Prince Fielder Speculation

chisoxfan09

Without giving up Beckham, it's going to have to be Gavin Floyd AND Santos AND Viciedo/Flowers.

You can't cripple the starting pitching staff by including Floyd, Danks or Hudson in a trade.

We can shed Torres, of course, but that's not going to be enough to come close to getting Fielder or Dunn.

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (kane0730 @ Jul 23, 2010 -> 08:16 AM)
Per Heyman:

"chisox like prince fielder but have discussed dunn, laroche and berkman, in that order, as possible 2nd choices."

At this point, I'd be happy with any of these 4 guys.

LaRoche makes me happy.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 23, 2010 -> 10:01 AM)
Without giving up Beckham, it's going to have to be Gavin Floyd AND Santos AND Viciedo/Flowers.

You can't cripple the starting pitching staff by including Floyd, Danks or Hudson in a trade.

We can shed Torres, of course, but that's not going to be enough to come close to getting Fielder or Dunn.

Gavin Floyd alone is worth more than Prince Fielder.

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (ICP! @ Jul 23, 2010 -> 08:08 AM)
A trade for Fielder today would be right what the doctor ordered. I just need some kind of big splash to get the juices flowing.

Kenny, just make a balls out move dude. You know you have it in you. Prince has the potential to become a mega star in Chicago.

You just stay off of the bandwagon...

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 23, 2010 -> 10:01 AM)

I wouldn't trade Floyd or Danks straight up for Fielder.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jul 23, 2010 -> 11:53 AM)
I wouldn't trade Floyd or Danks straight up for Fielder.

Ditto.

Fielder just isn't going to happen imo. At this point the only 2 real chips we have are Dayan and Flowers. Beckham isn't going anywhere and at least to me(which means nothing but I think Kenny feels the same way) Huddy became untouchable the moment Peavy went down with his injury.

Laroche and Luke Scott definitely make the most sense right now.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jul 23, 2010 -> 12:02 PM)
Ditto.

Fielder just isn't going to happen imo. At this point the only 2 real chips we have are Dayan and Flowers. Beckham isn't going anywhere and at least to me(which means nothing but I think Kenny feels the same way) Huddy became untouchable the moment Peavy went down with his injury.

Laroche and Luke Scott definitely make the most sense right now.

I think Luke Scott makes the most sense out of anyone, mainly because he can play RF, which would allow Quentin to DH, and Ozzie can keep his rotating DH (Teahen, Scott, Jones, and Quentin).

The one thing I am sensing in all of this is that Kotsay seems to be the player who gets left out. The Sox are interested in acquiring a left handed bat, and Teahen is going to return shortly...I just don't see how the Sox would be able to justify Kotsay's presence on the roster.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jul 23, 2010 -> 12:05 PM)
I think Luke Scott makes the most sense out of anyone, mainly because he can play RF, which would allow Quentin to DH, and Ozzie can keep his rotating DH (Teahen, Scott, Jones, and Quentin).

The one thing I am sensing in all of this is that Kotsay seems to be the player who gets left out. The Sox are interested in acquiring a left handed bat, and Teahen is going to return shortly...I just don't see how the Sox would be able to justify Kotsay's presence on the roster.

Isn't Scott a butcher in RF?

QUOTE (kane0730 @ Jul 23, 2010 -> 12:15 PM)
Isn't Scott a butcher in RF?

I thought the same thing for some reason. But according to UZR, he's been above average in both LF and RF for his career, though there's not a whole lot of data in which to judge. He's got a below average arm but well above average range.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 23, 2010 -> 01:44 PM)
The only thing I know is that he can't be worse than Quentin. Good enough for me.

Im pretty sure there were a lot of people saying the same thing in regards to Quentin over Dye last year.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 23, 2010 -> 04:53 PM)
Good point. All you heard was get Quentin back to his "natural" position of RF and he would shine. Major disappointment.

The thing with Quentin is that he used to be good in RF when he could still run. After his foot injuries, he's been absolutely dreadful.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 23, 2010 -> 05:04 PM)
The thing with Quentin is that he used to be good in RF when he could still run. After his foot injuries, he's been absolutely dreadful.

I understand that, but at the same time you are saying that Luke Scott couldnt be any worse in right than Quentin, and the guy hasnt played there but 37 games since 08 according to Kalapse. We just dont know if he couldnt be any worse,

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 23, 2010 -> 05:51 PM)
I understand that, but at the same time you are saying that Luke Scott couldnt be any worse in right than Quentin, and the guy hasnt played there but 37 games since 08 according to Kalapse. We just dont know if he couldnt be any worse,

It's just really hard to be worse than Quentin right now.

And it's not like Scott has been kept out of the outfield because he's bad. Markakis plays right field and the Orioles have had better options to play left.

Edited by chw42