4/29- Twins at Sox, 6:40

Tonight is more along the lines of what we've seen out of the team this year as opposed to the previous three days.

There will be a lot more of this over the next five months. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, wegner said:

Well the weekend was fun, then The Twins again.

Was it fun though? I personally don’t get any enjoyment watching a bunch of losers who 80% of won’t even be here next year win some meaningless games. 

There silver lining is they can’t screw up their draft position, but I want this thing to go nuclear to force radical changes. That’s where the real win will come from. 

• Thanks 4
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, T R U said:

Was it fun though? I personally don’t get any enjoyment watching a bunch of losers who 80% of won’t even be here next year win some meaningless games. 

There silver lining is they can’t screw up their draft position, but I want this thing to go nuclear to force radical changes. That’s where the real win will come from. 

Yep, not sure why anyone wants to see Reinsdorf escape the embarrassment of a historic losing record after sabotaging the initial rebuild with TLR and refusing to go all in on free agency (Machado/Harper) and then giving Getz the nepotism hire, saying they are a few moves away from being competitive, and then having Getz cut payroll by around $55 million.  Let him wear it.  He’s earned it.

Edited by WhiteSox2023
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, T R U said:

I actually watched none of the games but yes to those who were at the ballpark, I am sure those games against the Rays were fun. This is supposed to be entertainment. Plus a historic losing season will change nothing imo.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, wegner said:

I actually watched none of the games but yes to those who were at the ballpark, I am sure those games against the Rays were fun. This is supposed to be entertainment. Plus a historic losing season will change nothing imo.

Im not so sure about that, but there's only one way to find out.

• Like 1

Pham not in the starting lineup? 3-24

Pham in the starting lineup? 3-0.

Clearly he was the only piece standing between the Sox and multiple parades.

• Haha 2
  • Love 1

9 hours ago, T R U said:

I don't understand this at all, at all. I want the Sox to win. I want them to win the game I am watching right now, today. Would I like to see a winning Sox team with all young studs who are signed for years and know the winning is going to continue? YES! Of course. But when I turn on a game to watch or I'm there, I want the best possible players the Sox can put on the field at that time. I want the Sox manager and management to do everything they can to win that game, that day. I don't care if the players are 32 or 22. I want the Sox to win. I am happy when they win and unhappy when they lose. 

So, yes, this weekend was great. I hope they can do it again through the week and into next weekend. I just want the Sox to win. 

Do I understand the need to trade away older players to get younger players and build for the future? Yes, of course. But if a the Sox have a guy who is 33 who can play clearly better than someone who is at Charlotte and 23, play the better player, whatever his age, as long as you have him. Make that young guy at Charlotte become better than that 33 year old. 

But I am a White Sox fan, I am going to wear my White Sox year and watch the game, whether they win 50 game or 100 games. 

Edited by vilehoopster
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, vilehoopster said:

I don't understand this at all, at all. I want the Sox to win. I want them to win the game I am watching right now, today. Would I like to see a winning Sox team with all young studs who are signed for years and know the winning is going to continue? YES! Of course. But when I turn on a game to watch or I'm there, I want the best possible players the Sox can put on the field at that time. I want the Sox manager and management to do everything they can to win that game, that day. I don't care if the players are 32 or 22. I want the Sox to win. I am happy when they win and unhappy when they lose. 

So, yes, this weekend was great. I hope they can do it again through the week and into next weekend. I just want the Sox to win. 

Do I understand the need to trade away older players to get younger players and build for the future? Yes, of course. But if a the Sox have a guy who is 33 who can play clearly better than someone who is at Charlotte and 23, play the better player, whatever his age, as long as you have him. Make that young guy at Charlotte become better than that 33 year old. 

But I am a White Sox fan, I am going to wear my White Sox year and watch the game, whether they win 50 game or 100 games. 

To each his own.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dohnut said:

"But Korey Lee struck out on a 73 mph curveball from Caleb Thielbar, stranding runners on first and third on the slowest game-ending strikeout pitch in the Majors since Bowden Francis (72.9 mph) on Aug. 20, 2023."

Well, that's interesting at least.

Shades of Shingo and the Frisbee...

Edited by caulfield12

25 minutes ago, vilehoopster said:

This is pretty much where I am at.  I want the Sox to win, but I am moving on quickly after a loss (and have been since about game 8), which I admit I don't always do when the games matter.  Obviously, these games don't matter already, which sucks, but there is still something to root for. Fedde, Eloy, Pham and several relievers could return something of interest this summer.  Even the less interesting vets could perhaps return a lottery ticket with a nice couple months.  Even though I don't really agree with the roster construction or thought process behind it, doesn't mean I need to root for it to crash and burn.  I'd rather watch them win than lose, and I'd rather watch Getz have success than not. 

I can certainly understand the line of thought behind a 20-142 type season having ripple effects that could cause change, but this is Jerry Reinsdorf at the helm.  The only thing effectuating meaningful change is when he or his family sells.   It all likelihood, that is at least a half decade away - no point is being miserable about the Sox daily until then.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, vilehoopster said:

Whats so hard to understand? We have one of the worst managers in baseball leading this team. Anything that can accelerate his removal is whats best for this team now and in the future.

We all want the Sox to win and be a good team, but they aren't a good team and they aren't going to be doing a lot of winning. Sometimes the best decision isn't always the most popular.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

This is pretty much where I am at.  I want the Sox to win, but I am moving on quickly after a loss (and have been since about game 8), which I admit I don't always do when the games matter.  Obviously, these games don't matter already, which sucks, but there is still something to root for. Fedde, Eloy, Pham and several relievers could return something of interest this summer.  Even the less interesting vets could perhaps return a lottery ticket with a nice couple months.  Even though I don't really agree with the roster construction or thought process behind it, doesn't mean I need to root for it to crash and burn.  I'd rather watch them win than lose, and I'd rather watch Getz have success than not. 

I can certainly understand the line of thought behind a 20-142 type season having ripple effects that could cause change, but this is Jerry Reinsdorf at the helm.  The only thing effectuating meaningful change is when he or his family sells.   It all likelihood, that is at least a half decade away - no point is being miserable about the Sox daily until then.

Its not that I am actively rooting for them to lose, I just don't really care if they win. It would be a different story if the #1 pick was on the line. Its not, so it doesn't really matter if they win 60ish games they'll be picking 10th no matter what.

Jerry already proved last year that if things get really bad, he will be forced to make a change. That's what I am most interested in this year outside, of course, getting maximum value for whatever assets we have left.

• Like 1

It's part of the healing process. 

Denial, anger, bargaining, depression, and acceptance. 

Many of us are at the acceptance stage. We accept the team is bad and we need to suffer a while as part of the rebuilding process. Getting excited about a win only makes the inevitable losing streak more painful. It's easier to not care. 

The real enemy isn't hating the team, the real enemy is indifference. Those are fans the team will have to win back. The haters are still engaged. 

• Like 1