White Sox acquire Brett Lawrie

Baron

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Dec 9, 2015 -> 03:53 PM)
Same. Much like what AJ brought to this team.

I'm on this side of things. I'm sick of watching the same old White Sox team show up flat and act like they don't care. I want a guy who loves playing baseball and is a hard a** about it. We need to play every game with our hair on fire I, hopefully this guys attitude is contagious. As long as he isn't shooting guns, beating people, or getting DUIs I'm fine with a guy who is cocky and hard edge in the clubhouse and more importantly on the field.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (WhiteSoxLifer @ Dec 9, 2015 -> 03:44 PM)
@Sam_Sherman5 it's not cooing off. It just hasn't happened yet. Not untypical for Sox.

https://twitter.com/susanslusser/status/674698614682345472

Someone asked susan if the lawrie Sox trade is cooling of and this his her reply

Okay I'm pretty confident Oakland just planted this story on her and she got played.

QUOTE (SoCalSox @ Dec 9, 2015 -> 03:57 PM)
I'm still confused how anyone can look at the Sox history & see what they currently have at 3B & say they don't want Lawrie. At the right price, this could be a very nice add. That or give up your #1 overall prospect for 2 years of Todd Frazier.

Or sign a "stop gap" with no one really down in the minors to develop.

I would rather trade our #1 prospect for 2 years of Todd Frazier than simply acquire Brett Lawrie for free. He's not good. We can only hope he becomes average one of these years. And then there is the baggage and personality that comes along with it.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Dec 9, 2015 -> 04:01 PM)
I would rather trade our #1 prospect for 2 years of Todd Frazier than simply acquire Brett Lawrie for free. He's not good. We can only hope he becomes average one of these years. And then there is the baggage and personality that comes along with it.

Are you kidding?

You'd rather trade Anderson or Fulmer for 2 years of Frazier instead of a lower level guy for Lawrie?

Hell maybe we are trying to get both of these guys.... Frazier for 3B and Lawrie at 2B and the Lawrie things is predicated on the other. I mean it's not reasonable but possible. I just think their is too much smoke since late last night we are getting Lawrie but we are still working on something. You are also not hearing any other teams in on Lawrie.

Edited by Frank_Thomas35

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Dec 9, 2015 -> 04:07 PM)
@JoeStiglichCSN

#Athletics, White Sox still talking Lawrie, but it's been a struggle agreeing on prospects that would go to Oak, I'm told.

That's what happens when you don't have a lot of assets to trade..

Or when you don't want to be taken advantage of. We have some good assets but we shouldn't trade most of them for Lawrie, I am glad we aren't giving in like we have in the past

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Dec 9, 2015 -> 04:03 PM)
Are you kidding?

You'd rather trade Anderson or Fulmer for 2 years of Frazier instead of a lower level guy for Lawrie?

Anderson, yes. Because Frazier is actually a good baseball player. He is a major upgrade. Lawrie isn't a good baseball player. He may not even be better than Saladino at 3B over a full year. Brett Lawrie shouldn't excite ANYONE.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Dec 9, 2015 -> 04:13 PM)
Anderson, yes. Because Frazier is actually a good baseball player. He is a major upgrade. Lawrie isn't a good baseball player. He may not even be better than Saladino at 3B over a full year. Brett Lawrie shouldn't excite ANYONE.

We'll have to agree to disagree then because I definitely think that Lawrie would be an upgrade over Saladino.

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Dec 9, 2015 -> 04:07 PM)
What if the Sox got Lawrie, Frazier, CarGo, and Upton within the next 24 hours?

This forum would explode lol.

I am confident that scenario will not transpire, within the next 24 hours, or the next 24 years!!!!

The Sox don't have the assets, the money or the need for anything so draconian.

Edited by Lillian

QUOTE (fathom @ Dec 9, 2015 -> 04:13 PM)
There are going to be some grumpy people on here if nothing gets done before the meetings end.

It's just fun to talk about actual moves rather than debating armchair GM stuff. It would be unfortunate, but there's still a lot of offseason left.