Jump to content
Baron

La Russa arrested for DUI in Feb; charged day before hire

Recommended Posts

Just now, Harold's Leg Lift said:

The Sox ruled him out first.  

Not a tier 4 guy like they like.   

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm all in favor of Sox fans filling up mailboxes of Sox PR people, but the Stroman comments are soooooooo damning.

The arguable (and it's a pretty easy arugment to make) #2 SP on the FA market is basically telegraphing, publicly, his previous intentions of signing with this team.  And now it's almost like he's mad that he can't even take an interview without deprecating his moral positions beforehand.  That is sooooooooo bad.

I mean, damn.  

Fuck jerry reinsdorf so hard if he can't change the course after all of this.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Harold's Leg Lift said:

The Sox ruled him out first.  

I agree with this, but don’t you think the bigger issue is some players might feel this way that they are interested in?

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Sockin said:

sreifert@chisox.com and bboyer@chisox.com

I think it will become bigger than a fan response. I can see the White Sox getting pressure from their media outlets. board members and advertisers to move on from TLR.  Maybe I am naive, but think the FO is circling the wagons today trying to find the best way out of this dilemma. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Dick Allen said:

If the team knew it and hired him anyway, he isn't going to step aside now. They wouldn't have hired him in the first place. I was against hiring him, that was before I knew he was a multiple DUI guy. He needs rehab. If he's sincere, it will help him.

Funny how Tony wants his team to be sincere about bat flips when Tony isn't sincere about the danger of driving drunk.

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Love 1
  • Fire 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

The Sox ruled him out first.  

They should rule their selves out of all future planning.  By "they" I mean reinsdorf and he can take his ass kissing butler KW with him.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, A-Train to 35th said:

Funny how Tony wants his team to be sincere about bat flips when Tony isn't sincere about the danger of driving drunk.

 

 

It's worse that the Sox think this doesn't matter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, SCCWS said:

I think it will become bigger than a fan response. I can see the White Sox getting pressure from their media outlets. board members and advertisers to move on from TLR.  Maybe I am naive, but think the FO is circling the wagons today trying to find the best way out of this dilemma. 

This is the only way. 

Edit: if thousands of Sox fans came together and put pressure on Sox advertisers that would certainly help.

Edited by reiks12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

nobody go read Cohen's comments on why he purchased the Mets. Speaking strictly baseball, the guy sounds like a fan's wet dream

Edited by TheTruth05
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, fathom said:

I agree with this, but don’t you think the bigger issue is some players might feel this way that they are interested in?

I don't.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

The Sox ruled him out first.  

This is missing the forest for the trees.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, A-Train to 35th said:

Funny how Tony wants his team to be sincere about bat flips when Tony isn't sincere about the danger of driving drunk.

 

 

Take it farther. Funny how Tony very publicly said Colin Kaepernick was insincere for his protest, but his own 2007 statement that it would never happen again was sincere. I wonder why LaRummy gets more credit for sincerity than Kaepernick? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Sockin said:

sreifert@chisox.com and bboyer@chisox.com

Thank you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

I don't.  

Get real. This is obviously an issue.

  • Thanks 3
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

The Sox ruled him out first.  

Harold, what does this even mean? Even if the Sox had not expressed interest yet - at all - there's no way Stroman would know that for a fact.

It's not as if his agent called him and told him to go scorched earth because the Sox called and said they had no interest in a 5'9 SP in his thirties.

it's very possible the Sox have zero interest in Stroman, but the odds that Stroman would know that and act out in this way because of that is near zero.

Fact is, you've been loving this hire since it was made so you aren't exactly an unbias source of information regarding the negative impacts of this hiring.

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, The Hawk said:

Yeah and this actually COUlD turn out very well if LaRussa resigned which I think and hope he will. That would be the right thing actually. Namely LaRussa put out a statement to the effect of thanking the Sox for hiring him in spite of the mess he got himself into but deciding that for everyone's best interest he would focus on putting his life back together and straighten himself out.

  My pick from the onset was Alomar but I also like Bochey as well. Bochey is the more experienced guy and has won championships while Alomar is a "god" among the Spanish community and has a great knowledge of baseball and especially pitching.

Does LaRussa honestly strike anybody as the type that would "do the right thing" for others and actually resign?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, RagahRagah said:

Does LaRussa honestly strike anybody as the type that would "do the right thing" for others and actually resign?

not for a second

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well for all of those who wanted TLR to zoom the players to talk to them and introduce himself to them.  Well that ship has sailed.  Not that it was going to happen.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Harold, what does this even mean? Even if the Sox had not expressed interest yet - at all - there's no way Stroman would know that for a fact.

It's not as if his agent called him and told him to go scorched earth because the Sox called and said they had no interest in a 5'9 SP in his thirties.

it's very possible the Sox have zero interest in Stroman, but the odds that Stroman would know that and act out in this way because of that is near zero.

Fact is, you've been loving this hire since it was made so you aren't exactly an unbias source of information regarding the negative impacts of this hiring.

To be honest, Harold was saying no Stroman before these tweets

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Assuming he's our manager on opening day, does anyone honestly see this going beyond a season if it is a disaster?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is why it was reported the Sox will be very active in the trade market.  They knew it could be difficult to get players to sign here. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, fathom said:

To be honest, Harold was saying no Stroman before these tweets

Someone please tell me Harold's track record. Why do we believe him? Portillos Hamburger got two moves WAY before anyone and he said the Sox were interested in Stroman. Not trying to cause conflict, genuinely asking

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, manbearpuig said:

Assuming he's our manager on opening day, does anyone honestly see this going beyond a season if it is a disaster?

Yes. LaRummy will say that his GM didn’t get him the right kind of players and the GM Will lose that fight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, fathom said:

To be honest, Harold was saying no Stroman before these tweets

I get that, and I don't doubt for one second that the Sox had less interest in a pitcher like Stroman but the fact is there's no way they would have told Stroman that already, and if they did they are complete morons who eliminate leverage with other FA's by stating that one isn't even on their radar.

So portraying this as Stroman lashing out because the Sox told him they weren't interested just seems wrong.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×