7/28 Sox/Indians Double Header thread

Just now, BigHurt3515 said:

Think we went through everyone? 

I guess you could have put Goins at 2B and Mendick in the OF at that point. I think Eloy is still sitting

McCann was going to have to catch since they took grandal out anyways. Unless I missed something.

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

Real talk, but the lack of OF depth is astounding to me.  We literally just started a game with Nicky Delmonico & Adam Engel in the corners.  We honestly don’t deserve to win baseball games against a team like the Indians with such horrible offensive players in LF & RF.

All that time spent trying to make Collins a catcher probably should have been spent making him a corner OF.

Just now, Yearnin' for Yermin said:

And you need to grow the hell up. Embarrassing.

Honestly the dude's cycles are as predictable as the moon's.  If he can't contain himself the mods should put him on time out in game for his own good and everybody else's.  The "I'm sorry it won't happen again I'm _____" posts don't do anybody good.

• Like 1

Just now, chitownsportsfan said:

All that time spent trying to make Collins a catcher probably should have been spent making him a corner OF.

He doesn’t have the speed or athleticism to play a subpar LF IMO.  We should have just signed a cheap corner bat in the likely event Mazara or Eloy (or both!) missed time.

1 minute ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Honestly the dude's cycles are as predictable as the moon's.  If he can't contain himself the mods should put him on time out in game for his own good and everybody else's.  The "I'm sorry it won't happen again I'm _____" posts don't do anybody good.

Nobody can take a joke.....whatever. 

This season sucks so far...has anyone ever heard of dark humor? Seriously? 

Edited by Jack Parkman

8 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

You weren’t joking though, at least not initially

I wasn't joking about the pitch selection/blocking issues. I was completely joking about the "next Sox FA flop thing" He'll be fine as a hitter. The DH thing was more intentional hyperbole about being frustrated with his pitch calling/blocking. 

If you've seen my posts lately, you should have known that I don't think that even when the season is completed you can draw any conclusions. Can you draw conclusions by Memorial Day in a normal season? Not really. So why should we here? 

BTW my dad is a Dodger fan and I've seen enough of Grandal to know that his pitch blocking is subpar. It is what it is, and it's going to drive everyone nuts. He's good defensively except for pitches in the dirt. 

Like I said in a previous post, Grandal supposedly studied the Sox pitchers this winter and his pitch selection so far with the starters couldn't be more wrong. He's gotta get on the same page with his guys. 

Edited by Jack Parkman