Baseball America's Top 10 White Sox Prospects

striker

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jan 11, 2012 -> 07:30 AM)
But I thought only Keith Law made disparaging remarks about the White Sox farm system?

Well...

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jan 11, 2012 -> 07:42 AM)
No, I think it is more like Keith Law only makes disparaging remarks about the White Sox.

...this.

Phil Rogers is so f***ing stupid. Not surprised in the slightest that he included Marinez and Martinez in the top 10, despite them having no business being there. I'd take Escobar over Martinez if I had to, but we definitely have a couple other position playing prospects with higher upsides than just a reserve infielder. Mitchell is reaching his make or break year, but he's still a better prospect than Ozzie f***ing Martinez. If I had 30 minutes, I bet I could come up with 3 - 5 more obvious ones. Also, while Wilkins is nothing special, Rogers has the nerve to say he'll be our future 1B but still rates him lower than Martinez. That makes absolutely no sense to me.

As for Marinez, how is Hector Santiago not ahead of him? Hell, I may take Infante or Leesman over him if I'm just looking at relievers that are close to major leage ready. There's also three pitchers from last year's draft I'd rate higher in Johnson, Soptic, & Snodgrass.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jan 11, 2012 -> 05:30 AM)
But I thought only Keith Law made disparaging remarks about the White Sox farm system?

The farm system is deeper now but it still lacks elite talent. Phil Rogers isn't exactly one to say many good things about the Sox either though (and he is pretty much responsible for the Sox Top prospects lists).

Overall this was a s***ty job by Rogers, and that's not surprising from him.

I know most articles start with some background as to why the system is the way it is, but he spent like 3/4 of the article bashing the Sox and not talking about who they do have. It should be a mix of discussion as to how the prospects got there, and then about the prospects themselves.

This gave little to no insight on Sox prospects.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Jan 11, 2012 -> 11:52 AM)

I know most articles start with some background as to why the system is the way it is, but he spent like 3/4 of the article bashing the Sox and not talking about who they do have. It should be a mix of discussion as to how the prospects got there, and then about the prospects themselves.

This is due to the fact that he has little to no insight on Sox prospects.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Jan 11, 2012 -> 10:52 AM)

I'm sure that is on purpose to get people to pay for their subscription service.

What was the farm system ranked before the Hudson trade? Again, if Sale turns out to be a top of the rotation starter to go along with Hudson . . . That might not be top 5, but it isn't bottom 5 either and certainly not dead last. Throw Molina in the mix and there's a possibility that by 2014 the worst system in baseball produced 3 front of the rotation starters.

Edited by Marty34

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Jan 11, 2012 -> 11:03 AM)
What was the farm system ranked before the Hudson trade? Again, if Sale turns out to be a top of the rotation starter to go along with Hudson . . . That might not be top 5, but it isn't bottom 5 either and certainly not dead last. Throw Molina in the mix and there's a possibility that by 2014 the worst system in baseball produced 3 front of the rotation starters.

lol. So the Sox get credit for Hudson, even though they foolishly and inexplicably traded him after three starts?

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jan 11, 2012 -> 11:12 AM)
lol. So the Sox get credit for Hudson, even though they foolishly and inexplicably traded him after three starts?

The farm system should not really be judged on the quality of players coming out of it (though that is a factor into other areas), but for the talent it brings your MLB club, whether that's through trade, calling up prospects, etc.

If a team has an amazing farm system but they get traded for players that don't pan out or don't help the club then the farm system is useless.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jan 11, 2012 -> 11:12 AM)

Yes, the Sox get credit for developing him in the farm system. Unless he spent an appreciable amount of time in Arizona's farm system, his talent was developed with the Sox. Just like I would give the Sox credit for developing Danks even though he hadn't spent much time in the majors before before we acquired him. the Texas farm system produced him. The sox farm system acquired him but didn't develop him.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jan 11, 2012 -> 12:12 PM)

Well, he was drafted by the Sox and came through the Sox system to reach the majors so I guess the DBacks should probably be the ones to get credit

Edited by ChiSox_Sonix

QUOTE (DirtySox @ Jan 11, 2012 -> 11:34 AM)
jimcallisBA Jim Callis

Yes, they do. #Marlins, #Indians just barely better than them. @jonf1220: #WhiteSox have to have the worst farm system right?

2 hours ago Favorite Retweet Reply

f***ing seriously? Even after all of those trades we're still the worst? I knew it was really bad, but man...