Tony La Russa named Manager

YourWhatHurts

11 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

When your boss's boss "recommends" something,  most people seem to "come around".

This reeks of just that. I don't know how anyone can see this as anything but a Jerry decision. I wouldn't be surprised if Hahn does leave. 

At a certain point when you realize you are in an organizational structure like this, you collect a paycheck or move on. There just isn't value in pushing back.

Edited by shakes
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, VAfan said:

Idiot, moron. You throw these words around in a way that demeans you.

And then you complain about the horrible treatment your wife has received.

If you want a civil society that doesn't demean people, try creating one with your comments.

Man things sure do go over your head. I was saying you can't just say words and claim they mean something else.

My wife being harassed by government officials, degraded and demeaned in the way she was is disgusting. You comparing a fan discussing a baseball manager on a public message board and calling him a moron, to a federal agent, whose salary I absolutely do pay, intimidating, screaming at, and verbally abusing my wife while calling her a liar while having her locked in a room is one of the most absurd things I've ever heard. The fact that you think those two things are similar certainly says a lot more about you than it does about me. 

36 minutes ago, Vulture said:

Perhaps yours doesn't. Obviously there's a high level of variation in aptitude.

Processing the color of grass or the location of the closest car when crossing the street amazingly doesn't fall under the definition of computational analysis. Sorry to break that to you. The definition of computational is.... you guessed it, relating to and using computers.

This place is cracking me up today.

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, oneofthemikes said:

It's reasonable to deduce that Keuchel, who hadn't tweeted in months, excitedly tweeting that big things are ahead for the Sox within a couple of hours of Ricky's firing was under the impression that Hinch was coming.

And considering Hinch is the guy Hahn wanted, it seems fair.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, shakes said:

This reeks of just that. I don't know how anyone can see this as anything but a Jerry decision. I wouldn't be surprised if Hahn does leave. 

At a certain point when you realize you are in an organizational structure like this, you collect a paycheck or move on. 

I agree, after rebuilding this team from the ground-up Hahn earned the right to pick his own Manager.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Correct. In fact, the White Sox have no players under contract who were on a Major League roster in 2011, the last time Tony LaRussa managed (unless team options on Edwin or Gio are exercised). Baseball has changed a lot over the past decade, both on the field and in the clubhouse.

It’s been a long time since I rock and rolled.”

- Robert Plant, who is 4 years younger than Tony LaRussa

Robert Plant continues to tour every year so it really hasn't been a long time

Managers are not players bosses. 

Players make 10 times the money a manager does. People who compare this to their jobs are comparing apples to oranges. If I made 20 times as much as my manager, I would know I'm the one who is in control; I'd know that because the people in actual charge determined I was 20 times more valuable to the companies success than this guy bossing me around. Players have taken can control and its on managers and coaches to adjust. This took time but its come full circle with the modern player. The reason a GM still has some authority over players is because they can still fire them in theory. 

Managers have no leverage. They're less valuable, paid less, and can't fire anybody. 

That said, this isn't basketball or football and no one is demanding a trade. 

• Love 1

3 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Processing the color of grass or the location of the closest car when crossing the street amazingly doesn't fall under the definition of computational analysis. Sorry to break that to you. The definition of computational is.... you guessed it, relating to and using computers.

This place is cracking me up today.

Computation is mathematical calculation. This is accomplished by a brain believe it or not. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Computational_thinking

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, joesaiditstrue said:

Jerry Reinsdorf is a billionaire narcissist and a horrible owner.  Apparently he has no shame mechanism, or even a shred of self respect.  Literally nobody except Jerry and Tony were fans of this move.  

How dare you dismiss fans of Clint Hurdle.

7 minutes ago, Vulture said:

Computation is mathematical calculation. This is accomplished by a brain believe it or not. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Computational_thinking

again you are now changing what was said and its exhausting. Computational analysis is done using a computer. Jaysus man, I'm in a master program studying this very thing formally. I've worked in the field. You comparing your brain deciding whether you can cross the street to computational analysis is complete and utter nonsense. 

Computational thinking is the combination of ones thought process and knowledge with computational analysis and the development of that process ON A COMPUTER in analysis programs and software. The goal is to combine a thought process with computational analytics.

No point in carrying this conversation on further.

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run

Just now, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

again you are now changing what was said and its exhausting. Computational analysis is done using a computer. Jaysus man, I'm in a master program studying this very thing formally. I've worked in the field. You comparing your brain deciding whether you can cross the street to computational analysis is complete and utter nonsense. 

Computational thinking is the combination of ones thought process and knowledge with computational analysis and rhd development of that process ON A COMPUTER. 

No point in carrying this conversation on further.

AGREED

47 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

because we're not dumb and he said that on the day RR was fired...yes. 

Obviously Hinch was a candidate.  I highly doubt anyone that mattered told DK the day RR was fired that Hinch was their guy - he was just expressing excitement for the future.  Like 95% of all sox fans the day RR was fired.  

8 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Obviously Hinch was a candidate.  I highly doubt anyone that mattered told DK the day RR was fired that Hinch was their guy - he was just expressing excitement for the future.  Like 95% of all sox fans the day RR was fired.  

But as most of us know, anything that appears hopefully always ends up being a ruse.

1 minute ago, Vulture said:

How did we get here? I assume it came from Tony's "observational analytics" (which is nonsense and honestly feels like a phrase that he cooked up just so he could put the word "analytics" on his resume).

Anyway, who cares? It's semantics. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Balta1701 said:

They were told 3 weeks+ ago that Hinch was a possibility/likely. We know that from Keuchels' twitter.

The day of Hahn's interview it came out that TLR was the front runner by the Sox mouth piece. At that point players had to know it was a legit thing. 2 weeks ago most fans figured TLR was a serious candidate even if we believed he wouldn't get the job. At that point the players should have taken a stand if they didn't want him. 

• Chisoxfn locked and unlocked this topic