Pham up, Pillar out

WestEddy

He's not great, but at least Pillar can actually play centerfield. The Sox have now assembled the worst defensive outfield I can remember for this team, and that's saying something.  Eloy, Pham, Grossman, Benintendi, and Pham are all DHs. Fletcher is way better in right.  So much for prioritizing defense.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Paper Bag 1

3 minutes ago, Sleepy Harold said:

Sold false hope by the White Sox? Well I never....

f*** this guy. What exactly did he think was going to happen? Nobody forced him to sign with Chicago. He'll be lucky to get 50 PA the rest of his career in the MLB. f*** off, only Sox fans can trash the franchise, this guy is just another bum we wasted time, money and a 40 man spot on.

• Like 4
  • TLR 1

10 minutes ago, Timmy U said:

He's not great, but at least Pillar can actually play centerfield. The Sox have now assembled the worst defensive outfield I can remember for this team, and that's saying something.  Eloy, Pham, Grossman, Benintendi, and Pham are all DHs. Fletcher is way better in right.  So much for prioritizing defense.

You forgot Sheets…they legit have like 5 DH guys.  I mean he can’t hit but…based on his defensive performance so far, AV may best be categorized as a DH too.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

f*** this guy. What exactly did he think was going to happen? Nobody forced him to sign with Chicago. He'll be lucky to get 50 PA the rest of his career in the MLB. f*** off, only Sox fans can trash the franchise, this guy is just another bum we wasted time, money and a 40 man spot on.

That headline is clickbait. If you watch the full 3 minutes he's actually about as positive as can be about it, surprisingly. I thought he'd go scorched earth. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

That headline is clickbait. If you watch the full 3 minutes he's actually about as positive as can be about it, surprisingly. I thought he'd go scorched earth. 

I agree. That quote is definitely not the sentiment of the interview....at all.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Rusty said:

You forgot Sheets…they legit have like 5 DH guys.  I mean he can’t hit but…based on his defensive performance so far, AV may best be categorized as a DH too.  

AV is not a major leaguer. He cannot play any other positions than 1B, and he's terrible at it.  He's literally a zero tool player at this point

• Like 2
  • Paper Bag 1

27 minutes ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

25 minutes ago, TheBooneLoganEra said:

I agree. That quote is definitely not the sentiment of the interview....at all.

I feel the same way, he was quite complimentary about the team despite the headline making it seem he 💩 on them.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Well when he spoke up he got cut and deked on his salary. I doubt he will recommend the Sox to any other players. Yes that is business in Jerry World.

32 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

I don’t see an issue with anything he said here.  Essentially he said the players are working hard but talent matters.  Especially when he mentions that the Braves were different because they “knew they were better.”  He basically says the Sox are a roster assembled of a bunch of try-hards and that s%*# doesn’t work in professional sports.  Especially baseball.  In basketball, if you maximize effort, with a coach like Thibs and sell out defensively, you can at least be relatively successful.  In football, a smart coach can get pretty far with subpar talent with good scheming and scouting.  In hockey you can out condition your opponents and hit the s%*# out of them, you can do pretty well.  In soccer, when you are over-matched severely you go into a low block and bunker.  In baseball…if a guy can’t hit a breaking ball, he can’t hit a breaking ball.  I don’t care what you do, Gavin Sheets or Eloy will never be serviceable outfielders.  The pitchers just don’t have an MLB level of velocity and/or “stuff.” Baseball is much more predicated on natural talent.  Good players are going to win at a higher rate over mediocre players and coaching than in the other sports.  The current Sox players and coaches aren’t even close to mediocre and this is the result.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Rusty said:

I don’t see an issue with anything he said here.  Essentially he said the players are working hard but talent matters.  Especially when he mentions that the Braves were different because they “knew they were better.”  He basically says the Sox are a roster assembled of a bunch of try-hards and that s%*# doesn’t work in professional sports.  Especially baseball.  In basketball, if you maximize effort, with a coach like Thibs and sell out defensively, you can at least be relatively successful.  In football, a smart coach can get pretty far with subpar talent with good scheming and scouting.  In hockey you can out condition your opponents and hit the s%*# out of them, you can do pretty well.  In soccer, when you are over-matched severely you go into a low block and bunker.  In baseball…if a guy can’t hit a breaking ball, he can’t hit a breaking ball.  I don’t care what you do, Gavin Sheets or Eloy will never be serviceable outfielders.  The pitchers just don’t have an MLB level of velocity and/or “stuff.” Baseball is much more predicated on natural talent.  Good players are going to win at a higher rate over mediocre players and coaching than in the other sports.  The current Sox players and coaches aren’t even close to mediocre and this is the result.

Well no s%*#. Someone alert the GM and owner.

This is the Richie Zisk (pitch at risk to Rich Zisk) signing revisited. Sox are gonna start mashing with Wham Bam Pham! Marketing should go nuts. There's now a reason to come out to the park once every six days: to see Pham and Crochet. Wins are comin' just wait n see."

• Haha 1