Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

WILDCARD: 9/30 Sox at Astros, 4:00 PM CT

Featured Replies

1 hour ago, Green Line said:

The Sox have been in so few playoff series its easy to recall every game.

I can still give you a nice recap of every game of the 1959 World Series.

Edited by The Mighty Mite

  • Replies 100
  • Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Will be in attendance for this one, our tickets are behind home plate. Would love nothing more than to celebrate a sweep and watch all these loser Astros fans sulk home.

  • Bonemer, I Hardly Know Her
    Bonemer, I Hardly Know Her

  • Bonemer, I Hardly Know Her
    Bonemer, I Hardly Know Her

    Sean Burke got no bitches! All he does is ball.

One of the hidden benefits of last night is that if the Sox get to tonight's starter at all - and that includes just running high pitch counts for 4 innings - the Astros will have to be really creative with the front end of their bullpen. The Sox did very well against 4 of their 11 postseason pitchers last night and the Astros had to throw 8 guys total.

I feel really good about the overall approach the Sox had at the plate. Sam really set the tone on being dialed on the zone and making sure he usually went deep into the count last night. We definitely want that to continue.

1 minute ago, Greg Hibbard said:

One of the hidden benefits of last night is that if the Sox get to tonight's starter at all - and that includes just running high pitch counts for 4 innings - the Astros will have to be really creative with the front end of their bullpen. The Sox did very well against 4 of their 11 postseason pitchers last night and the Astros had to throw 8 guys total.

I feel really good about the overall approach the Sox had at the plate. Sam really set the tone on being dialed on the zone and making sure he usually went deep into the count last night. We definitely want that to continue.

Yeah, patience and fouling pitches off is gonna be huge. Can't let Brown go more than 5, which is what he's been doing in most of his recent starts.

22 minutes ago, Greg Hibbard said:

One of the hidden benefits of last night is that if the Sox get to tonight's starter at all - and that includes just running high pitch counts for 4 innings - the Astros will have to be really creative with the front end of their bullpen. The Sox did very well against 4 of their 11 postseason pitchers last night and the Astros had to throw 8 guys total.

I feel really good about the overall approach the Sox had at the plate. Sam really set the tone on being dialed on the zone and making sure he usually went deep into the count last night. We definitely want that to continue.

They can throw Wesneski or Lambert on short rest if need be, but yeah that would be ideal for us too.

I gotta work through his one. Sucks. Be nice to win and get some primetime games next week. Go Sox!

I'm putting a Sam 10+ pitch first AB and Muneshot in the 1st into the ether, set the tone early and get the boobirds out and let Burke cook! Go get a W today and pop more bottles in Houston boys!

1 hour ago, Greg Hibbard said:

One of the hidden benefits of last night is that if the Sox get to tonight's starter at all - and that includes just running high pitch counts for 4 innings - the Astros will have to be really creative with the front end of their bullpen. The Sox did very well against 4 of their 11 postseason pitchers last night and the Astros had to throw 8 guys total.

I feel really good about the overall approach the Sox had at the plate. Sam really set the tone on being dialed on the zone and making sure he usually went deep into the count last night. We definitely want that to continue.

I want to see at least three 18 pitch at bats for banana man today 😎

26 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

I gotta work through his one. Sucks. Be nice to win and get some primetime games next week. Go Sox!

I wouldn't expect any primetime games in the ALDS with teams like the Dodgers and most likely Yankees still playing. Game 1 is already announced for noon Saturday and game 2 for 4 pm Monday.

2 hours ago, T R U said:

Will be in attendance for this one, our tickets are behind home plate. Would love nothing more than to celebrate a sweep and watch all these loser Astros fans sulk home.

This means you have to do the truffle shuffle on camera

9 minutes ago, hoosiersoxfan said:

I wouldn't expect any primetime games in the ALDS with teams like the Dodgers and most likely Yankees still playing. Game 1 is already announced for noon Saturday and game 2 for 4 pm Monday.

F lol

3 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

This means you have to do the truffle shuffle on camera

Will do, keep an eye out for me. Im a 42 year old white male, will be wearing a baseball hat.

15 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Interested to see what the pitching plan is for tomorrow after Burke. Got to think that Hagen & Taylor are not options for tomorrow.

if Sox are up late and it's close, I think he will use the best player available

5 hours ago, ron883 said:

Yesterday was tense at times, but it felt like we were in control for the entire game. Never felt like the Astros were really going to tie it up or take the lead. I'm feeling confident we can end this tonight.

that's what happens when you shut down Yordan

1 hour ago, The Mighty Mite said:

I can still give you a nice recap of every game of the 1959 World Series.

How did Billy Pierce do?

14 minutes ago, joejoesox said:

that's what happens when you shut down Yordan

Every team has a “don’t let him beat you“ guy and that describes Yordan.

15 minutes ago, oldsox said:

How did Billy Pierce do?

Lucky to get into a game. Didya recall he was on the Tigers squad that played the Cubs in the 45 WS and didn’t get into a game?

“Do not let intrusive thoughts win”57ecf5ae-1637-4c98-a22e-a623dd3fa6d8.jpeg

1 hour ago, chitownsportsfan said:

I gotta work through his one. Sucks. Be nice to win and get some primetime games next week. Go Sox!

I cannot envision Cleveland/Houston/Chicago getting prime time over

LA - well only west coast so they may be last

NY/Boston

Chicago/Milwaukee/SD - well maybe them

49 minutes ago, T R U said:

Will do, keep an eye out for me. Im a 42 year old white male, will be wearing a baseball hat.

IMG_7064.jpg

6 minutes ago, JoeCredeYes said:

image.png

Not sure about Beni 5th but I guess it gets Grichuk into the game in that spot if they go lefty.

6 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

IMG_7064.jpg

lol I have the white beard but I’m more athletic than that guy. I’m rocking my 83 jersey with the bulls city connect hat. Sox have never lost a playoff game I’ve attended.

White Sox fans in attendance tonight would be smart to boo Sousa if he gets an opportunity to pitch, because if they boo loud enough he will think it's Astros fans and will probably mess him up mentally lol

good thing these games are in Houston... not sure we'd have gotten any games completed in chicago the next couple days.

Edited by harkness99

The Sox can do something tonight they've only done one other year since 1918 - win a series in the postseason!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.