2015-2016 NBA Thread

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 30, 2016 -> 09:36 PM)
Ok, people. Yes, I tend to exaggerate at times. I know this. But i'm literally witnessing the greatest single-game playoff performance EVER. I mean EVER. The Spurs didn't even do the Heat this dirty. LeBron, I hate to say this. But 2/7 in on the horizon for you, sir. Cleveland ain't beatin' either one of GS/SA. Just not gonna happen.

Boylen is one of the few guys on the staff that I have any faith in. So it would figure he'd head elsewhere. Yes, I am that down on Hoiberg. Honestly, I think Del negro would be an upgrade and that says something. I will admit, that he clearly could learn in year two, but if he has a 2nd year like his 1st year, you have to cut ties.

QUOTE (chw42 @ May 4, 2016 -> 10:35 AM)
Toronto really sucks in the playoffs. I'm fairly convinced that the Bulls could have beat them if they got the 7th seed.

I don't watch much regular season NBA at all, but as I've started following in the playoffs, I'm just amazed that Toronto is a 2 seed. I realize the East is a lot weaker, but they suck.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ May 5, 2016 -> 01:15 PM)
Boylen is one of the few guys on the staff that I have any faith in. So it would figure he'd head elsewhere. Yes, I am that down on Hoiberg. Honestly, I think Del negro would be an upgrade and that says something. I will admit, that he clearly could learn in year two, but if he has a 2nd year like his 1st year, you have to cut ties.

Id rather have Vogel than Hoiberg

Now this report sounds like the right decision. I hope there is truth to it.

http://nba.nbcsports.com/2016/05/05/report...g-jimmy-butler/

A league source tells CSNNE.com that the Bulls, while still open to listening to offers for Butler, are telling teams that are inquiring about his availability that their plan for now is to keep him in the fold.

And while there was some thought that a top-3 pick coupled with a few decent players might be enough to entice the Bulls to pull the trigger on a deal to trade Butler, CSNNE.com has been told such an offer would have to include at least one “legitimate, NBA starter” for the Bulls to even possibly consider trading him.

“And that might be a stretch,” the source indicated.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 8, 2016 -> 12:00 PM)
Cowley up to his old tricks again. Says Butler is upset at the smear campaign being thrown his way. Cowley, who reported the Noah/Butler would have come to blows on his own, now seems to claim Gar is behind this smearing.

Typical Cowley garbage. While there is often some truth to his stuff, he always seems to draw two or three wrong conclusions based on his findings.

QUOTE (buhbuhburrrrlz @ May 8, 2016 -> 09:25 PM)
OKC looking good

2-2

Duncan has 4 points in the last 3 games. Anyway, Durant took over down the stretch. This series is going just has I suspected it would. Still don't trust the Thunder. I'd be shocked if the Spurs didn't win game 5.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 8, 2016 -> 11:00 AM)
Cowley up to his old tricks again. Says Butler is upset at the smear campaign being thrown his way. Cowley, who reported the Noah/Butler would have come to blows on his own, now seems to claim Gar is behind this smearing.

Cowley, in that interview, if that's what you're referencing, actually talked negatively about Noah. Lots of people I know didn't even bother listening to it and have been accustomed to the "Jimmy is a cancer/asshole" storyline and ran with it.

Cowley's main source is Jimmy.

Friedell's main source is Noah.

This Blazers-Warriors game is fantastic. Draymond Green also went off at a ref during a timeout in a 3-point game. Kind of crazy that he lost his mind. Could have been T'd the way he ran up to the ref.

QUOTE (danman31 @ May 10, 2016 -> 12:23 AM)
This Blazers-Warriors game is fantastic. Draymond Green also went off at a ref during a timeout in a 3-point game. Kind of crazy that he lost his mind. Could have been T'd the way he ran up to the ref.

He had a case but yeah, getting T'ed up there would be devastating for his team.