Juan Pierre

Special K

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not that Juan has been good defensively, but I just worry about an OF of Quentin, Viciedo, Rios.

I wonder if there is any chance we could deal Quentin for a defensive stud in the OF....maybe the Angels would be willing to trade us Bourjos for Quentin?

QUOTE (iamshack @ May 14, 2011 -> 11:11 PM)
Not that Juan has been good defensively, but I just worry about an OF of Quentin, Viciedo, Rios.

I wonder if there is any chance we could deal Quentin for a defensive stud in the OF....maybe the Angels would be willing to trade us Bourjos for Quentin?

I don't think there's any situation that could convince the Angels that they employ enough CF's.

QUOTE (bucket-of-suck @ May 15, 2011 -> 01:19 PM)
As long as Pierre and AJ are any kind of core players on this squad the Sox will be the among the worst defensive teams in MLB. It's unreal just how bad those two are. Keep talking about how important defense is Ozzie.

You've certainly done a 180 of late.

QUOTE (iamshack @ May 14, 2011 -> 10:11 PM)

Bourjos is basically a faster Jacoby Ellsbury with more power potential. And he's going to be dirt cheap for a while. The Angels would laugh at that proposal.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 15, 2011 -> 12:24 PM)
Bourjos is basically a faster Jacoby Ellsbury with more power potential. And he's going to be dirt cheap for a while. The Angels would laugh at that proposal.

I suppose you're right, J....I didn't realize he slugs for .450 or so...probably because he legs out so many doubles and triples that would normally be singles and doubles.

Bad idea.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 15, 2011 -> 01:30 PM)
Viciedo is getting called up tomorrow. I believe Teahen will be DL'd. It will be interesting to see how and if Ozzie uses him.

Who knows what Ozzie will do, but I wish he would start Viciedo in LF and bench Pierre. Let Omar start a lot more alternating between 2B and 3B as the leadoff man. When Omar is not starting, let either Ramirez or Rios lead off.

QUOTE (South Side Fireworks Man @ May 15, 2011 -> 01:58 PM)
Who knows what Ozzie will do, but I wish he would start Viciedo in LF and bench Pierre. Let Omar start a lot more alternating between 2B and 3B as the leadoff man. When Omar is not starting, let either Ramirez or Rios lead off.

Agree with this, although I'd use Omar more at 3B. We're going to need Beckham to come around if we want to make a comeback.

I guess the point is moot because ozzie isnt likely to change but would anyone be in favor of Teahan in left field. He seems to be hitting pretty well when he plays. i dont know how much hes played lf though

i guess if teahan is going to the dl then just move along

Edited by joejoedairy

QUOTE (South Side Fireworks Man @ May 15, 2011 -> 01:58 PM)

I can't see Vic getting little playing time or it would be best for him to be back in the minors. Who knows there may be another player that might be nursing an injury that could use some time off. Hopefully it's Pierre.

Ozzie today after game.

“One thing about Juan.” Guillen said. “You’re going to see the same (effort Monday night). He’s going to go out and play the game, play the game right. When you play every day, you’re going to go through tough times.

“He’ll be there batting first again. I don’t worry about him because he’s a professional. He will battle. That’s not the first time he’s been through it. He’ll find a way.”

Pierre has four hits in his past 29 at-bats, and his batting average has dipped from .266 to .242.

OG what a joke!

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ May 16, 2011 -> 05:21 AM)
And just to fuel the fire, Juan now owns a -1.2 WAR. Making him the worst player in baseball by DOUBLE that of the 2nd worst player, which is Carl Crawford at -0.6.

How does that one sit with you guys? Still don't want to release him and have to eat $4M or so?

Cut our losses. Later JP.