Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

ALDS - Game 5 - Deciding Game - Sat 10/10 - 7PM Ct

Featured Replies

4 minutes ago, fathom said:

What was it after the deadline though when they lengthened their lineup?

5-6

  • Replies 1.7k
  • Views 27.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Chicago White Sox
    Chicago White Sox

    Boys, it’s do or die time tonight. I went into the home games feeling we had this series locked down, but for many reasons we failed to take advantage of a great opportunity. Attending the two home ga

  • I made a bad decision last night and bought tickets and will be on my way to Cleveland tomorrow morning. I don't want this fuckin thing to end.

  • one week later “God, it’s me again”

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, T R U said:

Oh quit your whining, I’ve been calling this team bad all season.

My older son who knows nothing about baseball starting getting into it. He usually only loves football but starting asking me about the Sox. I told him that if there’s any team that can blow a 2-0 lead in a 5 game series, it’s the Sox.

Can’t blame any one but the guys on offense. They blew this serious and this game.

They struck out 50% of time almost, it’s impossible to win when you do that.

2 minutes ago, Soxfest said:

BM is not automatically the starting RF next year. Guy needs a lot of work and is not ready offensively.

I'll be honest, outside of Chase/Sam/Miggy/Teel/Mune, no one should be automatic anything. I don't even love Mune after the collapse, but he is 100% going to be out there.

7 minutes ago, bmags said:

It really sucks. It was an embarrassing loss with the strikeouts.

That said I still feel like a lot of you are soft. “Oh no we lost in the ALDS let’s trade everyone that didn’t play well waaah”.

I’m pretty damn bummed right now but I have to admit I’m really enjoying these crashouts.

Just now, Boopa1219 said:

Can’t blame any one but the guys on offense. They blew this serious and this game.

They struck out 50% of time almost, it’s impossible to win when you do that.

Never scored more than 5 runs in any game. Also only hit 2 homers all series despite all the Ks. It's one thing if you're hitting homers with the Ks. It's another to get no benefit from swinging for the fences every time.

Edited by chw42

3 minutes ago, Green Line said:

Whatever you say. I'm usually right and Im right about this too. Try something different next playoffs.. whenever that ends up being

Imagine spending actual effort being mad over what people wore to a game. It's so pointless.

Just now, southsider2k5 said:

Imagine spending actual effort being mad over what people wore to a game. It's so pointless.

You spend actual effort arguing endlessly with Tray about parking lots. It could be worse.

1 minute ago, bmags said:

In many ways they did better than I thought with their good pieces. Sean Burke was brilliant. Hagen showed he has something big to contribute.

But their staff was an inch deep. So you can definitely overhaul the bottom of the pitching staff but I actually feel damn good building it up around them.

I do still wish we could try to convert taylor.

Taylor needs to improve his slider or to add a sweeper/cutter

successful two pitch starters are quite unusual

outside of guys like Contreras Buehrle Johan Santana

5 minutes ago, Bonemer, I Hardly Know Her said:

Would have been the ballsiest move ever but in hindsight, Will PH'ing Grich for Mune vs a lefty with the bases loaded would have been awesome.

That’s the problem. It would have been ballsy, but Venable doesn’t have the balls to do it.

6 minutes ago, Chick Mercedes said:

They were aggressive all year. I guess they felt like dying with the sword. The team will evolve, add some new blood and reload. I feel confident that by 2028 the latest they will be a powerhouse

Problem is you need to evolve to take the series. They lost and unprepared.

4 minutes ago, Green Line said:

I realized the team was kind of bad in late June, early July. It was still a fun season but I had a nagging fear in my head it was going to end in massive embarrassment. They tried to do it in the regular season but the historically bad AL saved them.

We made the ALDS and lost in game 5. You are all soft.

6 minutes ago, Bonemer, I Hardly Know Her said:

Would have been the ballsiest move ever but in hindsight, Will PH'ing Grich for Mune vs a lefty with the bases loaded would have been awesome.

The thought crossed my mind at the time even though I knew Will would never do it....but hey we wouldn't have been able to see back to back golden sombreros if he had.

2 minutes ago, chw42 said:

Never scored more than 5 runs in any game. Also only hit 2 homers all series despite all the Ks. It's one thing if you're hitting homers with the Ks. It's another to get no benefit from swinging for the fences every time.

Sean Burke was GREAT today.

Sean Newcomb was GREAT.

And the batters didn’t do them justice.

3 minutes ago, MexSoxFan#1 said:

Cleveland has the arms, their hitting is near the bottom. They'll get exposed now facing quality pitching with teams that can score runs.

The typical score in the TB vs CLE series will be something like 4-2 TB on top. I don't expect many high scoring games but TB will definitely send Cleveland packing.

4-1 TB advances

You saw what Cleveland can do on offense when we don't walk them 20 times over 2 games. They scored 2 runs on a fluke homer. Tampa should walk all over these guys.

2 minutes ago, almagest said:

I’m pretty damn bummed right now but I have to admit I’m really enjoying these crashouts.

Likewise. For once, I had reasonable expectations, so I feel like I’m watching it from a safe distance lol.

2 minutes ago, Green Line said:

You spend actual effort arguing endlessly with Tray about parking lots. It could be worse.

No. Really, this is worse. At least a parking lot serves a function other than how it looks.

4 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Smith or Herrin?

they're not going to trade him lol

yeah you're right, he's obviously untouchable

https://i.postimg.cc/SKzyz0vm/Screenshot-20261010-212634.jpg

35 minutes ago, fathom said:

Colson’s got to go

If Venable continues to use these unintelligent lefty/righty matchups next year, add it to the list of s%*# he's been incapable of learning from

4 minutes ago, Soxfest said:

BM is not automatically the starting RF next year. Guy needs a lot of work and is not ready offensively.

I agree, he started off having a good batting approach but as the season progressed, chasing too many balls out of the strike zone. And his lack of power is pretty alarming.

18 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

then the whole team is except Vargas peters Antonacci Meidroth

Coming out of the season with a pretty solid positional player core in Teel, Droth, Vargs, Ant-man and Peters. Colson, Braden and Mune need a new approach. Nice bullpen, and they have about 10 starters to work with behind Burke.

Sucks they lost like this. It could be a great building block.

Lol at match ups being the problem. This team just destroyed strike out records. Like it mattered if you struck out RvsL or Lvs L

2 minutes ago, chw42 said:

You saw what Cleveland can do on offense when we don't walk them 20 times over 2 games. They scored 2 runs on a fluke homer. Tampa should walk all over these guys.

They ain't getting freebies from better pitching rotations and BPs.

My only solace is that Fatboy Ramirez will end up ringless lol

2 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

No. Really, this is worse. At least a parking lot serves a function other than how it looks.

Righto.

Anyway, the blackouts were dumb.

I started the season in the car with Len & DJ on the radio and ended the season in the car with Len & DJ on the radio. This season has been a great ride.

The game threads have been a blast and I am looking forward to them next season.

Shout out to the Mods for handling this zoo, much appreciated

Edited by Falstaff

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.