Schriffen says he was aiming at “Sportscasters”

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, TheBooneLoganEra said:

Whoda thunk Shane Riordan would be who united Sox fans behind Scriffen. But the score has been trash for a while and Riordan has always been a worthless clown. 

Riordan thinks he’s the greatest radio producer of all time because he brings in some “notable” guests on the show.  It’s usually some B-level actor like Michael Rapaport.  🤣

The irony is that most of the sports radio personalities all worked the very same radio producer job before they made it on air.  It’s not even a very high paying job, but they have to work their way up doing it to get on air.  I think The Score’s management knows that no one wants to hear Riordan with his own show because he’s such a dbag and that’s why he’s still toiling away as a producer.

The truth is that the majority of posters on this site know more about the Sox and baseball than clowns like Parkins, Spiegel, and Riordan.

Edited by WhiteSox2023
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Tony said:

Shane Riordan is a douche, seems like a consensus. 

But in terms of your statement of “dish it can’t take it” I think the same can be said about Schiffren here. He knew what he was doing with the line to Beckham. And ok fine, you want to take shots at sports radio host, or “dish it out” in this case, then don’t turn down media requests when someone has a question about the comments you chose to make on a MLB broadcast. That’s the “can’t take it” in this case

I think the line for me is when he went after John as a threat.  That's the worst of it.  Hawk beefed has this town, but he he never threatened anyone.

2 hours ago, Tony said:

Shane Riordan is a douche, seems like a consensus. 

But in terms of your statement of “dish it can’t take it” I think the same can be said about Schiffren here. He knew what he was doing with the line to Beckham. And ok fine, you want to take shots at sports radio host, or “dish it out” in this case, then don’t turn down media requests when someone has a question about the comments you chose to make on a MLB broadcast. That’s the “can’t take it” in this case

Well, to be fair, "the dishing" started by Score against this guy before he even called his first game.   They were up in arms about the hire because their boy Benetti had gotten canned and also because their prior reject host Connor McKnight was passed up for the job in favor of John. 

Why would would I (John) go on their airwaves knowing they don't like him from day 1?      

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, Chick Mercedes said:

Yeah I do. A skeptic. Why would the press ever be skeptical while observing Chicago teams and ownership I wonder

Mariotti let his personal feelings get in the way of his reporting which was very unfortunate.

A lot of what he wrote though especially about JR and the Sox was accurate as history has shown but again his personal grievances got in the way.

His comments about co-workers like Roger Ebert, Rick Telender were reprehensible and when Hawk accosted him in the press box and took a swing at him it was well deserved.

By the way the hatred Mariotii had for JR really reached a tipping point when JR called the owners of the Sun-Times at the time and demanded they fire him. Mariotti heard about it and from then on it was anything goes.  

2 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Mariotti let his personal feelings get in the way of his reporting which was very unfortunate.

A lot of what he wrote though especially about JR and the Sox was accurate as history has shown but again his personal grievances got in the way.

His comments about co-workers like Roger Ebert, Rick Telender were reprehensible and when Hawk accosted him in the press box and took a swing at him it was well deserved.

By the way the hatred Mariotii had for JR really reached a tipping point when JR called the owners of the Sun-Times at the time and demanded they fire him. Mariotti heard about it and from then on it was anything goes.  

At least until Mariotti threatened to quit and they accepted his resignation to get rid of him.

19 hours ago, DFAthewave69420 said:

It would be a real shame if Shane Riordan burned a bridge with the White Sox organization.  Would love if the Sox only allowed their personnel to only be interviewed by 1000.

As insignificant as sports radio has become in Chicago, that wouldn’t be good. The Sox eventually will need all the publicity they can get.

• Like 1
  • Paper Bag 1

Posted (edited)

Mariotti was a terrible, miserable man and his career is OVAH after assaulting his girlfriend at the time. The old saying, "what goes around comes around", might be appropriate.

I am glad there are so many more ways to gets my sports info. The old days was newspapers, magazines, 2-4 minutes for sports on the local evening news.  Sports radio filled a local niche for diehard sports enthusiasts, but in time it turned to crap. I no longer listen to the Score or MVP 1000. Weird people and degenerate gamblers seem to be the hosts.

Dan (A Big Boob) Bernstein had the reins passed to him from Mariotti and is the current biggest ass hat. I can get my Sox on with plenty of podcasts from very informed people. No need to go to Sportscenter or local sports radio. 

I still think Bruce Levine is a legit baseball reporter and will not lump him in with the cesspool of the Score. 

Stand Up for Schriff 😃

Edited by Falstaff
typo
  • Like 5

On 5/18/2024 at 12:38 PM, cuban_sammiches said:

He brought his clown show to espn but I think his nonsense got old. I don't think he is doing anything of importance. Maybe a podcast that nobody listens to.

