3 hours ago3 hr 1 hour ago, Green Line said:The Sox have been in so few playoff series its easy to recall every game.I can still give you a nice recap of every game of the 1959 World Series. Edited 3 hours ago3 hr by The Mighty Mite
2 hours ago2 hr One of the hidden benefits of last night is that if the Sox get to tonight's starter at all - and that includes just running high pitch counts for 4 innings - the Astros will have to be really creative with the front end of their bullpen. The Sox did very well against 4 of their 11 postseason pitchers last night and the Astros had to throw 8 guys total. I feel really good about the overall approach the Sox had at the plate. Sam really set the tone on being dialed on the zone and making sure he usually went deep into the count last night. We definitely want that to continue.
2 hours ago2 hr 1 minute ago, Greg Hibbard said:One of the hidden benefits of last night is that if the Sox get to tonight's starter at all - and that includes just running high pitch counts for 4 innings - the Astros will have to be really creative with the front end of their bullpen. The Sox did very well against 4 of their 11 postseason pitchers last night and the Astros had to throw 8 guys total.I feel really good about the overall approach the Sox had at the plate. Sam really set the tone on being dialed on the zone and making sure he usually went deep into the count last night. We definitely want that to continue.Yeah, patience and fouling pitches off is gonna be huge. Can't let Brown go more than 5, which is what he's been doing in most of his recent starts.
2 hours ago2 hr 22 minutes ago, Greg Hibbard said:One of the hidden benefits of last night is that if the Sox get to tonight's starter at all - and that includes just running high pitch counts for 4 innings - the Astros will have to be really creative with the front end of their bullpen. The Sox did very well against 4 of their 11 postseason pitchers last night and the Astros had to throw 8 guys total.I feel really good about the overall approach the Sox had at the plate. Sam really set the tone on being dialed on the zone and making sure he usually went deep into the count last night. We definitely want that to continue.They can throw Wesneski or Lambert on short rest if need be, but yeah that would be ideal for us too.
2 hours ago2 hr I gotta work through his one. Sucks. Be nice to win and get some primetime games next week. Go Sox!
1 hour ago1 hr I'm putting a Sam 10+ pitch first AB and Muneshot in the 1st into the ether, set the tone early and get the boobirds out and let Burke cook! Go get a W today and pop more bottles in Houston boys!
1 hour ago1 hr 1 hour ago, Greg Hibbard said:One of the hidden benefits of last night is that if the Sox get to tonight's starter at all - and that includes just running high pitch counts for 4 innings - the Astros will have to be really creative with the front end of their bullpen. The Sox did very well against 4 of their 11 postseason pitchers last night and the Astros had to throw 8 guys total.I feel really good about the overall approach the Sox had at the plate. Sam really set the tone on being dialed on the zone and making sure he usually went deep into the count last night. We definitely want that to continue.I want to see at least three 18 pitch at bats for banana man today 😎
1 hour ago1 hr 26 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:I gotta work through his one. Sucks. Be nice to win and get some primetime games next week. Go Sox!I wouldn't expect any primetime games in the ALDS with teams like the Dodgers and most likely Yankees still playing. Game 1 is already announced for noon Saturday and game 2 for 4 pm Monday.
1 hour ago1 hr 2 hours ago, T R U said:Will be in attendance for this one, our tickets are behind home plate. Would love nothing more than to celebrate a sweep and watch all these loser Astros fans sulk home.This means you have to do the truffle shuffle on camera
1 hour ago1 hr 9 minutes ago, hoosiersoxfan said:I wouldn't expect any primetime games in the ALDS with teams like the Dodgers and most likely Yankees still playing. Game 1 is already announced for noon Saturday and game 2 for 4 pm Monday.F lol
1 hour ago1 hr 3 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:This means you have to do the truffle shuffle on cameraWill do, keep an eye out for me. Im a 42 year old white male, will be wearing a baseball hat.
1 hour ago1 hr 15 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:Interested to see what the pitching plan is for tomorrow after Burke. Got to think that Hagen & Taylor are not options for tomorrow.if Sox are up late and it's close, I think he will use the best player available
1 hour ago1 hr 5 hours ago, ron883 said:Yesterday was tense at times, but it felt like we were in control for the entire game. Never felt like the Astros were really going to tie it up or take the lead. I'm feeling confident we can end this tonight.that's what happens when you shut down Yordan
1 hour ago1 hr 1 hour ago, The Mighty Mite said:I can still give you a nice recap of every game of the 1959 World Series.How did Billy Pierce do?
59 minutes ago59 min 14 minutes ago, joejoesox said:that's what happens when you shut down YordanEvery team has a “don’t let him beat you“ guy and that describes Yordan.
54 minutes ago54 min 15 minutes ago, oldsox said:How did Billy Pierce do?Lucky to get into a game. Didya recall he was on the Tigers squad that played the Cubs in the 45 WS and didn’t get into a game?
44 minutes ago44 min 1 hour ago, chitownsportsfan said:I gotta work through his one. Sucks. Be nice to win and get some primetime games next week. Go Sox!I cannot envision Cleveland/Houston/Chicago getting prime time over LA - well only west coast so they may be last NY/BostonChicago/Milwaukee/SD - well maybe them
34 minutes ago34 min 49 minutes ago, T R U said:Will do, keep an eye out for me. Im a 42 year old white male, will be wearing a baseball hat.
32 minutes ago32 min 6 minutes ago, JoeCredeYes said:Not sure about Beni 5th but I guess it gets Grichuk into the game in that spot if they go lefty.
27 minutes ago27 min 6 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:lol I have the white beard but I’m more athletic than that guy. I’m rocking my 83 jersey with the bulls city connect hat. Sox have never lost a playoff game I’ve attended.
24 minutes ago24 min White Sox fans in attendance tonight would be smart to boo Sousa if he gets an opportunity to pitch, because if they boo loud enough he will think it's Astros fans and will probably mess him up mentally lol
19 minutes ago19 min good thing these games are in Houston... not sure we'd have gotten any games completed in chicago the next couple days. Edited 15 minutes ago15 min by harkness99
8 minutes ago8 min The Sox can do something tonight they've only done one other year since 1918 - win a series in the postseason!
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.