Sign in to follow this  
bmags

Padres Acquire Clevinger per Multiple Reports

The last time the padres were this busy they went 74-88 and had to go on a 5 year rebuild.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, bmags said:

The last time the padres were this busy they went 74-88 and had to go on a 5 year rebuild.

lol that was fantastic. But then again we tried that off-season too and bombed.

Just now, Harold's Leg Lift said:

Preller is a legit crazy person and I absolutely love him for it.

I think Preller is probably an owner's favorite GM to have. He seems to go 0-60 when pushed a bit. Helps he has confidence that they will be able to restock constantly (and with good reason looking at how Texas has fared post him leaving)

Cal Quantrill at least. Anyone in the Indians system is scary but glad it isn't Gore. Glad they didn't get Abrams.

Good, he's out of the league and on a team I'll probably never even watch, unless they make the WS.

Gore isn't in the deal from the looks of it. Quantrill and Naylor going to the Indians.

weird I thought they traded Cantillo yesterday. Interesting package, reminds me of the Rangers deals where they were sending a bunch of 101-250 guys out for packages like Hamels.

edit: Quantrill is pretty good, as is Naylor. Just not the top line talent I was expecting.

Just now, 35thstreetswarm said:

So our division rival’s rotation is weakened and we didn’t lose any of our top-level assets?  Score

Not yet anyway.

So our division rival’s rotation is weakened and we didn’t lose any of our top-level assets?  Score

and our division rival didn't get any blue chippers either. Pretty good trade for Sox fans from the looks of it

My reaction too.  Glad it wasn't the Sox overpaying.

2 minutes ago, bmags said:

weird I thought they traded Cantillo yesterday. Interesting package, reminds me of the Rangers deals where they were sending a bunch of 101-250 guys out for packages like Hamels.

edit: Quantrill is pretty good, as is Naylor. Just not the top line talent I was expecting.

This is like if we traded a bunch of our 5-10 prospects with Ross Detwiler and Zack Collins for Clevinger. Cleveland didn't make out too well tbh.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, bmags said:

#Matt Kemp #Craig Kimbrel #Justin Upton