Sox Calling Up DeLoach

17 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Which why the Sox called up Ramos instead of Sosa.   Makes sense.

Wasn't Sosa injured at the time? I remember reading Ramos was called up because we was the only 3B that was healthy.

3 hours ago, EloyJenkins said:

I was so excited when they signed Colas. I really wonder if it's their system that ruined him or he just doesn't have it in him to be more than AAAA fodder. but this constant stream of has beens from other Orgs is reason enough to know that Getz is awful at his job and this team is going nowhere for years. 

This season Colas isn’t even AAAA fodder. I have no idea why this guy hasn’t panned out but at this point they should just trade him and get what they can for him. It’s obvious that he’s not in future White Sox plans

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

image.png

Remember during the offseason when some posters respected Getz’s sound strategy of signing cheap vets to give the prospects more prep time in the minors?  Yeah, that was pretty much bullshit.  Getz is simply calling up anyone and everyone this season, regardless of performance, readiness, etc.  🤣

Edited by WhiteSox2023
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

Colas is only player ass 🤡 Grifol has ever held accountable. Yet clubhouse in shambles with every veteran, entire Grifol tenure.

Edited by Soxfest
  • Like 3

18 minutes ago, GreenSox said:

So we have Sheets at DH, The Pillar in LF, and Pham in CF.  And the three new guys share time in RF.  Is that the plan?

Pillar in left would give me more confidence than what we have.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Quin said:

Pillar in left would give me more confidence than what we have.

It takes leaving the putrid Sox to go balls out and play well.  Pillar’s numbers with the Angels, even including his crappy Sox stats, are absolutely insane.

1 hour ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Remember during the offseason when some posters respected Getz’s sound strategy of signing cheap vets to give the prospects more prep time in the minors?  Yeah, that was pretty much bullshit.  Getz is simply calling up anyone and everyone this season, regardless of performance, readiness, etc.  🤣

Except Colas.  f*** that guy.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, The Mighty Mite said:

This season Colas isn’t even AAAA fodder. I have no idea why this guy hasn’t panned out but at this point they should just trade him and get what they can for him. It’s obvious that he’s not in future White Sox plans

Nah. They should just play him at the big league level tbh. It would be nice for Oscar to earn it first in AAA, but let’s face it, he’s not returning much. I still feel his opportunity will come this season, but it’s obvious he’s made very few fans in the org. 

Sox trade a 25 year old Colas for a minimal return with the ability to option him for 1.75 more seasons and he probably turns into a 2 WAR OF. Just let him play RF, especially with Eloy hurt again. 

I like bringing up DeLoach to go with DeJong. Can somebody tell me in layman's terms why I should be excited bout DeLoach? Is he good?

And Nastrini which reminds me of Pastrami. What's his quick story. He got absolutely torched today. Is he any good? Did u guys like the trades in which we got DeLoach and Nastrini? Thanx in advance.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, greg775 said:

I like bringing up DeLoach to go with DeJong. Can somebody tell me in layman's terms why I should be excited bout DeLoach? Is he good?

And Nastrini which reminds me of Pastrami. What's his quick story. He got absolutely torched today. Is he any good? Did u guys like the trades in which we got DeLoach and Nastrini? Thanx in advance.

I liked both trades. Some of the FutureSox guys were saying that the draft pick is probably the most valuable thing we got for Santos. I didn't watch the game. Nastrini had one bad game at AAA after being optioned, and he seemed to right the ship in 3 starts. He's good, but does experience control issues. I think he's a guy who stabilizes, and eats innings for a couple years until the real guys (Noah Schultz, Grant Taylor, Jairo Iriarte, Mason Adams) come up. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, GreenSox said:

So we have Sheets at DH, The Pillar in LF, and Pham in CF.  And the three new guys share time in RF.  Is that the plan?

You mean there is a plan?

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

When they finaly fire Marco I hope he brings Colas with him. 

Colas has struggled for sure. Though at least better than steel walker! Not sure if you heard this story, but I think maybe keith law mentioned it once? Anyways, apparently one of the senior scouts said he would quit if the sox passed on steel! thought he was an allstar! The only way to get over that is probably to take a spin in a v8 Jeep Grand Cherokee and let it rip on the open road. 

• Haha 4