AND THATS A SWEET ROAD SWEEP WHITE SOX WINNER

Tnetennba

32 minutes ago, Dallas Kong said:

Fuck that. 19 games left? Let’s win 12 of those and the division. With 8 against the Tigers, Pirates, and Reds, I don’t think that’s out of the question.

For my two cents,  I would rather get the roster as healthy as possible and the pitching staff optimally aligned for the playoffs.  If we can do that and win a bunch, great. If not, I would rather be ready for the playoffs than to maximize regular season wins in a season with no home field advantage. 

3 hours ago, EloyJenkins said:

They literally only need to win 5-6 more to make playoffs. Glad yoyo got the day off and EE, Mazara and Mendick all had some production

Nah, they need to win 1-2 more to make the playoffs IMO. 28-32 should be enough for the 8th seed.

Of course, we're gonna do better than 2-17 from this point forward, but this is just to say that the 99.9% postseason odds seem pretty accurate

I love the game threads. First the bottom of the lineup was a blackhole, Madrigal not playing WTF, and they proceed to collect a bunch of hits.

Then Encarnacion hitting 4th so bad so terrible that he proceeded to hit a 3 run bomb  and RBI single.

Then its DFA Cordero and drop Cishek into a bottomless pit even though we're staring at guys like Bernardo Flores and Alex McRae now in the bullpen.

Then its McRae is going to turn this into a save situation fast.

Then you see the critical guys saying I will keep criticizing if they keep doing this well aka " I am right if they suck and if they are good I am responsible because I used the old reverse Jinx."

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Love 4

41 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

I love the game threads. First the bottom of the lineup was a blackhole, Madrigal not playing WTF, and they proceed to collect a bunch of hits.

Then Encarnacion hitting 4th so bad so terrible that he proceeded to hit a 3 run bomb  and RBI single.

Then its DFA Cordero and drop Cishek into a bottomless pit even though we're staring at guys like Bernardo Flores and Alex McRae now in the bullpen.

Then you see the critical guys saying I will keep criticizing if they keep doing this well aka " I am right if they suck and if they are good I am responsible because I used the old reverse Jinx."

Four letter word sums it up well. Alas, that word is banned, though.

49 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Nervous men are an interesting species.    

1 minute ago, bmags said:

I can tell I’m getting old when I realize that I am kinda bothered by how Eloy wears his jersey. Just some instinctive old man voice screaming from the void to button it up.

I mean.. Carlos Rodon was doing the same thing prior.. he's doing it in his honor. :lol:

Edited by SoxAce

1 hour ago, bmags said:

I can tell I’m getting old when I realize that I am kinda bothered by how Eloy wears his jersey. Just some instinctive old man voice screaming from the void to button it up.

You may be in luck. Reinsdorf banned headbands on the Bulls for a while. Maybe he'll do the same here.

3 hours ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

I personally think fans need to just accept the face EE and Grandal are both good additions. Case closed. EE has hit some mammoth, important bombs. Sweeps against KC are awesome. I hesitate to b**** much about anything right now Sox related. I mean it's not like EE has been worthless. Ditto Grandal. Even Nomar has not been horrificly bad. Throw in the super human performaces of Tim, Robert and Abreu and don't worry, be happy. And Eloy.

1 hour ago, Bazox said:

Only watching the highlights this season as I can't seem to get a stream over here , really exciting stuff , keep it going .

Q : The parrot ?

When Edwin Encarnacion hits a HR he holds his right forearm parallel to the ground about shoulder high as if its a human parrot perch. And sometimes the broadcast adds a little cartoon parrot to his arm. He's been doing it for years before he became a White Sox.

• Like 1

Kneejerkery in the game threads is the very reason I keep the forums on during games, it just adds to the drama.

Imagine the chat if EE missed that bomb, if Grandal didn't get the call at home plate, if Tim made another error, or if the pen lost the game,

That's just baseball, so please let the kneejerkery continue. :)

Edited by periphery831
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, peanut33tillman said:

Sit Moncada until Detroit Friday night at the earliest. Give him some rest. Similar spot to a couple weeks ago with Pirates-Tue/Wed bookended with off days tomorrow/Thursday. Need him for the long haul With those legs feeling as good as possible. 

Agreed 100%. Gives his body time and plenty of games to still get ready for playoffs. Yolmer swung a hot bat yesterday, give him a start or two and Mendick is available also with Madrigal hopefully starting.