Official 2006-2007 NBA Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ May 15, 2007 -> 09:27 PM)
Great great W.

Love Skiles rotation. Limit Nocioni's minutes, get Tyrus a lot of action. Good use of Duhon (nice game by Chris), and good use of Thabo.

They can't match up with Tyrus at all. Nocioni, I'm through with him. Clogs stuff up and slows up the game a lot.

Well it's a series now. Defend your home court and anything can happen in game 7. But game 3 haunts me more and more by the game....where was Tyrus in game 3 coach? If he hadn't been MIA that night, it might be 3-2 Bulls right now.

Oh, and the NBA has no right to ever complain when people hint of a fix ever again. To suspend 2 players from one team and not 2 players from another for the identical crime screams, at least, favoritism to me. The Suns are a global team, but the Spurs are THE global team, which is why they have always been treated well by the NBA and are again to an extreme here. Stern is too damn busy worrying about the game worldwide to care about TV ratings, which is why the Spurs in their tiny TV market get so much love. This is Bud Selig-esque work by Mr. Stern.

I'm glad Tyrus is showing why he is a stud even though Slavko hates him. :P

And I won't watch game 6 through on because the first 3 games I've watched we've lost and these last 2 we've won. So hopefully that'll bring us some luck. :D

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ May 15, 2007 -> 09:40 PM)
Well it's a series now. Defend your home court and anything can happen in game 7. But game 3 haunts me more and more by the game....where was Tyrus in game 3 coach? If he hadn't been MIA that night, it might be 3-2 Bulls right now.

I disagree, I think if we won game 3, we would have lost game 4, or atleast game 5

I think going down 0-3 made the bulls relax because they stopped trying to do to much, relaxed and started playing their game knowing they have nothing to lose. This coinciding with the Pistons relaxing thinking they had it locked up, and now we have a series. I think if the Pistons lost a game earlier they would have maintained a high level of play, and this series would be over

QUOTE(GoRowand33 @ May 15, 2007 -> 10:05 PM)
I disagree, I think if we won game 3, we would have lost game 4, or atleast game 5

I think going down 0-3 made the bulls relax because they stopped trying to do to much, relaxed and started playing their game knowing they have nothing to lose. This coinciding with the Pistons relaxing thinking they had it locked up, and now we have a series. I think if the Pistons lost a game earlier they would have maintained a high level of play, and this series would be over

The Pistons recent history in closeout games (1 loss since 2002, and it was a game 7 of the NBA Finals on the road) suggest your theory is a pile of hooey. If the Bulls lose in 7, it was a series lost by the player rotations of Scott Skiles in game 3.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ May 15, 2007 -> 06:13 PM)
Tyrus Thomas hit a spin-to-the-baseline kiss off the glass that was just beautiful. i dont trust him to do it regularly, but it was nice to see something other than a dunk or free throw from TT.

Ya, that was a fantastic move and I think it really was a glimpse of his future abilities (every once in a while he's shown some sikly low post moves) and his continued growth. He really came up huge with some major plays that gave the Bulls momentum (on offense and defense). His athletism is ridiculous and when it pans out it can create momentum changing plays.

Awesome game by Hinrich (he really stuck his nose out there and played f***ing aggressive and with it, everyone else played aggressive). Gordon/Deng both had fabulous games as well. Gordon played solid defensively, made pretty smart decisions and was aggressive early, got his shot and helped get the Bulls a pretty good size lead.

PJ Brown also deserves some serious credit. He played fabulous. Sef and Duhon also had some quality minutes for Chicago.

QUOTE(SoxAce @ May 15, 2007 -> 10:03 PM)
I'm glad Tyrus is showing why he is a stud even though Slavko hates him. :P

And I won't watch game 6 through on because the first 3 games I've watched we've lost and these last 2 we've won. So hopefully that'll bring us some luck. :D

Hey shut up. I gave him his props for tonight's game! :lol: You sunnuva...

Edited by SoxFan1

Congrats to Utah, from no playoffs to the West Finals in a calendar year is great work. And for them to win on a night where Deron is 1 for 11 shooting for 2 points, 2 rebounds, 7 dimes, 5 turnovers, and 5 fouls (that was the worst game i've ever seen him play, college or pro, and i've seen him play over 100 times now) is impressive. They are going to take on a team better, although more beat up, than them next.

This series was lost in the first 2 at Utah. GS should have won at least 1, and could have certainly won both of those games, but didn't finish the job either time. That double error was too much for them to overcome.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE(Wedge @ May 15, 2007 -> 06:10 PM)
Basically since they're f***ed for Game 5, the Suns should just take cheapshots on the Spurs when Duncan is on the bench hoping he goes on the floor and gets suspended.

I said the exact same thing. It's just garbage that the Spurs net an advantage.

QUOTE(GoRowand33 @ May 15, 2007 -> 10:05 PM)

Yeah, I still think the Bulls would have had a reasonable shot to be down 3-2, but it wouldn't be 3-2 Bulls.

Idonno why everyone is b****ing about it, it has always been the rule and it has happened in the past and its always the same result. Duncan's thing was a lot different since there was no fight going on and he was still actually close to his bench not running towards the middle of the court where the incident was. It is a bad rule but the Phoenix Suns knew about it so :chair