4-19 GT: Sox @ Boston (10:10am)

Just now, WhiteSoxFan1993 said:

I have not seen any recent updates, but the last I saw with Engel was April 30, but Hamilton's expected return date would be April 20, which is tomorrow.

I believe the target for Engel is the beginning of the next homestand, which is this Friday April 23 vs Tex.

• Like 1

Just now, Baron said:

Just when I thought we got rid of Yolmer and that routine Leury becomes the new Yolmer. 

Well, that is what happens when your 1st, 2nd and 3rd string LF get hurt, your 4th string is AAAA player that goes 0fer and the other guy getting LF reps is a 1B that hasn't played LF since middle school and looks totally overmatched at the plate.

Engel will be back soon enough.  I too was bitching about Vaughn not playing everyday a week or so ago, but man, he is overmatched right now.  I am OK with Leury playing some LF every few days.  

• Like 1

Just now, Capn12 said:

This is our 17th game, and Leury's 10th start.

Not a winning formula long term, but hopefully...and boy I feel odd, thinking Engel is a solution, but it is better than Leury playing this much.

Outside of maybe the Dodgers, nobody is going to have someone better than Leury Garcia to fill in this often while 3 OF and 1 IF have been out with injuries.

4 minutes ago, Capn12 said:

This is our 17th game, and Leury's 10th start.

Not a winning formula long term, but hopefully...and boy I feel odd, thinking Engel is a solution, but it is better than Leury playing this much.

Eh, stars and scrubs is a formula.  We need our stars to start hitting however.

8 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Eh, stars and scrubs is a formula.  We need our stars to start hitting however.

I won't argue that....we need some timely/consistent hitting by the guys being paid a lot, for sure.

16 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Well, that is what happens when your 1st, 2nd and 3rd string LF get hurt, your 4th string is AAAA player that goes 0fer and the other guy getting LF reps is a 1B that hasn't played LF since middle school and looks totally overmatched at the plate.

Engel will be back soon enough.  I too was bitching about Vaughn not playing everyday a week or so ago, but man, he is overmatched right now.  I am OK with Leury playing some LF every few days.  

We used six LF including Eloy so it is a bad situation. I would give Lamb more starts. Edit: seven.

Edited by pcq