Why is Rollins DHing

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (ventura_abreu @ Jun 5, 2016 -> 11:08 AM)
Why is Rollins being put at DH? He doesn't even hit well enough anymore to be the everyday shortstop.

Because Robin knows absolutely nothing about baseball, refuses to listen to his coaches or superiors, and does whatever he wishes without repercussion just because JR is a loyal guy,.

I wonder if people realized if he actually did everything he was "supposed" to do, like never playing so and so vs. LH pitching, never putting someone in a specific spot in the order etc., he already would have to forfeit just about every game, because he couldn't field a team.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 5, 2016 -> 11:12 AM)
Because Robin knows absolutely nothing about baseball, refuses to listen to his coaches or superiors, and does whatever he wishes without repercussion just because JR is a loyal guy,.

I wonder if people realized if he actually did everything he was "supposed" to do, like never playing so and so vs. LH pitching, never putting someone in a specific spot in the order etc., he already would have to forfeit just about every game, because he couldn't field a team.

Agreed. Who's to blame for the 23-10 start?

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Jun 5, 2016 -> 11:10 AM)
Because Robin is a f***ing, incoherent moron that doesn't care to look at matchups or statistics when creating a lineup.

/thread

You need to simmer down lately, black cloud

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jun 5, 2016 -> 11:40 AM)
I think the big takeaway here is just how worthless Sands is. He's literally a backup platoon DH who can't even get playing time when we're down two OFs. Rick Hahn please get his ass off this roster.

But he plays first base (terribly)!/green.

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Jun 5, 2016 -> 09:41 AM)
Along with Garcia and Shuck in the mix for playing time. Yuck.

I've been seeing a lot of people posting negative stuff about Avi lately . Are you all just echo machines reposting what you see others posting ? Avi is, at least right now, one of the Sox lesser problems . If you look at who among the Sox is best with runners in scoring position you would discover Avi is the best on the Sox with a .988 OPS. Abreu has the most AB

s on the team in that kind of situation and his OPS is a paltry .535 . The Sox are in no position offensively to get rid of their most productive hitter with runners in scoring position. If anything Avi should be getting more time in the middle of the order.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Jun 5, 2016 -> 05:02 PM)
I've been seeing a lot of people posting negative stuff about Avi lately . Are you all just echo machines reposting what you see others posting ? Avi is, at least right now, one of the Sox lesser problems . If you look at who among the Sox is best with runners in scoring position you would discover Avi is the best on the Sox with a .988 OPS. Abreu has the most AB

s on the team in that kind of situation and his OPS is a paltry .535 . The Sox are in no position offensively to get rid of their most productive hitter with runners in scoring position. If anything Avi should be getting more time in the middle of the order.

Yeah I don't get the avi hate either. Hasn't been great but certainly better than the alternatives. 2/5 in this series.

QUOTE (Jerksticks @ Jun 5, 2016 -> 05:23 PM)
Agreed. Who's to blame for the 23-10 start?

That was an anomaly, a fluke. This team is amazingly flawed. Robin does deserve credit for that I guess but it was a mirage. This team can't beat it's brethren in the Central. In fact is a laughingstock in its own division.

QUOTE (flavum @ Jun 5, 2016 -> 09:11 AM)
The bigger issue is going to become why not Anderson over Rollins on the roster.

Tim Anderson has put up a .725 OPS in his 2 months at AAA, is a clearly inferior defender than Saladino and you seriously think he should be in the majors?

I wonder why it is that all over baseball the stupidest people are managing while millions of fans are sitting in the stands who could do it better. Just follow the stats and conventional wisdom. All it really takes is a decent phone and a good internet connection. Look up what to do in each situation and do it. Jeez, how simple can it be?

QUOTE (Tex @ Jun 6, 2016 -> 06:46 AM)
I wonder why it is that all over baseball the stupidest people are managing while millions of fans are sitting in the stands who could do it better. Just follow the stats and conventional wisdom. All it really takes is a decent phone and a good internet connection. Look up what to do in each situation and do it. Jeez, how simple can it be?

Ugh, same old tired argument. Apparently the 30 smartest & most qualified people in the world are currently managing MLB teams. Might as well shut down this site then. If fans aren't allowed to challenge poor decision-making or even deem a certain manager bad relative to his peers, what else is off limits? I guess the GMs don't make mistakes either, so us "arm chair" GMs really can't question them either. At least we're allowed to rip the players, right Tex?

I find it laughable that people continue to defend a guy who literally had no coaching experience before taking the job. The entire hiring process was laughable, ignoring his complete lack of a resume and not interviewing any alternatives. No doubt we had to get the guy with the "Five Star General" traits before the rest of the league realized he was available. And I can already hear the next bulls*** defense coming: he played in the majors for 15 years. Lol at anyone who actually thinks that justifies his hiring.