkman delivers said:

When’s the first no-hitter gonna be thrown against the Sox? Perhaps a perfect game?

I feel like multiple ones will happen at some point this season.

The better question is: When will the second one be thrown?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Send Vaughn down, play Sheets at 1B, and leave Eloy at DH.

Don't send him down, DFA him. Give him a chance to 'maybe' catch on with another team. Sending him to AAA would be so depressing. Release him for his own sake and the sake of anybody watching a Sox game. He is a wreck at the plate.

• Paper Bag 1