4/21 Sox @ Phils

29 minutes ago, wegner said:

You know what, he's never going to get another managing gig anyways so how about...."I have absolutely no talent here. These guys suck." Maybe the team will rally around that...and yes I know that won't happen.

You just got your wish:

“We’re 20 games in, our record sucks,” Pedro Grifol said.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/white-sox/2024/04/21/runs-defense-pitching-all-lacking-in-latest-white-sox-loss

6 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

The 1st overall pick will be locked up by Independence Day

Oh wait

Yea this part of it is really really fucking lame.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, hi8is said:

In fact - they should alter the rules so we get the first two picks if we prove to be the worst team in history.

What # do we pick this draft?

2 hours ago, wegner said:

You know what, he's never going to get another managing gig anyways so how about...."I have absolutely no talent here. These guys suck." Maybe the team will rally around that...and yes I know that won't happen.

Hate to get prehistoric here, but Mr. Cub of his day (before Ernie Banks), Phil Cavaretta, was player/manager, told Mr. Wrigley the same and wound up canned and on the White Sox, where he was welcome.

• Love 1

1 hour ago, hi8is said:

We could hope against hope it will incentivize the ownership to make comprehensive and structural changes rather than rely on a quick shiny object or two.

Edited by SpringfieldFan
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, hi8is said:

MLB considers the White Sox a "major market" team....unfortunately the Sox owner doesn't think that way.

• Paper Bag 1

50 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

MLB considers the White Sox a "major market" team....unfortunately the Sox owner doesn't think that way.

This is not a major league level team in any way. The owner is playing his fiddle while Rome burns.

Out of the 9 position players who played Sunday, 8 of them has batting averages under .200.  Only Sheets at .255 was ahead of the Mendoza Line.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, JoshPR said:

Dude it's his second start. Young pitcher let him go through this now...

Just asking since I don't watch the games. Have no opinion on the lad either way.

2 hours ago, Highland said:

This is not a major league level team in any way. The owner is playing his fiddle while Rome burns.

Because of how the Sox are categorized by MLB is the reason for the draft position situation. 

4 hours ago, SpringfieldFan said:

We could hope against hope it will incentivize the ownership to make comprehensive and structural changes rather than rely on a quick shiny object or two.

Good luck with that

1 hour ago, Rusty said:

It’s #10.  It doesn’t matter anyways.  It’s not like they can develop talent anyways.

#5 this year, 10th next year (2025)...that last one is based on the assumption they're STILL the worst team in baseball through the remainder of this season, otherwise it could fall back even more

Edited by caulfield12

16 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

#5 this year, 10th next year (2025)...that last one is based on the assumption they're STILL the worst team in baseball through the remainder of this season, otherwise it could fall back even more

Correct.  I was talking about the 2025 pick.  Regardless it doesn’t matter.  The guy that was the Director of Player Development and failed all of the recent highly rated prospects is now the GM so…