Pretty sure he was accused of domestic violence too

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Whether or not Marriotti was one’s cup of tea with his antics and personality, I support his combat posture that he took. Given the ownership and franchises he was paid to write about, he had no other choice if he was on the side of angels. General disdain is what was called for, and still is

On 5/18/2024 at 12:08 PM, WhiteSox2023 said:

Riordan thinks he’s the greatest radio producer of all time because he brings in some “notable” guests on the show.  It’s usually some B-level actor like Michael Rapaport.  🤣

The irony is that most of the sports radio personalities all worked the very same radio producer job before they made it on air.  It’s not even a very high paying job, but they have to work their way up doing it to get on air.  I think The Score’s management knows that no one wants to hear Riordan with his own show because he’s such a dbag and that’s why he’s still toiling away as a producer.

The truth is that the majority of posters on this site know more about the Sox and baseball than clowns like Parkins, Spiegel, and Riordan.

He's a good producer. That's the best radio show in the city and that's not really fair criticism. You can "not like it" but Matt Spiegel has talked baseball in Chicago for like two decades and Danny Parkins is one of the best radio hosts in the country. I don't think Shane should've went after Schriffen publicly because the hosts can handle it on air however. 

On 5/18/2024 at 12:51 PM, DFAthewave69420 said:

It would be a real shame if Shane Riordan burned a bridge with the White Sox organization.  Would love if the Sox only allowed their personnel to only be interviewed by 1000.

The Sox already don't let many of their employees go on because they're short-sighted and run their business like Larry's Corner Hardware Store. I will say though, 670 talks way more Sox than 1000 does and has better guests doing so. 

23 hours ago, HOFHurt35 said:

Well, to be fair, "the dishing" started by Score against this guy before he even called his first game.   They were up in arms about the hire because their boy Benetti had gotten canned and also because their prior reject host Connor McKnight was passed up for the job in favor of John. 

Why would would I (John) go on their airwaves knowing they don't like him from day 1?      

This isn't true. Everyone was rooting for Connor. Schriffen came on the station though and both parties were very courteous. Nobody wants John Schriffen to be bad at this. He just is. He's doing what Reinsdorf wants ultimately though. Hiring a guy who should be Slamball to do baseball every day in market 3 is pretty embarrassing though. 

5 hours ago, Dick Allen said:

As insignificant as sports radio has become in Chicago, that wouldn’t be good. The Sox eventually will need all the publicity they can get.

Sports radio is still pretty popular here. 

• Love 1

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

He's a good producer. That's the best radio show in the city and that's not really fair criticism. You can "not like it" but Matt Spiegel has talked baseball in Chicago for like two decades and Danny Parkins is one of the best radio hosts in the country. I don't think Shane should've went after Schriffen publicly because the hosts can handle it on air however. 

The Sox already don't let many of their employees go on because they're short-sighted and run their business like Larry's Corner Hardware Store. I will say though, 670 talks way more Sox than 1000 does and has better guests doing so. 

This isn't true. Everyone was rooting for Connor. Schriffen came on the station though and both parties were very courteous. Nobody wants John Schriffen to be bad at this. He just is. He's doing what Reinsdorf wants ultimately though. Hiring a guy who should be Slamball to do baseball every day in market 3 is pretty embarrassing though. 

Sports radio is still pretty popular here. 

Riordan is still an immature idiot.  He talks like a teenager and he’s over 30.  He would’ve been fired by any real company.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/chicagos-shane-riordan-absent-from-radio-show-after-threats-to-bone-rival-radio-hosts-mom

If you like Cubs talk, Spiegel is your man.  He’s a Cubs fan and will always steer the conversation to the Cubs, just like David Haugh.  Which I guess I can understand since the Sox suck.

Parkins is like an infomercial hype-man.  Listen to him and count the number of times he says “that’s amazing” or “that’s fantastic” or “that’s outstanding” to any lame comment or barely exciting story.  You could make it a drinking game and you would be hammered by an hour through the radio show.

Edited by WhiteSox2023

6 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Riordan is still an immature idiot at age 30.  He would’ve been fired by any real company.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/chicagos-shane-riordan-absent-from-radio-show-after-threats-to-bone-rival-radio-hosts-mom

If you like Cubs talk, Spiegel is your man.  He’s a Cubs fan and will always steer the conversation to the Cubs, just like David Haugh.  Which I guess I can understand since the Sox suck.

Parkins is like an infomercial hype-man.  Listen to him and count the number of times he says “that’s amazing” or “that’s fantastic” or “that’s outstanding” to any lame comment or barely exciting story.

I think you're hearing what you want to hear. 

• Fire 1

23 minutes ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

I think you're hearing what you want to hear. 

Nope, I heard it live.  The dude literally said this on air.

“Dan, I’ll have sex with your mother.”

A sports radio producer said this live on air.  Why?  Cuz he’s a moron.