yesterday333

Machado signs with Padres 10/300

Exactly this scenario is why teams bid against themselves. It prevents another team from swooping in late and stealing the player with a slightly higher offer. 

Just now, bmags said:

Padres with Machado and Tatis for next decade is worse than cubs signing either to me. Just a team created by white Sox failure.

QFT. 

6 minutes ago, beckham15 said:

But 8/280 has already been thrown out there as well 🙂

If the Padres have really offered that, my guess it comes with a ton of deferred money and the present value of it is substantially less.  But regardless, offer 8/$280M and end this then.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bmags said:

Padres with Machado and Tatis for next decade is worse than cubs signing either to me. Just a team created by white Sox failure.

Just a reminder, the Sox did outbid San Diego for Luis Robert. Time will tell how that works out.

Are you guys really going to force my hand into writing the fourth chapter for Chicken Soup for the Manny Machado Soul?

1 minute ago, Jose Abreu said:

You know Soxtalk is losing its collective mind when a Bob Nightengale tweet is taken as gospel

This thread is beautiful in its inanity.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

Exactly this scenario is why teams bid against themselves. It prevents another team from swooping in late and stealing the player with a slightly higher offer. 

I actually agree with this. But Sox can still wind up with Manny, either way they will have to pay up. They could have done it a long time ago though. 

1 minute ago, Sarava said:

Just a reminder, the Sox did outbid San Diego for Luis Robert. Time will tell how that works out.

San Diego was in the tax already with like a 600 person class that has partly fueled their #1 farm system.

Haven’t been here in several hours. What is the panic about? Is San Diego a serious player?

Let me know why I should be worried...although I still probably won’t be worried. 

• Haha 1

Just now, SoxBlanco said:

Haven’t been here in several hours. What is the panic about? Is San Diego a serious player?

Let me know why I should be worried...although I still probably won’t be worried. 

Still nothing to see here in my opinion. SD has made offers from 240 mil to 280 mil and everything in between. 

2 minutes ago, SoxBlanco said:

Nightingale saying the Padres have offered Machado an eight year deal for somewhere between $240M & $280M.  Heyman has suggested there be some deferred money.

Edited by Chicago White Sox

1 minute ago, SoxBlanco said:

Several people (most recently Nightengale) are posting potential San Diego offers that are higher than we've heard the White Sox offers to be.

1 minute ago, SoxBlanco said:

There are rumors that aren't aligned with our desires, so the typical cast of characters are melting down. Which i think is the third component in the Soxtalk Manny Machado flow chart.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1