5/8 vs Cubs

flavum

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ May 8, 2014 -> 11:54 AM)
Baseball! Game on WGN and I think it's Hawk and Stoney giving play by play. ESPN was gagga over Abreu last night and we saw some good baseball played by our Sox. Tuesday was good too

WGN is the Cubs broadcast. Sox on CSN.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 8, 2014 -> 11:06 AM)
f*** the NFL draft, there is baseball on.

The NFL draft is pretty boring, I'd much rather watch a baseball game (or any game for that matter). If you follow it at all, you know everything about every guy already. What more is there? All you need to see is which team drafts what player, which can be looked at in 2 minutes instead of watching 4-5 hours worth of "action."

/takes cover.

Yeah I don't know why I like it so much, but offseasons are very fun for the "what ifs" and projections, and drafts are very condensed versions of that. For 3 days you get lots of different news items rather than 1 or 2 every week for 3 months.

If an offseason was condensed down into 3 weeks I may enjoy that more than watching actual games.

The NFL draft is pretty boring, I'd much rather watch a baseball game (or any game for that matter). If you follow it at all, you know everything about every guy already. What more is there? All you need to see is which team drafts what player, which can be looked at in 2 minutes instead of watching 4-5 hours worth of "action."

/takes cover.

Yeah my plan tonight is to watch the Sox game and then flip over to ESPN/NFLN during commercials to catch up on the last 1-2 picks. If the Bears get on the clock during a point in the Sox game where Abreu isn't due up, I may actually miss a couple minutes of the Sox game to catch the Bears pick.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ May 8, 2014 -> 12:33 PM)
30 years ago today the Sox and Brewers played the longest game in history and Tom Seaver won 2 games in 1 day. Fun read about it...

1984 game

I was there for the whole game. Skipped school the second day to go back and watch it. It was alot of fun to watch. Didn't stay for the second game. I had to get some sleep.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ May 8, 2014 -> 12:04 PM)

/takes cover.

Ratings say otherwise

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 8, 2014 -> 01:08 PM)
Daryl Van Schouwen ‏@CST_soxvan 1h

Thurs starter Scott Carroll (1-1, 0.68) is 3rd ChiSox to allow 1 ER or less in each of first 2 career games (Kip Wells '99, Fred Klages '66)

I was at the Fred Klages game or maybe it was the Kip Wells game........either way the NFL draft is boring.

I know there is hoopla to it but I think those folks are a little hard up for things to occupy their time.

QUOTE (ptatc @ May 8, 2014 -> 10:40 AM)
I was there for the whole game. Skipped school the second day to go back and watch it. It was alot of fun to watch. Didn't stay for the second game. I had to get some sleep.

No s***? That's a pretty big one to have witnessed it. I remember falling asleep.